33 replies to this topic

#1 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

I am in the process in finding the orginal authours for the layouts so they can be matched up so people cannot moan

and any re released resizes are being credited to the original authors as well as this is the fair way

and like I said in the other thread please don't use any picture hosting for the screen shots as when they run out it makes things messy

these changes will make it easyier so we can see what peoples work is

#2 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

Is this ALL layouts? That will be a neigh on impossible task as you would have to trudge through other forums and some of them are shut or missing bits. I tried to do this when the scene was about three years old as I was going to add this data to the dats but gave up as it was far too difficult... Good luck...

Edited by Geddy, 18 August 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

As geddy says a very challenging job, i find it difficult obtaining the original author. Take my last layout terminator it was made by bugs n t trouty but was submitted by bencrest / duplu.
Also what do you mean by crediting the original author of any re-released re-sized layouts does that mean you're changing the name ofvthe person submitting the layout, like say my eliminator layout for example I used ploggys background artwork but relit it does this mean my name will be changed to ploggys for instance, or most of my layouts I use another layout for lamping positions will my name be erased from them too, please give more details of your intentions on this subject.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#4 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

just from this forum

#5 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

IMO doing it just from this forum is pointless.  You are going to miss out on 100s of layouts and a vast majority of the scene's early work.  However good luck..... I still think it is going to be far too difficult. :)

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

So what's going to happen to my layouts on this forum fruit-emu. Please give details of any changes so o know what to expect, give a example.

#7 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

As geddy says a very challenging job, i find it difficult obtaining the original author. Take my last layout terminator it was made by bugs n t trouty but was submitted by bencrest / duplu.
Also what do you mean by crediting the original author of any re-released re-sized layouts does that mean you're changing the name ofvthe person submitting the layout, like say my eliminator layout for example I used ploggys background artwork but relit it does this mean my name will be changed to ploggys for instance, or most of my layouts I use another layout for lamping positions will my name be erased from them too, please give more details of your intentions on this subject.

no as your lastest work  was you own work vecs using a classic as a base not matter

how I doing it is if its a resize it should be in the name of the original author as theres no work being done on it 

and if a layout gets uploaded from another site by a member here it needs to have the orginal author not the person who has uploaded it if you catch my drift so everything can be 100% stop on if I can

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Sp basically none of my work will be affected! As I do all my own work regarding photoshop etc contrary to belief. Will this affect Amber layouts that have been converted so if a layout has been submitted by say todd1970 for example and the creator was me will the submitters names be changed etc. And In the past I've used background off images from a previously released layout of which I've relit and new sideart is this still Ok will they be affected. Maybe a mod can clarify the changes made in,simpleton terms for thicko,s like me lol.

#9 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

nope as they haven't been done yet and wont be till the new version is complete as the settings will be different

and plus I need to do a batch of screenies for the ones what arnt in the downloads

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Ok I see the ones I submitted by fruitworkz have been amended about time as I could never get as good as him about. Wasn't it. Again if you need help identifying creators drop us a pm with a list, and I'll route about

#11 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

no as your lastest work  was you own work vecs using a classic as a base not matter

how I doing it is if its a resize it should be in the name of the original author as theres no work being done on it 

and if a layout gets uploaded from another site by a member here it needs to have the orginal author not the person who has uploaded it if you catch my drift so everything can be 100% stop on if I can

Please do not touch any of my layouts,DO NOT ALTER ANY OF THEM APART FROM ADDING SCREEN SHOTS.Alot of mine are 1024 resizes but i have done all the work myself including cleaning lamping and redrawing were needed.Just because you use a 1024 or 1280 dx for lamping positions doesn't mean it's just been resized and then released again.I think you need to do a bit more research before messing with peoples work.

#12 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Please do not touch any of my layouts,DO NOT ALTER ANY OF THEM APART FROM ADDING SCREEN SHOTS.Alot of mine are 1024 resizes but i have done all the work myself including cleaning lamping and redrawing were needed.Just because you use a 1024 or 1280 dx for lamping positions doesn't mean it's just been resized and then released again.I think you need to do a bit more research before messing with peoples work.

I was only fixing the out of date screen shots don't worry

#13 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

....can of worms for sure.    

Can't there be a simple upload form that people complete if they upload anything?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#14 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

I'm glad I'm not a layout creator as I can see this going tits up, if it's not done carefully and sympathetically.

I'll have my brolly ready, for when the brown stuff hits the fan  :wideeyed:

#15 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

There is fuzion when you upload layouts. I think what banditboy is trying to do is where the layouts say submitted by duplu for instance as an example it could be created by say bugs n trouty so there's confusion as to Actually made the layout as it was uploaded by a second party, as in bar deluxe was submitted by banditboy2006 but it was actually Dads layout so there needs to be an extra bit within the layout credits on the right as to whom the creator was/is. Or maybe banditboy could leave all existing layouts as is but write a review if the submitters different to the creator. Something like submitted by Vectra666 created by Fruitworkz, or if there's a 1280 aswell as a 1024wdx. Mention that within the review section, I normal state where I've used bits from and thank creators including originals name if available. It will be hard to find out if a layouts resized either smaller or bigger because 99% of layouts on here are made from scratch. Whatever he's doing is very hard and time consuming but be careful not to tread on anyone's toes and alter layouts maybe speak to the person's involved first to avoid friction which this topic may become. Goodluck Bb06

#16 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

as all I was to make sure every layout had a screen shot

any broken zips new ones was added

any untagged layouts was put back with there correct authors

#17 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Yep there's no problem with doing that,but if say vectra had made a layout but used my 180 for the base,you can't just change the author to me because my 1280 was used as a base,as vectra has still created the 1024.

#18 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

yeah I know that don't worry

#19 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Confusing to say the least. Is this an officially sanctioned move? I really really hope NO layout is altered at all as I've spent 12 years cataloguing layouts and I really don't want to redo all that hard work.

If you are interested I have snap shots of all the layouts.

#20 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

I have done around 30 at the moment I will check what I have got and will post back in the morning

and at least another 60 to do

Edited by banditboy2006, 18 August 2014 - 07:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users