help changing settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bj7864

bj7864

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 08:26 PM

i bought a fruit machine called carry on clubbing a few months ago and cannot figure out how to change any settings. e.g it is set to £250 jackpot instead of £100 and it never ever ever pays anything out so i think the % has been altered. if any1 has any suggestions i would appreciate it.

cheers

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 08:52 PM

Carry on Clubbing? Is that the weird Global MPU4 machine with the 2 or 4 seperate boards? Man that machine was evil lol, so unless youve literally put about £200 in and not had a penny out then its playing about right.

AFAIK Its an MPU4 machine, in which case, you will be needing to change some DipSwitches. I know how to do this on MPU5, but not MPU4...I would expect that on the board itself theres a label showing a Stakes/Prizes row of 8 dipswitches. What you will want to do [unless anyone else knows the settings we are looking for]...is use the same technique I did for my MPU5 machine.

If you know which DipSwitches are for the Stake and Prize selection, make a note [or a sketch] of their current position. Then, with the power on and the back door [I'll assume it's a back door machine] open, knock the dipswitches about, and keep an eye on the display. If its a selection it can't accept, you will get, as an example, Invalid JPOT Key or something along those lines. Basically its going to be trial and error, unless someone else on the boards knows how to change them, OR...and this might work, the DipSwitch settings from one of the MPU4 machines on the emulator match, i.e Andys Big Time.

I also think that you will need a Percentage Key to change the %payout. This will normally be a little RED block on the MPU4, with 4 little white DipSwitches on. Same as the Stake & Prize switches, flick these about with the back door open, and look at the display, should be something like 'COC1 .98' where the .98 would be 98%. I would recommend at least 84% for a reasonable game, I have been known to put mine onto 98% when I want to recycle money all day...
BE WARNED...If you put a machine on 98% and it manages to reach this, if you think you can turn it down to say 70% and have it play well, you have no chance...Mine didnt offer a board for £17 after I did that, and its only a £15 JP :)

Best of luck with the machine, let us know how you are getting on!
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 bj7864

bj7864

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:48 PM

u r a star. i have managed to change payout % but i played about with the swithes for ages and could not change the stake but i can probably live with that for now. i also changed the volume which was starting to annoy me cos every time i lost on hi lo it sounded like an 18 wheeler coming through the house, so thanks for your help

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:13 PM

No probs mate, glad it worked! I'll have a dig around and see if I can find some dipswitch settings and things for different stakes and prizes for you.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users