45 replies to this topic

#41 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Ahh... so I assume BGT weren't a British firm then? I always assumed they were, since the logo featured a Union Jack. I saw the above schematics were in Spanish and just assumed that a UK company had bought in some Spanish hardware.

As for them not figuring out the method behind the fraud - surely they'd have been able to get footage / feedback from arcade owners? When I worked in the arcade we had videos (CCTV) circulated of some frauds. Failing that, they should have been able to backtrack and find out what was happening. Oh well!

Edited by Bencrest, 09 December 2012 - 11:50 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#42 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

there's a way to clear the ram without opening any doors on the bgt stuff, could that be the way they were being emptied?

#43 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Ahh... so I assume BGT weren't a British firm then? I always assumed they were, since the logo featured a Union Jack. I saw the above schematics were in Spanish and just assumed that a UK company had bought in some Spanish hardware.

As for them not figuring out the method behind the fraud - surely they'd have been able to get footage / feedback from arcade owners? When I worked in the arcade we had videos (CCTV) circulated of some frauds. Failing that, they should have been able to backtrack and find out what was happening. Oh well!

BGT was Cirsa's (a big Spanish company) foray into the UK market.  Some of their early stuff was very good; DIng Dong Bells and Max-a-million (which the Gaming Board pulled them up on because it used to guarantee wins greater than the jackpot) were highly successful.  Then they ran out of ideas and off they went.  I don't know what the fraud issues were exactly but they were never in a position to react quickly, which was a huge problem for them.

Edited by stevedude2, 09 December 2012 - 09:04 PM.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#44 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

there's a way to clear the ram without opening any doors on the bgt stuff, could that be the way they were being emptied?

Holding buttons down on power-up?  That certainly wouldn't have helped...

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#45 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

No as been covered not british, but spanish.

It didnt affect the ding dong bells etc just the mini pub type ones on the stand. Back in the day ( about 1994 - 1995 ) there was a lot less CCTV in the pubs etc but it wouldnt have really mattered anyway as they were looking in the wrong place  ;) all they saw was me playing it normally.

After a couple of months they had no choice but to bail.

I doubt it was a software issue as it affected ALL games, more like a hardware problem, but either way they NEVER found it.

Theres loads more to it but this isnt the place to discuss emptiers, no matter how old they are!

Was nothing to do with that either.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#46 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

go on then, what was it?  like you say thew company has long gone.

as far as i remember you just did a simple force for the jackpot, holding nothing or nudging away number. then it went eppy and gave you more nudges than a carry on film!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users