• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hey Guys,

Been lurking for a long time and finally signed up.

Been playing with the emulators and while they are good and past the time its just not the same as the real thing.

Been looking at getting a real machine but as with most people budget is tight (2nd Baby on the way...). No real preference on machine but not those X-O's, like to have bonus' etc.

Checking out Freecycle for a mega deal (which I probably wont get) but also ebay for anything under £50, is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Also do you think it would fit into a estate car with the back seats down (and possibly having to tie the boot down) or do you think a van is a must?

Cheers

Ian

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi Ian and welcome to Fruit Emu.

I'm sure some of the guys here will help you in your questions for real fruit machines - however, do persevere with the emulators... I'd sooner play them than the real thing nowadays - and I wish it was around all those years ago - I'd have been a millionaire by now probably :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#3 dazzalatic

dazzalatic

• Regulars
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Depends where you are Ian, You can have my Red Gaming Jackpot Genie for £50, all locks keys etc. Set on 10p £5 jackpot. I'm in the Manchester area and of course if it sells a nice donation to FE as well

Cheers

Dazzler

#4 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys,

I'm in Birmingham so could make a road trip... But probably not for a week or 2 (so don't hold it)

#5 dazzalatic

dazzalatic

• Regulars
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

As long as it's gone by the 29th July that's fine.

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

You may get the odd one around £50, but most you will find more up towards the £100 mark.

I'm overt almost next door to East Midlands Airport and have a few machines looking for a new home (One being a £5JP Blue Simpsons, with new MK2 Epoch boards where applicable @ £100) if you are interested?

All the machines I have, have been fully reworked, minimal to no artwork damage, system battery fitted OFF the board to prevent leakage, min of 1 key per lock + Refill key.

#7 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Cool, have you got a list with pics (tried the site in your autosig but couldn't find any machines)

I've just seen a Maygay Mario 64 machine, that would be awesome! (Though it seems a lot f people have problems with them so maybe not the best for my first FM)

Edited by IHartwell, 07 June 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#8 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Been offered a Tetris FM (assuming its mazooma) for £50 fully working, worth it?

#9 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Been offered a Tetris FM (assuming its mazooma) for £50 fully working, worth it?

Yes, assuming it's mainboard (Especaly the battery) is in good condition.

If the battery shows signs of any green furring / leakage, RUN!

As for my machines, got the following, and they are all up on my YT page.

Maygay Simpsons

BFM Starprize

BFM Frankie Detorri's 7th Heaven

BWB Championship Soccer

ACE Cash Raider

Maygay Fight Night (Rear opening cab, castors fitted)

All except the ACE machine, looking for offers from £100, but as for the ACE itself, can go for £75 on that one (There is some very limited art work pealage), but all machines are fully working and serviced, and will sort some spare bulbs if I can find any lol

http://www.youtube.c...nmarsh14/videos

#10 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

As for the Mariokart machine, that runs on the same hardware as my Simpsons (In the same cab too), but the reason why most get issues with it, is the shite MK1 hardware they are normally fitted with (Some of the PCB's like catching fire even!), along with the normal battery issues you get on any machine MPU, but on Epoch it's especially bad, as it eats two very small tracks under the battery area, and normally spells game over for said board.

Fortunaly my Simpsons is fitted with the much more reliable MK2 hardware (Were applicable), and also the battery on the mainboard has been fly-wired off, so if it should ever leak, it will not trash the board, and you just fit a new battery.

#11 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for your replies. Going to take a look at tetris tonight and will return with some pics of the board. If it doesn't pan out I will deffo come and take a look at your machines ( would prefer to buy from you as I know they have been looked after but with this one being less than a mile away and cheap I cant ignore it)

If I was to get it would you be interested in servicing it, I would cover all costs of course along with a few beers. Totally understand if that's not your sorter thing.

Edited by IHartwell, 07 June 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#12 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

For the location as to where it is to you, worth the £50 punt, though as said earlier, need to pay close attention to the battery on it's mainboard especially, but if it boots fine etc, then it's deffo worth the £50 (Can check / move the battery later if needs be).

Distance wise, I may struggle to get to Birmingham (I don't drive for one thing), though you may find a member closer to you who can help, or alternatively if I can reach you by train, I may take a run down (I sodding hate New Street station with a passion mind you lol).

Bulbs wise, if you need any (Chances are you will), best to contact source leisure on these forums, and see what he can do for you, but generally you pay about £10 per 100 bulbs (Excluding coloured ones, as they cost more)..... just need to know the size of bulbs needed on the machine.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 07 June 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#13 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well if its not to weird I could always come and get you but up to you.

New street has changed quite a bit the past couple of months so you might like it now (but i doubt it)

Stanmarch14, you have been fantastic help, thank you!

#14 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Just been to see it, currently stored amongst other crap so couldnt turn it on.

Looks rather grubby at the moment as stored in a garage however he said he would give it a clean up and have it out tomorrow.

He mostly used on it free to play as the coins sometimes jammed.

Only wants £40 for it so providing it boots up when I see it tomorrow ill buy it, will give me a little project to fix the coin mech and move the battery.

#15 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Well if its not to weird I could always come and get you but up to you.

New street has changed quite a bit the past couple of months so you might like it now (but i doubt it)

Stanmarch14, you have been fantastic help, thank you!

Was over at The Gambling Commission on Wednesday (Victoria Square), and had the misfortune to go through New St.

For one thing, the hell has happened to The Pallasades upstairs? Looks like the gits have been smacking that about too, but yes New Street..... about 4 years back I went through there, never liked the place in all the years I have gone through there, and especially so now they are trying to copy what was done at St Pancrass / Kings Cross with the mini shopping area

Having said that, upon the recommendation of one of the staff at the GC, found a fantastic Real Ale pub, with no less than 15 beers on tap :)

Now asking £40 for it eh? That is pretty much worth it in scrap parts alone, so I think you are on to a good one here :)

#16 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Which pub was it, can only think of tap & spile near Vic sq but only has 5-6.

Old contemptables has loads so might have been that one.

I'm not really into my real ales yet, I'm only 27...

#17 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Which pub was it, can only think of tap & spile near Vic sq but only has 5-6.

Old contemptables has loads so might have been that one.

I'm not really into my real ales yet, I'm only 27...

Pretty sure it was The Wellington (aaamusements will probs remember) http://www.thewellin...eersinstock.php

#18 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Not heard of it, I work in the centre so might have to check it out

#19 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Not heard of it, I work in the centre so might have to check it out

It's getting rebuilt at the mo, so the place is a bit haphazard, but the selection of beers they have is well worth it, and prices are good also :)

#20 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

*If you cant see pics below please let eme know. they are linked to my G+ page but have shared them publicly*

Finally picked it up today, and i think i have picked up a bargain for £40! Only issues were quite a few bulbs gone, wouldnt accept £1 coins and a sticky STOP/COLLECT key, all of which i have fixed (apart from a few bulbs, need a couple of bigger ones and few small ones)

IMAG0240.jpg

When I took it they said they used it for free play as it stopped accepting coins, when I first turned it on it said something about Key Error 44 (and alarmed once i reconnected the speakers). The only way I could get it to stop was to change the percent key (when i got it they were all up the same as no.1 switch) but would then need to pay to play. Looked on internet and couldnt find much so will have to wait for the manual to come that I won on ebay (£3.51, not bad i dont think)

IMAG0238.jpg

Found some goodies in the box when I opened it including 6 spare bulbs (which ive used already but still need more) and another set of roms:

IMAG0242.jpg

Guessing these are for the £15 payout version of which I dont have the cards for (and man it looks like a challenge to change with all those bulbs!)

Took a look at the battery as well, looks pretty good to me! This is probably the only thing that im not going to fiddle with though, dont fancy screwing the board so will be looking for someone to help me do it (hint hint anyone around birmingham)

IMAG0236.jpgIMAG0237.jpg

First job was to fix the coin mech, it seemed to accept 20p's but not 50p or £1. Took it out and opened the flap which the coin runs through and it had a build up of crap, scraped it off and gave it a wipe over and is now working fine.

Considering ive never even looked inside a machine before im quite chuffed that ive managed to fix a sticky button, coin mech and a few bulbs!

Edited by IHartwell, 09 June 2013 - 03:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users