6 replies to this topic

#1 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 09:41 PM

Over the past month a couple of people have approached me asking for help/tips in creating DXs. So this is what I plan to do..

I'll do a DX and write a guide alongside it as to what I'm doing step by step, at certain points throught I'll send my partially completed DX and the guide so far to three members who have agreed to help. So they can see if what I am saying makes sense.

Hopefully at the end of it, we will have a guide so anyone who wants to try one can. I'm so not a manual person, I learn by trial and error and from my mistakes so writing a guide seems daunting, even more than the DX tbh, but we'll see.

Thanks to Bugs once again who is knocking up a classic for the £6 roms for me, and to my 3 lab rats who probably don't know what they've let themselves in for.

Pook

Attached Files

#2 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 09:47 PM

check this link http://fruitzone.mys...guides/help.htm they have some pretty good guides. these are the ones i followed when i made my first layout.

#3 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 10:02 PM

Will it be an installment job...a thread..or a downloadable file?

:twisted:
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:01 PM

Will it be an installment job...a thread..or a downloadable file?

:twisted:

I'll do it in a viewable offline webpage.

Pook

#5 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:24 PM

Will it be a bit more in depth than andys 10 min dx thread??

Ie lighting tips for whatever paint package u use or will this be disclosing
to much??? :twisted:
Or will it cover the basics only??
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:48 PM

Will it be a bit more in depth than andys 10 min dx thread??

Ie lighting tips for whatever paint package u use or will this be disclosing
to much??? :twisted:
Or will it cover the basics only??

Since I've already done all the artwork preparation, this guide will be from the classic stage and converting it into a DX, lamping, reels etc. If it goes down well and people can understand what I mean then I might do another on artwork preparation which for me is the main bulk of what makes a good DX.

As for giving away too much, that's impossible. I not one to keep all my little tricks to myself so nobody else can use them. I learnt by picking up tips from lots of other people, and am happy to share all I know or have learnt over the last couple of years.

Pook

#7 Scmooster

Scmooster

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 07:01 AM

Pook this is a fantastic idea. I've looked at the guides that are available up to now and they're all well and good in their own right, but none tell you exactly how to take some Roms and go from that to a working DX. Some of the key stages are outlined, but nothing brings them together in any useable format, infact, I can't find anything to do with reels and their animation at all. Some are really smooth and life-like, others are a bit square and flat and don't so much spin as simply 'rotate' the image. I'd like to know how to make perfect reels for example so I for one am really looking forward to this mate, and putting it into practice, nice one! :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users