• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

Had a good look about the forum to see if anyone had talked about this, and was surprised it wasn't brought up. 

In case you didn't know, the new £1 is released new March 2017.

Going to be an interesting 6 months transfer time as the coins are different, even in size. So for those companies with mechs, like vending machine, car parks, trolleys, its going to be a costly switch.

But of course, will affect the Gaming sites across the UK. The question is, does it fit in the current coin hoppers?? I know the coin mechs will require and update, but those 6 months, in arcades for example, I was wondering how it was going to work as both coins are in play.

anyone have any info here? 

site here if you've not yet seen it http://www.royalmint.com/newonepoundcoin 

#2 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

I have heard it fits in both tubes & hoppers.

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:33 PM

It took some finding as it's a couple of years back now, unbelievably.

http://www.fruit-emu.../?hl=+new +coin

#4 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:13 AM

We got hold of some of these to test with and confirm that the £1s work in the current hoppers, but machines coin mechs will all need reprogramming to accept them

#5 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

Its fine . Its just a firmware/Macro file update. for mechs well most that has room for the size of the file . Your old ME111 or C345A green,yellow,purple etc may not be ok even the old 126 and Ref. wont flash to what ive been told. 126dfx works so ive heard, Cf9524e , other des mechs as such SR5des.(( SR3 that's TBA )) maybe someone knows some thing I don't please share.. Eagle mechs Do work to what I`ve heard. I will keep people updated on . Whats whats and Not when the info comes along. Those that know me vai FB groups also.

Pool Table mech that are straight 6 or copys ESD should be find no reports that they don't fit.

Electronic Pool Table mechs S3 unknown info at the moment. like I said I will try to keep on top of this.

No issues with hoppers remember guys and girls a little mod sand down or a dremal ;)  

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#6 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:46 AM

they dont fit in the straight 6s but you should be able to open up the pound slot a bit to make them fit. only other choice is to buy a new mech

#7 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

We had no issues we ours but then ours have seen more coins then most people have hot dinners. Cheers for the update

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#8 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:53 AM

Cheers for the info. Looks like we'll be using mixed for the 6months period then in a years time change the coin mechs again to not accept the old one.

Thanks for that thread you posted too. It's usually the small buisness type arcades that have the best machines!!

#9 127127

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:21 PM

Like Mr P's in kent!

#10 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

It looks rather like the old 'thrupenny bit' we used to have back in the day...

Hey ho... back to the future! ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users