• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

this coin mech on the magic 500 seems to let all the coins goto the cashbox, ive tried the obvious like dump the float, but the coins go straight to the back. ive done a combination with 3 other coin mechs now and the flow attachement underneath, but all to the same result - the coins for hopper 1 and 2 go straight to the cash box.

according to reflex, its a coin mech problem and not a machine problem. typically, the divider underneath could be blocked or the spring has gone. this resulting in the coin not going to its correct path. the spring is still loaded and there is no block.

as soon as i touch this paddle/spring loaded flip on the coin mech, the alarm goes off. so its not like i can jam it to a specific position.

my question is, can i program the coin mech from my end, or does it have to go on a bench to be re-programmed ? there are dials on the coin mech.

#2 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

Ain't no tech or owt lol,but i thought the little round dial was for callibarating the mech to take the different size coins and tokens.

#3 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:57 AM

There are a number of mech / sorter guides on the mecca, which can help here, in the tech docs section, but would depend on what make / model mech you are dealing with.

The Mars ME / MS range are the most common, though in your case, you maybe being with a Mars Cashflow type, with the 126 being the most common of them all.

Another common mech, is a Coin Controls C435, which I so happen to have just received in, although that has now been replaced with the SR3 / 5 series, due to age.

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

Ain't no tech or owt lol,but i thought the little round dial was for callibarating the mech to take the different size coins and tokens.

Depends on the mech in question, but certainly on the Mars Cashflow 126, that dial is for tokens, like those promotional ones you get in arcades for free plays.

On Cash Flow c435'S though (I need to check this mind), I believe you can self teach the mech, without the need of an external programmer.

#5 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

Just checked on my machine (Cashflow 126) It has the data swicth (a circular switch with a pointing arrow labelled 'data') and 4 DIP swicthes labelled 'teach'. So you can teach this particular type of mech. On mine the circular switch points to 'F' and the DIP switches are all set to the right, if this helps.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#6 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

thanks for your reply guys.

ive got both coin mechs here, the C435A and the newer Sr5 mech, but i recon i just found the problem........ the C435A says the following -

CAUTION - this sorter should only be used on the C435 validator. upon further inspection, the sorter has the mark 432.

i`ll have a browse over at the mecca and see what i can dig up.

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

PROBLEM SORTED

there was a routing plug dangling below not inserted! doh. that said, upon my quest... it IS possible to route the coins yourself providing you had a spare routing plug. just a long path i didnt need to go down.

#8 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

PROBLEM SORTED

there was a routing plug dangling below not inserted! doh. that said, upon my quest... it IS possible to route the coins yourself providing you had a spare routing plug. just a long path i didnt need to go down.

Its always somthing or nothing lol.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#9 Alex73

Alex73

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

Can you tell me where I can find a routing plug for my c435a

0 user(s) are reading this topic