• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:37 PM

Hi I did a rather regretful thing to my Rio Cabinet, Rainbow Riches. I tried uploading a bpak called win big shindig to my Rio as I had no reason for it to be a T7 game. I got an error then machine would no longer boot up. I just kept getting two black screens after tapping "press ok to exit the program". So I re-imaged the hard drive with AOMEI using Nialquins image for (Rainbow Riches) I told him my exec 2.0 and pc Mk5 after making a back up of it, but unfortunately I only backed my original image up after I installed the game that caused the problem.

After restoring Spa's and Nialquin's image on the hard drive inside the Machine's PC, all the machine will do is 'Blue Screen' I have not been able to get it to run since. I have attached screen images of what happened when the error occurred, right up to what it is displaying now. I'm gutted as the cabinet is in amazing condition. I have a T7 now, but I was thinking if I could get it going again, I would apart from any listing costs and £25.00 the cost of the permit from the gambling commission I have paid for, sell the machine on Ebay. I would then donate the rest of what ever it makes to this site. This is to say thanks for all the great games from the layout creators and everyone involved here on Fruit Emu

I don't need two B3's am happy with my T7 which through DI Fruits is fine and I thank everyone who offered their friendly advice and help, and helped me get a backup drive for it.

So I am hopeful to see it working again if possible before it goes, given the amount of time I have spent with

taking the pc in, pc out again has been challenging to say the least.  The hard drive will run and open on the ide to usb 2.0 and opens ok in windows explorer.  I am using win 8.1.  I hate windows 10.  I have tried all the options by using F8, just won't work.  Keeps blue screen.[attachment=30268:IMG_20190411_201930753.jpg][attachment=30265:IMG_20190625_040713384.jpg][attachment=30269:IMG_20190629_213009482.jpg]

I am at a loss now, don't know what is wrong with it.

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#2 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:55 PM

The reason it is bluescreening is because even at the point Barcrest were making the Rio (which is a long time ago now), they were locking each image to a specific hasp, and each image to a specific hard drive. It is blue screening because the image you have from Nialquinn was stored on a different type of hard drive to the one that is in your machine.

You can use Hirens boot CD to get the machine past the bluescreen, and since the Rio does not have Stage verification, this will fix the problem.

The same approach would not work on a T7, although there is a way to get past bluescreen and still pass stage verification.

#3 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:36 AM

Hiren!   There's a blast from the past, not used that for years!!!  Good bootable set of tools.

NQ.

#4 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:53 PM

Me too !!!!

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#5 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

I don't know anything about hiren's boot cd, what do I do, how do I get it to work please?

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users