• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 CoasterDesignerpro

CoasterDesignerpro

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 04:10 PM

How long will it be before these are emulated?

#2 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 04:59 PM

How long will it be before these are emulated?

The honest answer is no-one knows. How long is a piece of string springs to mind.

It is a current technology so it appears no developers are willing to touch it at the moment.

Based on what has been said before publicly, you are looking at at least three years after MPU5 is obsolete before it would be looked at, and thats assuming that it is even possible to emulate. Apparently it uses a lot of encryption.

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:52 AM

It could be impliment fair quickly if one of the EMU authors from the likes of the Play Station II emulator got on the case, but there just isn't the interest out side of the u.k. really. No one can tell me MPU5 is more complicated than a N64 in terms of emulating it and that was emulated ages ago. As for encryption, well look at the XOR's on the Capcom stuff, Ataris SLAPSTICK.. all deafeated. Like I said, I see the biggest hurdle getting somebody compentent enough who has got the motivation to do it...

#4 msmat999

msmat999

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:07 AM

has there even been a ps2 emulator made yet that works and loads games?

#5 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:13 AM

well could you get hold of him them and ask him them if they could have a go at the mpu5 project

#6 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 03:17 PM

Yep there is a working ps/2 emu....

#7 msmat999

msmat999

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 08:48 PM

can some1 give me a website where i can get a ps2 emu from

#8 tga

tga

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:00 PM

heh, well we all want mpu5 emulation (can still hear the psycho cash beast music) , but unlike the emus (where information reguarding the chipsets and stuff is a bit more accessable, if people can get a XOR table or maybe info on how the mpu5 board intergrates i would gladly donate some time towards an emu , but inrformation is hard to get , and i dont think they will be giving it away easyly..........
if u have an mpu5 board and rom reader, we can maybe get the ball rolling

#9 psycho2

psycho2

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 06:32 AM

heh, well we all want mpu5 emulation (can still hear the psycho cash beast music) , but unlike the emus (where information reguarding the chipsets and stuff is a bit more accessable, if people can get a XOR table or maybe info on how the mpu5 board intergrates i would gladly donate some time towards an emu , but inrformation is hard to get , and i dont think they will be giving it away easyly..........
if u have an mpu5 board and rom reader, we can maybe get the ball rolling

ive got mpu 5 board conneted to my psycho cashbeast not got a rom reader though :cry:

#10 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2003 - 10:20 AM

so are you going to have a go then

#11 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:33 AM

heh, well we all want mpu5 emulation

A popular misconception.

#12 psycho2

psycho2

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:10 PM

would love to have a go if only i knew where to start :cry:

#13 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 10:00 AM

well i am not that technicle with coding emulaters nut i am sure some kind person on the forum will tel lyou where to start.

#14 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2003 - 05:09 PM

i was in contact from a chap a year ago who was working on an mpu5 emulator. he said he got 80% of a rom working but gave up.

i will dig through my old emails to see if i can find his email address.

fingers crossed hey

#15 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:11 PM

Yep the sooner the better.

#16 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:58 PM

Do we really need MPU5 emulation that much?
I feel that he old fruities play alot better anyway...all the MPU5 really did that was different...AFAIK, is had lamps that dimmed instead of blinked...although I am probably wrong.
The only MPU5s I would like to be emulated would be things like Monty Python and Spiker The Biker....but why dont we just buy them?
One day it will be possible to play these but I honestly couldnt care less.
I'll just be damn happy when my Cluedo SWP is working...
Which reminds me...does anyone own one? Can anyone help me get the damn thing into test mode?? Does anyone have any spare PCBs? [Game card, Grafix card, Sample sound card, Impact CPU card, or the mainboard itself??

BarcrestBenito

#17 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:00 PM

lol, in case you cant tell, I posted that...seems my IE forgot all of my cookies, or something along that line...
mmmmmm...cookies :)

BarcrestBenito [a.k.a BellfruitBenito]

#18 Jez_Shaw

Jez_Shaw

• New Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 07:36 AM

BarcrestBenito

Valid point. The purpose of FME is to preserve the memory of the old machines which we all enjoyed playing in our mis-spent youth. If you want to play MPU5 machines, then go to an arcade or buy one. Surely it would be more logical to look at emulating some of the more obscure specs (eg SP ACE or the Electrocoin tech) with a view to preserving some of these machines before they are totally lost - it could be too late already. Machines like Labyrinth (Electrocoin) and it's variants were very playable in their day :D . There is no question that an MPU5 emulator will be needed eventually - as these machines will start to disappear also - but a lot of people seem to be working themselves up into a frenzy over this. One has to suspect that their only motive for pressing for MPU5 emulation is so that they can work out the machines' rules and 'emptiers' before having to risk money on playing the real thing. :wink:

#19 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:49 AM

BarcrestBenito

Valid point. The purpose of FME is to preserve the memory of the old machines which we all enjoyed playing in our mis-spent youth. If you want to play MPU5 machines, then go to an arcade or buy one. Surely it would be more logical to look at emulating some of the more obscure specs (eg SP ACE or the Electrocoin tech) with a view to preserving some of these machines before they are totally lost - it could be too late already. Machines like Labyrinth (Electrocoin) and it's variants were very playable in their day :D . There is no question that an MPU5 emulator will be needed eventually - as these machines will start to disappear also - but a lot of people seem to be working themselves up into a frenzy over this. One has to suspect that their only motive for pressing for MPU5 emulation is so that they can work out the machines' rules and 'emptiers' before having to risk money on playing the real thing. :wink:

Agreed 100%.

There is no need for an MPU5 emulator now, when there isn't an Electrocoin / Project / sp.ACE emulator yet. They should get priority as :

A) They are no doubt easier to do because they are simpler techs (assuming necessary docs are available)

B) There are very, very few of them around now

#20 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 05:03 PM

But it still would be nice!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users