Photo
- - - - -

"Layout Creator" badges

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Layout Creator badges (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Layout Creator badges be removed (while leaving other privileges in place)?

1. Yes (11 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

2. No (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. I don't care either way. I'm only here for the drama. (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#81 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

I think the fact people can see who's voted what is a bit of a put off.

Sorry about that, it's an unfortunate side-effect of us moving to a more open and democratic system.

I think there should be three categories within layout creating
1, Newbie creator, someone who's started creating layouts within a year,
2, Active layout creator, someone who creates layouts regularly or within the last one-three years,
And finally 3, Inactive layout creator
Someone who's made layouts but haven't released anything in the last three years, but if they release something today say then they'd be moved up to Active layout creator. Also instead of the banners the name would be three shades of green, light green/newbie, normal green/active. Dark green/inactive.
Something to think about in my eyes a good idea.

Pastel shades or primary colours?

I quite like mauve. Or lilac.

I'm liking the suggestions about other ways of recognising creators though. Lots to think about there.

#82 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

I'm on the fence so to speak I'm for keeping badges if earnt and I'm also for not keeping badges as some are obsolete now due to not creating Layouts, so really I'm in a don't mind either way catagory, as there is no option for that I haven't voted. Also as with the mod job topic it makes no difference what the members say the management Will always have the last say.

I think you will find there is Vectra lol

"I don't care either way. I'm only here for the drama."

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#83 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

If its new 'designer' blood we need then maybe some workshops woud be an idea such as how to build a classic & graphics design for DX'ers.  We could use existing resources  - no need to go running around like headless chickens for something that's not been done before.

It could be useful to those members who've fancied making a layout but didn't know where to start.

#84 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I'm on the fence so to speak I'm for keeping badges if earnt and I'm also for not keeping badges as some are obsolete now due to not creating Layouts, so really I'm in a don't mind either way catagory, as there is no option for that I haven't voted. Also as with the mod job topic it makes no difference what the members say the management Will always have the last say.

Not sure if you understand the concept of a free vote, Mr. V?

1. I made a suggestion.
2. We discussed it in generally civil terms.
3. I set up a poll in which all members can vote on the suggestion raised. Management will agree to be bound by the result of that poll.

This system is known as democracy. It's all the rage these days apparently.

It also completely contradicts your statement above.

#85 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Pantone colours much more varied.
As for the badges / banners it makes no difference to me,as I'll still be producing a variety of layouts.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#86 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

Pantone colours much more varied.
As for the badges / banners it makes no difference to me,as I'll still be producing a variety of layouts.

Thank goodness for that, I was starting to panic!

#87 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

if the badges stay,how about black  for current and active creators and white  for inactive (like myself)  or past creators ? just a thought.... ;)

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#88 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

Sorry about that, it's an unfortunate side-effect of us moving to a more open and democratic system.

More open eh? If that's the case then fancy saying who these 3 leaving staff members are? I can guess one is Crazybar with him being in Japan but not sure who the others will be.

But back on topic Open is nice but some things need not be shared, not like i can go down to the local civic centre & ask who voted what in the last election.

#89 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

More open eh? If that's the case then fancy saying who these 3 leaving staff members are? I can guess one is Crazybar with him being in Japan but not sure who the others will be.

But back on topic Open is nice but some things need not be shared, not like i can go down to the local civic centre & ask who voted what in the last election.

http://www.fruit-emu...tats&do=leaders
-http://www.fruit-emu...oderation-team/

On the second point, are you saying that all ballots should be secret? Would that not lead to accusations of rigging?

#90 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

http://www.fruit-emu...tats&do=leaders
-http://www.fruit-emu...oderation-team/

On the second point, are you saying that all ballots should be secret? Would that not lead to accusations of rigging?

Seen & read, Geddy asks what i ask on the last page.

Also who the hell is stupid enough to believe or even think it would be rigged? If so they'd need their head cheking out. It's hardly an election for the next pm or winner gets £1m.

#91 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

Also who the hell is stupid enough to believe or even think it would be rigged? If so they'd need their head cheking out.

I've no idea. Probably no-one on here.

Also as with the mod job topic it makes no difference what the members say the management Will always have the last say.

#92 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

If its new 'designer' blood we need then maybe some workshops woud be an idea such as how to build a classic & graphics design for DX'ers.  We could use existing resources  - no need to go running around like headless chickens for something that's not been done before.

It could be useful to those members who've fancied making a layout but didn't know where to start.

Spot on DAD - I'd even give that shizzle a go myself! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users