• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

We often get asked by members how they can contribute to the site both financially and also by non-financial contributions. I thought it would therefore be beneficial to put together a list of various way members can contribute to Fruit-Emu:

Become a site supporter

Why not become a site supporter and increase the number of files you can download per day.  Your account will be upgraded the instant your Paypal payment is received.  Your download allowances will be increased and you will also receive one of these shiny badges below on your account so everyone knows that you are a site supporter.  All donations last for a year at which point you can renew or revert back to a standard member.

bronze.gif

£5 makes you a bronze supporter and allows you to download 256Mb/60 files per day

silver.gif

£10 makes you a silver supporter and allows you to download 512Mb/120 files per day

gold.gif

£20 makes you a gold supporter and gives you totally unlimited downloads.

Advertise on Fruit-Emu

Yes we all hate adverts but let's face it they pay for the majority of the running of the site so they're here to stay.  We do however try to make them not too much in your face and we don't use pop-ups or pop-unders.

If you have your own website or you want to use your own affiliate links for another website then you can advertise on Fruit-Emu.  We currently support banner adverts and these are shown on rotation with other currently advertised sites.  Fruit-Emu gets between 10,000 and 20,000 pages views per day so you can be sure your advert will be seen.  If you want more information and to sign-up click here.  Discounts are available for gold supporters and there are various spots on the site where you can choose for your advert to be displayed.

Write a tutorial for the knowledgebase

FME isn't the easiest of things to successfully get up and running and a lot of new people rely on the knowledgebase as their first stop for getting an emulation up and running. Writing meaningful tutorials however is a very time consuming process and probably isn't best done by people who have been using emulations for a long time as we're likely to miss out the things we think are obvious. If you want to write a tutorial then let us know and we'll publish your tutorial in the knowledgebase for all to see.

Upload flyers to the gallery

We have hundreds of high resolution scan of fruit machines flyers in the gallery. However we're always on the lookout for more flyers and we encourage users to scan and upload their own flyers if they're not already in the gallery. You don't need any special permissions and all we ask is that you upload your flyers to the correct category based on the manufacturer of the machine.

Use your Photoshop skills to help others

Whether it's cleaning lines off flyers, looking for the best way to lamp a layout, or even creating some nice looking sideart, Photoshop is an invaluable tool for budding creators. No one is going to be perfect early on, so why not assist in creating a layout and sharing your knowledge with a budding designer. Alternatively you can show everyone different techniques and effects that you use, which can be implemented on later DX layouts.

Upload photos of your own machine

The preferred images for producing a DX layout are either a flyer or glass scans. There are times however where there is no flyer available and in these cases we rely on photos of the machine in question. If you have a machine at home for which you know there is no DX layout available then please takes some high resolution photos and upload them to your own gallery on Fruit-Emu. Do try and remember to keep good light levels, with the machine switched off, as this makes it easier for people to work on the lamps.

Become a Layout Creator

Want to give something back? Then why not become a layout creator yourself? This isn't for the faint hearted and can take up a large amount of your free time. There is a fair bit to learn, but if you persevere and keep motivated, the results will be worth it.

Host your website with us

xeepi_logo_email.png

Fruit-Emu is hosted on it's very own dedicated server as it's a bit too big for a shared hosting account. We have lots of spare webspace and bandwidth which allows us to offer you hosting at a low price. Visit our hosting website at http://www.xeepi.com and signup with the promotional code FRUIT-EMU and you'll get 50% off your hosting for life.

This post has been promoted to an article

xeepi_logo_email.png

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I certainly can recommend duplu's website server, as I run mine through this and I haven't had any problems at all - thanks mate for all your support...

...and come on guys - give a little for such a lot back in return for what you can download, post, and contribute here. :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I pay for the site through my radiated awesomeness. No need to thank me :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#4 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

How come dadsfme snapshots where hosted on x10hosting if fruit emu has additional webspace ? If it's lost or gone for good then maybe people can help contribute to rebuilding it back as it was a really useful website and was neat to see how layouts advanced & improved over time.. Maybe even make it better by attaching the files for download but x10hosting seemed really unreliable as was constantly down ?

#5 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

How come dadsfme snapshots where hosted on x10hosting if fruit emu has additional webspace ?

They probably didn't know we had additional space as we never advertised it before.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

This subject is a great idea duplu and good to see its on the site news. Hopefully it will inject some new life into here, it asks for donations/contributions in various ways like flyers, photos which we all know we desperately need. A few other ideas we could have if there,s space on this site. First as brownbag's mentioned the snapshot sites gone down so I think it would be a good idea to have a section on here like that for every/almost all layouts produces so its easy to see what's done or could be. re-dx'ed I know there,s piccies on the layouts to download but this could be in either alphabetical order or by machine company name I.e jpm, barcrest, bellfruit like the gallery section already is.
Secondly you could have a section for complete sets of workiing roms as a upcoming layout dx'er I,ve looked on cliffs repro and downloaded certain roms but can't get em to run as there's either to many or not enough bits to run em. What do you think guys.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#7 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Duplu, is it possible for you to grant edit privileges to trusted members to add layout shots to existing download threads. This will help especially when there are multiple versions of a layout and people aren't sure which one the thread refers to.

bj

#8 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Duplu, is it possible for you to grant edit privileges to trusted members to add layout shots to existing download threads. This will help especially when there are multiple versions of a layout and people aren't sure which one the thread refers to.

bj

I'll check this out

xeepi_logo_email.png

#9 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

This subject is a great idea duplu and good to see its on the site news. Hopefully it will inject some new life into here, it asks for donations/contributions in various ways like flyers, photos which we all know we desperately need. A few other ideas we could have if there,s space on this site. First as brownbag's mentioned the snapshot sites gone down so I think it would be a good idea to have a section on here like that for every/almost all layouts produces so its easy to see what's done or could be. re-dx'ed I know there,s piccies on the layouts to download but this could be in either alphabetical order or by machine company name I.e jpm, barcrest, bellfruit like the gallery section already is.
Secondly you could have a section for complete sets of workiing roms as a upcoming layout dx'er I,ve looked on cliffs repro and downloaded certain roms but can't get em to run as there's either to many or not enough bits to run em. What do you think guys.

I don't remember the snapshots site so I don't know what you need it to do.  Does whoever run the snapshots site still have the files so I can simply set it back up on the FE server?

xeepi_logo_email.png

#10 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I don't remember the snapshots site so I don't know what you need it to do.  Does whoever run the snapshots site still have the files so I can simply set it back up on the FE server?

The snapshot site was run and maintained by Mort and I believe Geddy was also involved in keeping the dat of files up to date too, when he was around. There is a link from DADs on the left hand side of the front page of the site.

bj

#11 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

That link doesn't work anymore.  I guess it's up to Mort/Geddy to ask for the site to be transferred really.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#12 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

bj

I've checked and I can authorise members to be able to edit downloads including adding images.  Is this something you're interested in doing as it's a huge job?  Some of the current downloads have images but they've been uploaded as thumbnails so clicking on them is pointless.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#13 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've checked and I can authorise members to be able to edit downloads including adding images.  Is this something you're interested in doing as it's a huge job?  Some of the current downloads have images but they've been uploaded as thumbnails so clicking on them is pointless.

I would be interested as an ongoing task. Sure a few others would be as well. It'll never get done if we don't make a start. It is just something to do when I have the odd 5 minutes or so.

Cheers

bj

Edited by barcrest junky, 10 February 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I would be interested as an ongoing task. Sure a few others would be as well. It'll never get done if we don't make a start. It is just something to do when I have the odd 5 minutes or so.

Cheers

bj

Definitely, I've been tempted to ask before to be honest. As with BJ it would be on an 'occasional' basis, but if I was bored with a few hours to spare I'd gladly plug away at it!

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#15 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Good luck guy's, I did a few and it took zonks :(

#16 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Good luck guy's, I did a few and it took zonks :(

Lightweight :)

bj

• ady likes this

#17 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I would be able to help

#18 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

so people,s doing the screenshots of downloads that ain't got no screenshots older ones to complete the listings as most new ones have screenies it shouldn't take that many weeks if there's a few of you,s doing it

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#19 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

OK, that's three volunteers for screenshots.  I'll update your accounts and let you know what to do.

Thanks

xeepi_logo_email.png

#20 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Duplu edit my account and i'll make a start on doing some in the next hour why i have some spare time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users