Photo
- - - - -

"Layout Creator" badges

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Layout Creator badges (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Layout Creator badges be removed (while leaving other privileges in place)?

1. Yes (11 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

2. No (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. I don't care either way. I'm only here for the drama. (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#21 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

Suppose to say " if we have any newbie creators " fingers to quick for text on mobile phone lol.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#22 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Badges, crowns, titles. Not worth the hassle they cause. If it's needed to allow access to upload a layout can this not be earmarked in the background without being a badge of honour. If you in it for the plaudits, your in the wrong place.

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#23 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Badges, crowns, titles. Not worth the hassle they cause. If it's needed to allow access to upload a layout can this not be earmarked in the background without being a badge of honour. If you in it for the plaudits, your in the wrong place.

Indeed, pretty much in a nutshell!

• ady likes this

#24 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:05 PM

Should be able to remove the badge but without affecting the other privileges. This would seem like a reasonable compromise?

#25 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Well said look, yip for me remove the actual badge but keep the privlidges as you suggest AAA ;)

#26 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

I don't get why you feel the need to do this. Are you gonna remove the gold silver and bronze supporter badges as well?

Hold the bells mate.

#27 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

I don't get why you feel the need to do this. Are you gonna remove the gold silver and bronze supporter badges as well?

Could do. What do you reckon?

#28 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

As geddy suggested if creators still have prives of extra downloads and uploads then I can't see anyone objecting. Maybe some new ideas from the staff on how to progress the site and get more people posting, how long is it since we had a new layout creator. I know there's nothing much to do but the site always needs new blood. What you think? Could you read your pm please. 

Hold the bells mate.

#29 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

TBH it'll be a ballache having to work out whats what so I say leave it alone.  We've had the same system for years and in the main its worked very well.  Yeah there has been some controversy concerning the layout designer badge but that was a glitch in the system.  As far as other badges go I don't recall any complaints.

#30 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

As geddy suggested if creators still have prives of extra downloads and uploads then I can't see anyone objecting. Maybe some new ideas from the staff on how to progress the site and get more people posting, how long is it since we had a new layout creator. I know there's nothing much to do but the site always needs new blood. What you think? Could you read your pm please.

All these things take time... Actioning pm requests included in that.

#31 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

as cowardlycat states what this site needs is new blood Afaik I'm the last new creator creating layouts lol and that's two years now, need others to take the position is there anybody out there willing to take the challenge!!!

As DAD states its been working for the last ten years why change it now, if you contribute to the site, whatever the reason then you should be acknowledged for it as in bronze,silver  gold, creator, mod and admin also seen fme contributor on here so many badges for different things. If you get rid of one then get rid of the rest. but personally I'd be thinking of ways to increase site interest than taking it away! !

This site has in recent times "lost its way" with one thing or another it needs to get back on track.

Whatever your decision lets hope its the right one.

Yes the layout descriptions do need improving in some ways they should state what res they.re in i.e 1024,1280,1600 maybe the machine company in the title i.e jpm/barcrest including stake/prize, I try or have been doing this on most of my layouts, but you can,t always acknowledge everyone within the previous layouts etc.  

#32 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

as cowardlycat states

Who?

#33 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

tommy c is back I see nice one

#34 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

How about A knobheads badge? I would defo qualify for one of those and it would lovely under my Avatar... ;)

#35 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

How about A knobheads badge? I would defo qualify for one of those and it would look lovely under my Avatar... ;)

Look!

#36 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

Personally and not just on this website all these badge and liking and not liking etc ruin the sites .For whatever reason people seem ultra sensitive to these comments and they generally make the websites less pleasant places to be should people not show them unconditional love.I would do away with it all accept to acknowledge people that donate money .Maybe i am too old to understand all this nonsense

#37 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

Messenger isn't working can't find wer u send pms.

Hold the bells mate.

#38 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

I think 'badges' like Pook suggested are not needed.  To me it promotes 'elitism' to a certain degree and we can do without anything setting off pointless arguments. Again as Pook suggested if you get involved for the 'attention' and the need for a badge then you are in it for the wrong reasons.... just my (and Pook's 2p worth..)

Yes the layout descriptions do need improving in some ways they should state what res they.re in i.e 1024,1280,1600 maybe the machine company in the title i.e jpm/barcrest including stake/prize, I try or have been doing this on most of my layouts, but you can,t always acknowledge everyone within the previous layouts etc.  

I would love this especially with roms that are uploaded, but then once you use my DAT..... ta da bitches....... Attached File  layouts.jpg   115.24KB   1 downloads

#39 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

Definitely scrap anything that elevates a members status, there really is no need at all....   you either enjoy contributing to fme in whatever way you can or you just enjoy fme, this is a hobby.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#40 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

Concerning the donator gold, silver, and bronze badges..... you already get the additional donator marker under your nick anyway, so that should not be too much of a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users