Photo
- - - - -

Note acceptor note accepting notes HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

I have purchased a note acceptor from Ebay, but i have an issue as i cannot get it to run.

Would anyone be able to provide technical assistance please?

What i've done so far is fitted the acceptor without the rotor(as it will not fit into the Barcrest Genisis cabinet with it on, i've set it to pulse. Reset machine everything initialises and float changes from £125 to £250, the green arrows illuminate on the front of the acceptor ready to accept but it will not draw any notes into the acceptor, it does however stop flashing the green arrows and displays the fully lit if the note is inserted. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike.

#2 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hiya,

Is the note acceptor set to CC-talk? I assume this is the protocol that the machine uses?

I could be wrong with this, but possibly the machine and the note acceptor do not use the same protocol?

Cheers :)

p.s. By the way, if this is a Lumina note acceptor, and it sounds like it is, DO NOT site this machine - only use it for home entertainment. Luminas have a security problem and at least half the hopper can be emptied of coins, guaranteed, without the acceptor taking a single one of your notes.

#3 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

I have purchased a note acceptor from Ebay, but i have an issue as i cannot get it to run.

Would anyone be able to provide technical assistance please?

What i've done so far is fitted the acceptor without the rotor(as it will not fit into the Barcrest Genisis cabinet with it on, i've set it to pulse. Reset machine everything initialises and float changes from £125 to £250, the green arrows illuminate on the front of the acceptor ready to accept but it will not draw any notes into the acceptor, it does however stop flashing the green arrows and displays the fully lit if the note is inserted. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike.

Sounds like you've bought a note ignorer not an acceptor :lol:

Sorry I'll get me coat

#4 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

Hiya,

Is the note acceptor set to CC-talk? I assume this is the protocol that the machine uses?

I could be wrong with this, but possibly the machine and the note acceptor do not use the same protocol?

Cheers :)

p.s. By the way, if this is a Lumina note acceptor, and it sounds like it is, DO NOT site this machine - only use it for home entertainment. Luminas have a security problem and at least half the hopper can be emptied of coins, guaranteed, without the acceptor taking a single one of your notes.

dont you just love people talking out of their arse. also if you have king kebab in your arcade, beware the barcode trick.. see how old this information is now.

how about some upto date news ?

CRITICAL

HORIZON MACHINES EQUIPPED WITH EITHER EBA12 or EBA22 JCM NOTE ACCEPTORS

Further to our machine security bulletin of 23rd December JCM have now produced a security kit that can be fitted to Barcrest Group Horizon machines equipped with JCM EBA12 or EBA22 note acceptors.

The kit inhibits drilling of the note acceptor to access internal components. Machines fitted with the JCM Taiko or other makes of note acceptor are not affected and do not need this kit. The kit, KS 69355, and its fitting instructions are available from the Barcrest Group after sales team.

Please note our contact numbers:

Technical Enquiry & Spares Order Line : 0161 8306549

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Please note our contact numbers:

Technical Enquiry & Spares Order Line : 0161 8306549

This is odd..........Reading the thread and the phone went....

Was about to say PM nails....come back and he had replied!

#6 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Eh? I was trying to offer the guy some help? I may not know for sure whether the CC-talk protocol is the problem, but maybe it will help him diagnose the his issue?

Also, the lumina information may be old news, but not everyone would know it. I only discovered it by playing about on my machine.

I don't think my reply to the O.P's question really necessitated a "omg bruv he's talking out of his ass" kind of response.

If you think I mean that you need to drill a hole in the note acceptor to gain access to a sensor, then no, this is not the fraud I mean. Luminas can be frauded with just two ten pound notes and NO drilling or other manipulation of the machine is needed.

I'm sorry for trying to help, but I tell you what, I won't bother in future, and maybe we can make this forum completely uninhabited if enough people do the same.

#7 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Cheers for the help. After messing around with the dips and resetting by putting swithch 6 on for 15 secs, i can now get the acceptor to accept a note but it immediately gives a note jam error. Any ideas about this please?

Cheers

#8 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

Cheers for the help. After messing around with the dips and resetting by putting swithch 6 on for 15 secs, i can now get the acceptor to accept a note but it immediately gives a note jam error. Any ideas about this please?

Cheers

best to iron ya notes lol .. make sure they are flat ... oh and put the iron on cold - warm lol
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#9 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

If it makes any difference, machine is a Red Gaming "On A Roll". Should it be set to CCTalk, Binary, or Pulsed?

Cheers.

#10 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Eh? I was trying to offer the guy some help? I may not know for sure whether the CC-talk protocol is the problem, but maybe it will help him diagnose the his issue?

Also, the lumina information may be old news, but not everyone would know it. I only discovered it by playing about on my machine.

I don't think my reply to the O.P's question really necessitated a "omg bruv he's talking out of his ass" kind of response.

If you think I mean that you need to drill a hole in the note acceptor to gain access to a sensor, then no, this is not the fraud I mean. Luminas can be frauded with just two ten pound notes and NO drilling or other manipulation of the machine is needed.

I'm sorry for trying to help, but I tell you what, I won't bother in future, and maybe we can make this forum completely uninhabited if enough people do the same.

my apologies.

#11 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

No worries, apology accepted :) For the chap who asked the question, dip switch 6 resets the BNV (note acceptor) security key I believe (at least, thats what it does on my machine). I've never seen a note jam problem before, but possibly a good clean might help? I'd be reluctant to take the thing to bits, in case it doesn't go back together again! Or, and this may not work as this is totally my own idea and something I've made up... Dip some paper in a cleaning solvent, and run that through the acceptor a few times?!

#12 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

it doesnt take Xerox notes no matter how good they look.....
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 roderz

roderz

&amp;lt;--+--&amp;gt;

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

If sw6 on for 15 sec's got it to accept then it is cctalk
Manual here, page 20 shows how to dismantle it to clean note path
Hope this helps

http://www.maxgaming...Manual_V4.8.pdf

#14 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:09 AM

If sw6 on for 15 sec's got it to accept then it is cctalk
Manual here, page 20 shows how to dismantle it to clean note path
Hope this helps

http://www.maxgaming...Manual_V4.8.pdf

Thanks for this info. I can however only get it to half work if the rotor is fitted, if i remove the rotor so it will fit into the appature the acceptor will not accept any notes at all. Is there a way to bypass the rotor?

Thanks Mike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users