Photo
- - - - -

FME Chat, should it stay, or should it go?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Should FME Chat Stay? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Should FME Chat Stay?

1. Yes (12 votes [70.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Not Bothered (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Wozza

Wozza

Advanced Member

• Gold Supporters
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 07:58 PM

To date, FME Chat has not been used much, its there for you!

So please vote and put your thoughts on this topic here.

Wozza
Wozza

#2 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 08:07 PM

Even though i am a moderater. when i wasnt a moderater the chatrooms was good for me for quick fixes. now i am a moderater i have helped loads of people with problems. i personally think it is a great idea for the chatroom. the only thing i have noticed is you get people in the chatroom you say hello to them and you wait half an hour for a reply of somesort but then connection times out or they leave the room as soon as they have entered it. which can be annoying.
but i think the chatroom should stay
fruitymad

#3 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:40 PM

KEEP IT.
I have spoken to a few of you guys in the chatroom and each time you have answered my questions without hesitation and to me thats what this chatroom is all about.
Yet each and everytime i log in its either the site creator or the moderators that are online waiting for our questions and there is no one else logged in.
WHY NOT?. come on you guys every member out there should look in and tell us all about your stories of the time you put 20p in and won the lot or spent £20 and could'nt get on the board!.

Theres alot of us out there who love this site so lets support it.

#4 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:47 PM

Idea good...Practise confusing...shows empty..log in..loadsa ppl showing (u think) til u check the time of the comments...new users find it confusing and end up talking to themselves.....probably for several hours :?
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 teebone

teebone

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 10:01 PM

Without a doubt, KEEP IT. The chat room has been very handy for me as well as hundreds of other people i'm sure, to help sort them problems out for us not so Technical ones!!!
I have to agree with fruitymad 2003 though that the time waiting for an answer can be quite annoying as you think nobody is on-line or at their p.c.
But a definate YES to keeping the chat room as well as this superb site up and running. Well done to all those involved. Dave.

#6 Kipper

Kipper

• New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:58 AM

Chatroom must stay,
Although I have obnly used this once for assistance with roms and machineplay, it is a very useful tool for the board.

#7 Jez_Shaw

Jez_Shaw

• New Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:50 AM

I think the chat room is a good idea, and pretty useful. I have used it only once, but got some useful advice from fruitymad 2003. Also found him very friendly. The fact that it does not get used very often begs the question whether the benefits outweigh the cost and time spent to maintain it. I am on line most lunchtimes midweek, and very rarely find anyone in the chat room. I personally have never had any problems getting in there. If it was my choice then I would keep it, but then I don't have to look after it

Jez Shaw

#8 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 08:17 AM

Keep it.

Even though i log in late at night and no one is there to talk to its still a valuable resource for those people that need an instant response.

The forums are good but you cant beat a real-time chat with other people expecially when you need a quick answer..........
N/A

#9 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 02:26 PM

Thanks Jez shaw :D

#10 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 05:09 PM

http://www.fruit-emu...aadfcc007de126f

Can anybody help with my logging in prob? (see above) All I get is that I am in the room..then I click 'Let's-Go' and i'm told my I.P. address is already logged in as a user?...that's as far as I can go....I have tried Rebooting..Deleting cookies..logging out of emu and back in---now 24 hours later it's still the same?

#11 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 04:51 PM

do u have explorer security set to high or antivirus software with pop stoppers? As the chat room applet is stopped by any of these...
when u try to log in u just get the little box saying already logged in at isp,,etc etc..refresh in 180 secs i had to disable all mine just to get in
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:18 PM

yeah that is what I get R/B, but I have been in loads of times when the chat first appeared and not changed any settings etc since (that I know of)...this MUST be the prob.....cheers mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users