9 replies to this topic

#1 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 10:44 AM

I bought a 1998 Each Way Nudge machine [Barcrest MPU5] on eBay for £105 [which I consider to be great value for money :)] ..only problem is that I dont have a manual and I NEED to change the volume.

I think its so loud because it looks like its been in a Kebab shop, having had a crowbar attack at the cashdoor, and the volume would be loud to drown out the drunken ramblings and violence in the backgrounds :)

So, ideally I would like an MPU5 manual / Each Way Nudge manual, but I would be damn happy if someone out there just knows how to adjust the volume!

Thanks in advance,
BellfruitBenito [a.k.a BarcrestBenito]

#2 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 02:50 PM

Take a photo of the machine and put in a post. I will let you know if you can adjust the volume the way im thinking. if i can see a photo of the hold butons

#3 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 03:54 PM

Can't you do this using a refill key????

#4 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 04:17 PM

Thats what i was going to ask him when i saw the machine.So there is no need for the picture.

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 06:11 PM

I don't know if this'll help you, but i'd like to show it off anyway :)
Ive just ordered 100 bulbs from RS components, at a cost of £22.30 + VAT + DELIVERY!....although thats not that bad i suppose, all it needs it the volume adjusting and the bulbs replacing :)

The Refill key just displays the Hopper Balance, nothing else...Unless you are in test mode....
Then you can access an Audio test, but all that does [as far as I am aware], is say 'Channel 1, Channel 2, Both'.

If you need better pictures, let me know, ill be playin it and my cameras charged:)

Thanks for your help,
BellfruitBenito [a.k.a BarcrestBenito]

Attached Files

#6 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 06:22 PM

What you have to do is as you put the refill key in hold down the high button and then the volume controls shpould come up then press low to turn the volume down. let me know how it goes.

#7 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 06:33 PM

No luck at the moment m8, thanks for your help though, anything is appreciated!
Ive tried all sorts of high/low-button-holdery but no luck, tried it with key in, then with key in and door open, then key in door open and in test mode, e.t.c.
Im beginning to think that Ill have to pour cement into the speaker :(
I got a very pleasant reply from barcrest along the lines of
'Barcrest is a member of IGT, It is not our policy to offer spares or support to home users' lol :)

#8 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:07 AM

Ive just ordered 100 bulbs from RS components, at a cost of £22.30 + VAT + DELIVERY!....although thats not that bad i suppose, all it needs it the volume adjusting and the bulbs replacing :)

Are you mad? £26.20 + Delivery for 100 bulbs? You can get them from ebay much cheaper, and even if they are the new smaller type that makes no difference as people sell those on there too.

#9 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:48 PM

lol, 2 parter here..

a) Fruitymad2003, looks like I f***ed up, that thing did sort the volume out, I didnt read it right lol :D:D
So thanks for your help there :)

B) I know that eBay has the bulbs every so often, but non last time I checked, and I just thought that a new bag would sort it out quickly. Ill keep me eyes open though, so thanks for trying to save me money :)

#10 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 09:24 AM

No problem at all. Usually 50 sell for a few pounds on ebay, you can often get used ones (but working) from scrap machines on there for next to nothing too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users