• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 markracheal7

markracheal7

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:26 AM

Hi everyone

I am thinking of buying a windows tablet as I am in hospital alot and don't like to take my laptop in with me. I know the emulators will run but will the screen be to small to see all the machine 1024 resolution. Alot of the tablets I am looking at has a higher resolution then 1024. Any advice would be great
Gambling is a mugs game but I just cant help being a mug

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

If they'll run then the ones that resize via mfme 3.2 should be OK, not sure about the ones in mfme10.1 as even the ones I make for my lappy they sometimes have the buttons missing on partners lappy even though the screen sizes etc are supposed to be the same.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:50 AM

Hi everyone

I am thinking of buying a windows tablet as I am in hospital alot and don't like to take my laptop in with me. I know the emulators will run but will the screen be to small to see all the machine 1024 resolution. Alot of the tablets I am looking at has a higher resolution then 1024. Any advice would be great

It also depends whether or not your Windows tablet runs on the ARM processors or Intel.

If it is an ARM processor, then I'm afraid you're out of luck downloading any FME files or any other external application because the Windows tablet will only run apps that are from the Windows Store.

With an Intel processor you'll be in luck and should run all (except possibly Amber 2) emulators 

#4 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:02 AM

I have run mfme on a Dell Venue Pro 11 i3 and i5 without any major issue. Touch screen is not natively supported, buttons require a double click or swipe with the finger.

J

Edited by fuzion, 18 August 2016 - 08:03 AM.

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#5 markracheal7

markracheal7

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the info guys I think I will go ahead and buy one I will make sure it has a Intel processor

#6 tommydee

tommydee

Tommy Dee

• Regulars
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

would work on Android?

#7 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:59 PM

No

#8 markracheal7

markracheal7

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:52 PM

I got a surface pro 2 the emulator works great although I use a small keybord as it's better to play

#9 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

dont get a cheap windows tablet with the quadcore atom cpu (1.33mhz)

i did that this week. i borrowed a "TOSH-iba simple click" (8in) from work yesterday....

it was running windoZe 10 and had 2gb ram.  the emulator loads and it runs the roms fine, but even with all the throttles "maxed out" it was soooo slooow.

it took around 15-20 seconds just to spin the reels on WTA once! (i tried many, many diffrent roms and all versions of MFME, JPMu and BFM emulators)

and as mentioned above, the touch support aint great.....

im sure if u get a decent spec tablet it will be a much better experience. :)

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#10 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

has anybody tried an x86 emulator to run on an ANDROID device? (with the view to running the MFME EMUS)

i see the main two are "Bochs" and "QEMU".

i will try it myself unless someone on here has already tried and failed....

ill report back with any results............

#11 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

if anyone is intrested, this guy seems to have windows xp (emulated) running on an android device.......

#12 dchristo1971

dchristo1971

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

I also have a surface pro 1080p I find the only thing that doesnt work are 1600dx and of course older emulators such as BFM. MFME mostly works with double tap for the buttons

#13 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

if anyone is intrested, this guy seems to have windows xp (emulated) running on an android device.......

It looks OK - but I really can't see MFME running on it with how slow it is to even move the mouse...

Perhaps when Google release their new Andromeda OS things might look better :)

#14 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

I have played on a surface pro 3 and 4, plays virtually everything, provided it has mouse clickable button (some machine layouts in the first few years of FME, are keyboard only, as emu didn't support mouse clicks). 

There are a few things though to note in addition to the above,

1/ You need to swipe slightly down to produce a left mouse click, not a biggy, you get used to it.

2/ The odd layout has a strange resolution, like Big Brother, which fits on my 1920*1080 monitor, but not on the higher resolution surface pro's screen (probably the artwork causing the issue). 

3/ You'll have trouble when you need to hold more than one button, such as cancel to slow down a skill stop, as the touch screen doesn't seem to respond quick enough or at all when you try to hit the start button as it's two clicks at the same time.

The new emulator, should be able to resize everything, including Big Brother, not sure if it'll solve no 3/ though

#15 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

Most modern tablets can run mfme my  dell venue 11 pro runs the 1600 layouts without resize in full screen like holding a mini machine in your hand.

#16 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

Snap, Venue Pro 11 i5 here. Runs mfme fine. My touchscreen doesn't work at the minute but I have a Dell engineer popping to replace the lcd and touchscreen.

I did have a 10" Linx tablet but that did struggle to an extent.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#17 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

The Linx processor only has a 1.8 ghz boost mode rather than 2.4 a much slower processor also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users