- - - - -

*** Cashrolls WDX 1280 ***

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:44 PM

Cashrolls WDX now available at DADsFME Forums :)

http://dadsfme.golde...php?topic=287.0

DAD

Posted Image Temporally on Fruit-Emu

Attached Files

#2 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

Nice one DAD , Haven't actually seen this one before ...

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:54 PM

Another great oldie from my youth!!.... :D

Especially like the coins on here DAD, they scans of real ones?. If they are I tried that before but never got a result as close as that.

Thanks again!

Get over there people!

#4 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:26 AM

ahh brings back memories for me too i always used to play the clone big banker version. class machine cheers DAD.

Andy
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#5 badboy0

badboy0

Banned

• Banned
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:41 AM

DAD,how long before your site is up and running again????,just clicked on link and it says something about changing servers............... :)

#6 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:36 AM

I get "Table 'dadsfme_forum.smf_settings' doesn't exist"

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:03 AM

Ok guys, there appears to be a fault on DAD's right now, so hold tight, & I will try to get this file hosted from an alternative source

#8 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:12 AM

Sorry - The database seems to be buggered. For whatever the reason all files over 500k are disappearing. Whenever I try and upload a file over this size its deleted straight away. At first I thought it might be the server, so I tried it on a new server, but the same thing happens - even with older backups.

This may well be a SMF software fault, and if it is then DADsFME Forums as you know them are screwed completely. :( I'll keep at it though.

Aplologies for the inconvienience.

For those who wanted the cashrolls WDX layout, I've attached it here.

DAD

Attached Files

#9 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:18 PM

Anyone remember the humming sound of the reels with machines of this era, only thing thats missing.

Andy
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#10 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

DAD to benefit the FME fans I have temporally uploaded to Fruit-Emu for easier access.

If you would like this removed when your forums are running again give the wink......

Be a shame for the thread to sink away and this getting missed.

#11 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

Nope thats fine, I have no objection at all. If you like you can 'up' lucky 2s WDX too if you like. :)

This bloody file problem has me stumped completely. Seems though I'm not the only one with this problem after reading up about it. No-one had provided me with a fix as yet but I'm working on it. Suppose thats what you get with using 'free' software lol

DAD

#12 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

Another great oldie from my youth!!.... :D

Especially like the coins on here DAD, they scans of real ones?. If they are I tried that before but never got a result as close as that.

Thanks again!

Get over there people!

Lol sorry for not relying to your question Adydb, been a bit pre-occupied ;)

The coins were googled (images) then imported into photoshop, cut, rotated, darkened, resized then omnied in the ususal way. I was a bit worried about doing this as they look bugger all like the lamps on the photo's, but I'm pleased you like the result.

I could have spent far longer on the main backdrop, but I decided to leave it rough looking as if you were playing the real machine. That, I think is the whole point of photo DX's. If I'd have carried on I might as well have called it a redraw.

I'm longing for the simplicity of doing a flyer though :D

DAD

#13 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

Anyone remember the humming sound of the reels with machines of this era, only thing thats missing.

Andy

Remember them well. I think it was because the reels span so quickly. Technology of old eh? What a cracker DAD. Now who has the Big Banker ROMS? First machine I ever played.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#14 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:20 PM

The coins were googled (images) then imported into photoshop, cut, rotated, darkened, resized then omnied in the ususal way. I was a bit worried about doing this as they look bugger all like the lamps on the photo's, but I'm pleased you like the result.
DAD

In my opinion theres having to clone bits...but to be honest (and havent looked yet) without going to design mode and moving them to look at the original art they look far from out-of-place!

Re Lucky 2's.....I do have that on my rather messy HardDrive due to adding images to the Downloads I cannot locate it at the moment.

I did notice though that DAD's forums are up and running again , I thought i'd re-download it to add to the 'I-know-where-they-are-file' but the Lucky 2's Zip has been removed?........thought this may be an answer to the going down, but it appears to be the only One missing?.......DAD Alth?

#15 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

Remember them well. I think it was because the reels span so quickly. Technology of old eh? What a cracker DAD. Now who has the Big Banker ROMS? First machine I ever played.

yeah they did spin quite quickly.

press start whrrrrrrr pk pk pk lol.

is there any difference between cashroll roms and bb roms because this plays exactly how i remember it.
anyway of making this 10p play and higher jp suppose new roms would be needed.

Andy

#16 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:24 PM

The two machines were very similar....and weren't there another couple of clones? (Bank Rolls springs to mind...Yellow lettering?). I think only a couple of sounds were different although the mind is ageing and I was very young then....lol

Still, gotta love that skill chance I remember from Big Banker.....an apple with the word mystery written on it, middle row. Funny what the brain remembers :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#17 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:46 PM

The two machines were very similar....and weren't there another couple of clones? (Bank Rolls springs to mind...Yellow lettering?). I think only a couple of sounds were different although the mind is ageing and I was very young then....lol

Still, gotta love that skill chance I remember from Big Banker.....an apple with the word mystery written on it, middle row. Funny what the brain remembers :)

Yeah. There was Cashrolls, Cashvault and Big Banker. All the same machine with slight differences.

When Pete gets his classic done of Bigbanker, I can get on with doing a DX for it.

He is a bit tied up at the moment with doing the repository work and what have you.

Attached Files

#18 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

will it be the £4 version though?

Andy

#19 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

I did notice though that DAD's forums are up and running again , I thought i'd re-download it to add to the 'I-know-where-they-are-file' but the Lucky 2's Zip has been removed?........thought this may be an answer to the going down, but it appears to be the only One missing?.......DAD Alth?

Lucky 2's WDX is back up at DADsFME, but just in case it does the vanishing act again I've included it here too:)

p.s. I wish I'd seen that flyer of Big Banker before I'd done Cashrolls. It would have helped a lot even though its probably sitting right here on my HD lol

I should look more often.

DAD

Attached Files

#20 smudge22

smudge22

• New Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:35 PM

Thank you very much for doind this layout - you've done a great job.

I've been hankering after Bigbanker or a clone for ages.

Just one thing, because of my graphics card, the reels are very dark when not lit. Is there any way that I can set the off image to be lighter so that I can see the symbols when the reel lamps are not lit?

Thanks very much.

Smudge22

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users