#1 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hello all (again)

A few things here

1) I'd like a note acceptor for this - been playing with the idea for a fair while, and just never got round to it... I've got a bit more understanding of the system now, and maybe some dosh to buy one!

2) Any manuals for EPOCH boards around, technical manuals etc... I'd like to know what all the other sockets / headers are on the EPOCH board, and what I could potentially do with them.

3) Any way to adjust / change the CashPot / Reserve levels? I've done full RAM resets, with hopper empty, hopper full, etc. but they're staying on £250.

4) Would anyone like to buy / part-ex an Epoch Club Fruit'n'Nudge machine in GWO?

An interesting little mod I've done to this, is swapped the refill switch with a 3way switch, so I can now switch between Refill Mode, Real Play and Free Play without having to open any of the covers. Simple but effective.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ross.

#2 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hope this helps.

Cashpots staying full is a dip switch setting. Cannot for the life of me remember which on though, you'll need to switch them on/off one at a time in freeplay mode to find out which one keeps them at zero.

#3 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hi Mike,

A good start - I'll go flip some switches - thank you!!

#4 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

With any luck it will be switch 7 :)

#5 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

With any luck...

But alas, I don't have any luck!! I suppose that's why I frequent an FME site, and have my own machine!!

I've found pages in the manual that identify certain switches, and I've tried all the other switches in different positions, and I can't seem to get the cashpot down - even after a RAM clear.

(it's set at 86%, 10/20p for 125/250 jp)

Is it standard behaviour for the cashpot / reserve to START at £250? I would have thought they'd start low, and then build up as it's played.

#6 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

Definately a dip switch setting, had the same trouble myself when i had one. No 4 seems to ring a bell??

Attached Files

#7 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

I just checked my BFM manual, and on my machine the DIL switch is number 12, for "Fixed Cashpots" on or off.

Hope that helps!

#8 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

Still not getting anywhere with the cashpots. :(

Just got my NV4 smiley today, checked it out on the bench, and it's good.

I just need the schematic for connecting it to the machine, if anyone has it?

I've got the pinouts for the NV4, but not the 'Note Acc' header on the hopper-board of the EPOCH. Anyone know what's what?

Cheers :)DS

#9 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

After getting my NV4 fully updated with all the new currency files, I'm desperate to get this connected to my EPOCH machine. Does anyone have a loom, or a wiring diagram for connecting the NV4 to the EPOCH?

#10 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

Loom provided by Roderz - many thanks Roderz!!

I just need now, a panel thing for it... is it called an 'escutcheon' or something?

It's the panel the note acceptor fits to - oval cutout in the centre below the play buttons... I've got the original metal one, and I can get a hole machined into it, but if anyone's got the right thing, would be obviously better!!

Taaa :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users