banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

I have been having a few pieces of sent mail to the dwp going missing

I have 2 medicals forms go awol after I send them

a p.i.p paperwork due to them not receiving it and it getting disallowed in the process its it never arrived had to send a copy in with a cover letter saying it got lost in the post and I had to get that on recorded delivery so that's 3 months gone

and this week a budginting loan disappearing out of royal mails hands as that's never got there either

so I had to send another one recorded delivery as I got told to

is there any way I can put a complaint in to see whats going off as this is getting beyond a joke now as random pieces of mail shouldn't go walk about and from now on I am sending everything recorded to cover my own back

and ady might know what to do

#2 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

and a few letters about resetting my online banking info hasn't turned I am on the 4 attempt now as the first 3 trys haven't turned up either even when they have sent them there selfs

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

All I can suggest is call *Customer Services on 08457 740 740 and explain it, you can also email a complaint like this via royalmail.com.

If you know where your local delivery office is mabey ask to speak to the manager.

I have to say it is very odd BB that you have had so many 'mistakes'.

*As I have said before, the Customer Services are NOT part of Royal Mail (unlike a lot of companies CS agents) and I therefore can assure you that they are totally unbiased in any problems.

--------------------------------------

It appears this all happened in a short space of time as 3 weeks ago you had no problems as i'm sure you would have posted it then...all you added was:-

http://www.fruit-emu...e-3#entry271912

Are you sure you arn't just bored and making stuff up as does the Mail Online so-as to create a story?

#4 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

nope as I send one thing to the dwp a month ago and it aint turned up

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

I have been having a few pieces of sent mail to the dwp going missing

I have 2 medicals forms go awol after I send them

a p.i.p paperwork due to them not receiving it and it getting disallowed in the process its it never arrived had to send a copy in with a cover letter saying it got lost in the post and I had to get that on recorded delivery so that's 3 months gone

and this week a budginting loan disappearing out of royal mails hands as that's never got there either

so I had to send another one recorded delivery as I got told to

is there any way I can put a complaint in to see whats going off as this is getting beyond a joke now as random pieces of mail shouldn't go walk about and from now on I am sending everything recorded to cover my own back

nope as I send one thing to the dwp a month ago and it aint turned up

So is it lot's of things or a single item?

Again here you didn't mention it.....

http://www.fruit-emu...838-royal-mail/

Why blame RM for 1 issue, mabey you should be pointing the finger at the DWP?

#6 bobthebuilder21

bobthebuilder21

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

theres a shocker we are having loads of first class items going missing at the moment and only yesterday postmen gave us two parcel for a company thats in the  next street

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

theres a shocker we are having loads of first class items going missing at the moment and only yesterday postmen gave us two parcel for a company thats in the  next street

Again I think you are just 'Anti Royal-Mail' as BB appears to be.

Your last post was on the thread about RM I created a few weeks back and now this?

Strange!

#8 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

I believe it's down the mail center where the mail is delivered to at the DWP I have had loads of stuff go missing over the years so always send it recorded delivery now. Just that little bit of extra piece of mind.

Also they are way behind with opening the mail and sending it to the right departments so it can take a while before they get it in there hands to read.
What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#9 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Here is something that might help all you disbelievers  of the Royal Fail or even ParcelFarce.

Stick this sign in your window and your all your problems should disappear.

Attached Files

#10 bobthebuilder21

bobthebuilder21

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Again I think you are just 'Anti Royal-Mail' as BB appears to be.

Your last post was on the thread about RM I created a few weeks back and now this?

Strange!

i dealt with royal mail as a business customer for the last 10 years so  i know a few things or 2 and thats why i comment

don't know where you get I am anti royal mail from lol, if there was any good points I would say so.

#11 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

I had 2 online shops about 7 years ago, selling kitchen fixtures and fittings...

The amount of items that were never delivered or turned up damaged to customers over a 5 year period was unbelievable, that is why i started using private couriers for parcels.

The ironic thing is when you make a claim, they try to fob you off with a pittance and a fraction of the sale value of the item... Not me, i fought and argued and eventually got a direct contact within the mail service to contact. They eventually refunded me the "actual" value of items, yes the full selling price along with the cost of the postage. Most of these items due to size and weight were sent using the standard parcel service (due to the high costs), which had no signature at destination.

I am not anti Royal Mail either, most of the time they process and deliver letters ok, but pretty much else they are useless at and seem to charge a fortune for the pleasure.

#12 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

I've recently sent off a ipad to cex (return) but i am glad i took photos of it going in the box (with serial number in view) as when it arrived on next day delivery it was completely smashed and i'm waiting for a £450 payout from royal mail which is due to arrive with in the next few days.

On topic - I've brought just short of 300 things off ebay this year, 15 or so never turned up because of "missing" after the 14 day period.

but can't really complain as they have delivered my mail for the last 20 years.

#13 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

I've recently sent off a ipad to cex (return) but i am glad i took photos of it going in the box (with serial number in view) as when it arrived on next day delivery it was completely smashed and i'm waiting for a £450 payout from royal mail which is due to arrive with in the next few days.

On topic - I've brought just short of 300 things off ebay this year, 15 or so never turned up because of "missing" after the 14 day period.

but can't really complain as they have delivered my mail for the last 20 years.

How are you being compensated?..........what's to say you hadn't smashed it and are trying to get cash for that reason?.

Did you take Pic's prior to packing?, and was it packaged sufficiently?

Also, you say next day, do you mean Special Delivery?

#14 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

How are you being compensated?..........what's to say you hadn't smashed it and are trying to get cash for that reason?.

Did you take Pic's prior to packing?, and was it packaged sufficiently?

Also, you say next day, do you mean Special Delivery?

These sound like typical RM questions, similar to what i have been asked in the past....

How do we know this, how do we know that etc etc ??

I had a mobile phone go missing around 7 years ago. No it didn't work, yes it was being sent to a company for repair (via my free bank account insurance), but unfortunately the Royal Mail lost it (it never arrived at destination).... I can only try to remember if it was special delivery or 1st class recorded, i am not 100% sure....

Anyway, i had the 3rd degree from the RM when i filled out the compensation claim, having to prove that i was the original owner of the phone, blah blah blah, was my return address on the parcel??

I wrote a letter telling them i didn't have to prove anything whatsoever, i had a phone, now i don't, i had the receipt with tracking number showing the address of the company who was repairing the phone. I told them if the post office had done their job, they would have made sure a return/sender address was on the parcel so there should be no problem there.

At first they tried compensating me for the cost of posting the item only, in stamps.... Obviously this was not acceptable, next they tried to make me a pitiful offer for a "damaged / not working phone", this was not acceptable, after more arguing, they finally paid me out £185 by postal order as a "goodwill" gesture (again, i am going back a while, may have been cheque).... I guess they realised they didn't have a leg to stand on.

Most of my shop items (mentioned in another thread) were sent Standard Parcel due to the weight. When any of these went adrift, again, they tried compensating only for the postage cost, saying without a signature they could never prove the recipient had receives the parcel or not. Unacceptable, they provide a service and i had a proof of posting to the said address, not my fault....I got paid out the value of the items i sold PLUS the postage cost for each item....After a while i had a direct contact who i sent the missing item claims to.. I was always paid for them..

Only a couple of times did i have damaged items, and as you say i was asked if the items were packaged correctly and in accordance with the guidelines... My response was of course, if not the postmaster in the post office would have pointed this out and refused my parcel and refused my payment. This they never did....

I guess the RM cannot question whether a claimant is making a genuine claim or not by asking "what's to say you hadn't smashed it and are trying to get cash for that reason?" I am pretty sure this could result in some sort of legal action..

Edited by fevernova, 04 August 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#15 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Also at the post office now, i find it intrusive where they ask "what is in the parcel?"

All i reply is that it is none of the prohibited items shown at the counter or on the website. That is all they need to know..

#16 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

As i've said before, i can't fault RM. I had ordered a cheap £20 Nokia phone off E-bay a couple of weeks back to keep myself going until i can afford a better one. I didn't receive it. Did i once think that RM had lost it? Did i hell, i knew that the chav of the seller hadn't even sent it, and i'm still waiting for me £20 back even tho the case is still open. :SLEEP:

The chav is saying that she's having problems with her PayPal?? That excuse has gone on for many days now. Anyway, i can escalate the case tomorz. I just can't wait to leave my feedback...

BTW.. She had even admitted after i'd questioned her by phone, that she'd never even sent it :mad: RM could of be blamed for this......... :err: and even tho i have phoned her, there's still no refund forthcoming... :arghh: Roll on tomorrow... ;)

#17 bobthebuilder21

bobthebuilder21

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

ebay might refund you out of there own pocket

#18 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

ebay might refund you out of there own pocket

I agree.

Don't get strung along too long or your window for 'eBay Buyer Protection' will close. If I were you I'd raise a dispute through eBay ASAP, especially if you have proof of them having not sent it, and eBay should find in your favour, refund you, and send a debt collection letter to the seller.

Not nice I know, but quite often starting claims like that is the only way to get things done, and sellers are getting quite savvy at stringing buyers along until the dispute window closes (used to be 30 days, might now be 45 days?).

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#19 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

These sound like typical RM questions, similar to what i have been asked in the past....

How do we know this, how do we know that etc etc ??

I had a mobile phone go missing around 7 years ago. No it didn't work, yes it was being sent to a company for repair (via my free bank account insurance), but unfortunately the Royal Mail lost it (it never arrived at destination).... I can only try to remember if it was special delivery or 1st class recorded, i am not 100% sure....

Anyway, i had the 3rd degree from the RM when i filled out the compensation claim, having to prove that i was the original owner of the phone, blah blah blah, was my return address on the parcel??

I wrote a letter telling them i didn't have to prove anything whatsoever, i had a phone, now i don't, i had the receipt with tracking number showing the address of the company who was repairing the phone. I told them if the post office had done their job, they would have made sure a return/sender address was on the parcel so there should be no problem there.

At first they tried compensating me for the cost of posting the item only, in stamps.... Obviously this was not acceptable, next they tried to make me a pitiful offer for a "damaged / not working phone", this was not acceptable, after more arguing, they finally paid me out £185 by postal order as a "goodwill" gesture (again, i am going back a while, may have been cheque).... I guess they realised they didn't have a leg to stand on.

Most of my shop items (mentioned in another thread) were sent Standard Parcel due to the weight. When any of these went adrift, again, they tried compensating only for the postage cost, saying without a signature they could never prove the recipient had receives the parcel or not. Unacceptable, they provide a service and i had a proof of posting to the said address, not my fault....I got paid out the value of the items i sold PLUS the postage cost for each item....After a while i had a direct contact who i sent the missing item claims to.. I was always paid for them..

Only a couple of times did i have damaged items, and as you say i was asked if the items were packaged correctly and in accordance with the guidelines... My response was of course, if not the postmaster in the post office would have pointed this out and refused my parcel and refused my payment. This they never did....

I guess the RM cannot question whether a claimant is making a genuine claim or not by asking "what's to say you hadn't smashed it and are trying to get cash for that reason?" I am pretty sure this could result in some sort of legal action..

In all fairness my replies were to Pies post as that not topical to your reply bud.

In reply to you, I think you'll see the sender is the owner.

Please don't treat this as an argument (that's NOT my intention), I'm just here to help resolve some issues if I can help.

#20 bobthebuilder21

bobthebuilder21

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

you get 45 days to open a case and after cases been open 8 days you can escalate to customer supportand don't worry about it ady

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users