• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:53 PM

I am still at school but i am going to collage.
Can someone tell me what qualifications i need to become a fruitmachine technision engineer?
Thanks
Fruitymad2003

#2 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 06:45 PM

You need to be looking towards the electronics market for a start but the service industry is ever changing. I'm in the alarm and cctv game as a technician and 10 years ago, the repairs I carried out went right down to component level. Replacing resistors, pots, relays, chips ect.. by hand. The solder and bits box was out on a daily basis. In the same industry today, with the prices of electronic equipment ever decreasing, plus the advent of surface mounted technology and mass production, it's now no longer economically viable to fix faults. In otherwords, It's cheaper to bin the faulty part and fit either a replacement board or fit a brand new unit altogether.

I reckon in a few years time, even fruit machines will have common parts that when they become faulty, you just unplug the problem part and slap in a new one in seconds. Actually, it's like that now. Just a master PCB with sockets for all the other bits to connect to. All you need to be is electrically competent and an easy learner.

Compost

#3 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 06:48 PM

Im an easy learner not so sure about electrics though! Thanks anyways

#4 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip