Photo
- - - - -

My Fruit Machine Start Button Is Dead...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

Bought a Barcrest Bling King the other day. Tried it before I bought it and it worked fine apart from sticky buttons.

Took the buttons out but didn't realise that you dont have to unplug the connection to the micro-switches. So on the first few buttons I unplugged them.

When I have reconnected them my start button does nothing and I can't do anything with it.

Does it matter which way you connect the pins to the start. hold buttons etc as I always assumed that it didn't.

Or is there something else I need to check?

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by Matt1975, 24 July 2010 - 08:52 PM.

#2 billnye5

billnye5

• Regulars
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

it does matter which way you plug them in from the bst of my knowledge, try a few different combinations and see if they help sort the problem?

#3 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

Also an easier way to sort it is by finding a button that does work and copy the plug locations.

#4 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

does the button click when you press it?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#5 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

Also an easier way to sort it is by finding a button that does work and copy the plug locations.

So does it definately matter which way round they go?

Cardie...Yes the button does click when pressed.

#6 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

yes mate,there like plugs which go on the door switch,if there the wrong way round the machine will be in doors open mode even though the doors closed.

Edited by Tommy c, 24 July 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#7 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

it depends on the button, is there 4 connections or 2, somtimes there can be an extra 2 for a bulb but its kinda obvious really depending on the switch, other than that it shouldnt matter which way round the wires go

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#8 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

it depends on the button, is there 4 connections or 2, somtimes there can be an extra 2 for a bulb but its kinda obvious really depending on the switch, other than that it shouldnt matter which way round the wires go

There are 4 connectors and tbh I just put them any way!

So this could well be my problem then?

#9 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

I'm really confused now...

Changed the plugs around a bit.

When it boots up it plays between 2 and 5 plays automatically thenwhen it stops the cancel and 3 hold buttons work but the start button does nothing.

What the heck is going on?

#10 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

I'm really confused now...

Changed the plugs around a bit.

When it boots up it plays between 2 and 5 plays automatically thenwhen it stops the cancel and 3 hold buttons work but the start button does nothing.

What the heck is going on?

Does your micro switch have 3 terminals to connect to or just two?

The only reason your awp will auto play is either the button is wired up incorrect or your micro switch is faulty inside via being sticky or just broken.

I would guess as you pointed out you unconnected all the wires you may have a 3 pin micro switch and you need to move just one connecter.

You should be able to work out the bulb wires by looking at your other buttons and making sure the bulb lights up, then its just the point of getting the other two correct.

If you still get no joy try using another micro switch from another button just to be 100% sure the one your trying to sort is not faulty.

#11 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Does your micro switch have 3 terminals to connect to or just two?

The only reason your awp will auto play is either the button is wired up incorrect or your micro switch is faulty inside via being sticky or just broken.

I would guess as you pointed out you unconnected all the wires you may have a 3 pin micro switch and you need to move just one connecter.

You should be able to work out the bulb wires by looking at your other buttons and making sure the bulb lights up, then its just the point of getting the other two correct.

If you still get no joy try using another micro switch from another button just to be 100% sure the one your trying to sort is not faulty.

Hi.

There are four terminals to connect.

After putting some tape on the cherry switch I have now sorted the start button out. All the buttons are now lighting except one which has a busted part that the clips go onto. Also one button seems to have been repaired with glue and so doesnt sit in as it should!

What is now confusing me is that the 3rd hold button hold and cancels repeatedly on its own and the light is working on the button.

Also sometimes the hold will work 1st and 2nd reels then if you press cancel hold cancel hold they sometimes stop working!

Really confused now.

#12 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Decided to scrap the machine.

So I have now got for sale.....

MPU 5 board
SR5 Coin Mech
Power Pack
Reel Driver Board
All the 5 reels

If you want any of 'em shout before they get sold on the devil that is known as "Ebay"

Thanks for all the advice guys but decided was taking me to long to sort it.

#13 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

MPU 5 board
SR5 Coin Mech
Power Pack
Reel Driver Board
All the 5 reels

If you want any of 'em shout before they get sold on the devil that is known as "Ebay"

If you have crossed the wires over from the lamp matrix to the button matrix its possible you have caused damage, either that or you STILL have the wires on wrong.

Remember out of the 4 wires each, 2 are for the lamp and 2 for the switch, should be easy to know which 2 are the lamp, so then you know which 2 are for the switch.
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#14 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

If you have crossed the wires over from the lamp matrix to the button matrix its possible you have caused damage, either that or you STILL have the wires on wrong.

Remember out of the 4 wires each, 2 are for the lamp and 2 for the switch, should be easy to know which 2 are the lamp, so then you know which 2 are for the switch.

I did get it kind of sorted bar a faulty microswitch a snapped pin and a button that had been repaired with glue! hence the button wasn't working. All things considered it wasn't worth the time as the machine wasnt exactly a classic!!

#15 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:14 AM

MPU 5 board
SR5 Coin Mech
Power Pack
Reel Driver Board
All the 5 reels

Cheat, lol.

#16 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Cheat, lol.

lol.

I've spend far too long than some machines are worth trying to sort em out and tbh the Bling King was more Oh no than J-Lo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users