• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Anyone seen or have this stupid rule they have in certain arcades..players can reserve the machine they are playing until...whenever ??.

Ok so your going for a jobby or a ciggie or whatever..you say to the lassie can ye reserve that machine till i get back in 10-15 mins.

However i was in the arcade the other day and there was 2 machines 'reserved' and i was in there for a good hour and a half-2 hours and no-one came near them..not that i was that bothered cos they are shite machines anyway..didnt really want to play them.

However does this mean that some woman (its usually women i see in the arcades btw) has just spunked £100 odd in the machine and it hasnt gave a decent pay-out..so when is it reserved till ? till she gets her wages again ? till she goes and gets a loan of £50 off someone ?

Thats the rules of gambling..ye lose all yer money in the one machine..tough shit..ye dont before ye walk out the arcade say to the lassie gonna hold that machine for me untill ive got some more money to play it again.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#2 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

Its like it here as well. You are supposed to be allowed 10 mins for a cig break or 15 mins for a trip to the bank. Some special customers have been known to have stickers on all the time but these are the type of people who play a machine for a week lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Guest_damoc_*

Guest_damoc_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

I've seen staff put reserved signs on when someone has put a lot through them. Then one of the regulars, who are in with the staff, come along and end up playing them.

#4 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

I've used this method a few times over the years when I used to play all the time. In my local they used to have a "half hour rule" so you had time to get to the bank for more money.

There was never a problem there because the half hour was strictly enforced, no matter who the customer. You would always know when the time was due up, all the sharks would be hanging around the machine!! :D

I don't play any more so the rule doesn't affect me, but personally I think it's not a bad idea as long as it's fairly enforced.

#5 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

Theres been times were in the arcade i go to people have actualy won on the machine and still put a sticker in the machine in the hope that somebody would think they had lost and go on it and end up losing tons so that they could go back on and clean up.

Its crafty and shouldn't be done.

#6 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

I've been to arcades before where the whole of the 'over 18's' section is empty but a couple of machines have the 'reserved' card on them with a single credit to play. I've had a walk around, found nothing that takes my fancy, gone into the normal parts of the arcade for like half an hour, then gone back into the 'over 18' area to find it still empty, and the same machines still reserved.

Whilst I agree, it could be a good feature to reward the regular player, I can't help but feel that the arcade themselves could pull 'ready to drop' machines away from the public by placing these cards on machines. Then maybe even playing them themselves later.

I reckon, you play a machine, you lose, you run out of money, you need a fag, then it's tough titty. The 'reserve' system stinks. You don't know wether it's legitimate or not. And I can see an unsuspecting player, punting a fair wad into a machine, not winning, then leaving the arcade. And the arcade putting up a 'reserved' sign for their regular players to win on the said machine. Like the annoying kid saying 'Hey mate. This is gonna pay.' The arcades can 'collar' a machine with their fancy badges for themselves or their true regulars.

Yet another obstacle in the face of the casual 'passer by' player.
Posted Image

#7 jaybee

jaybee

Sun BURNT, Ouch!

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

You aint got no cash, game over end off!

This is another reason not to play.

I was playing a machine, it was paying out and a bunch of lads said to me " you shouldn't be playing that it faulty" Kept playing it, won another £30, then an arcade lady came round, "collect your winning, I have to turn it off". Looked back and these lads where on it.

City Arcades 90% full of scum. DO NOT PLAY!
Player three it's YOU!

#8 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

I can see an unsuspecting player, punting a fair wad into a machine, not winning, then leaving the arcade. And the arcade putting up a 'reserved' sign for their regular players to win on the said machine. Like the annoying kid saying 'Hey mate. This is gonna pay.' The arcades can 'collar' a machine with their fancy badges for themselves or their true regulars.

Yes very annoying and probably illegal.

You aint got no cash, game over end off!

This is another reason not to play.

I was playing a machine, it was paying out and a bunch of lads said to me " you shouldn't be playing that it faulty" Kept playing it, won another £30, then an arcade lady came round, "collect your winning, I have to turn it off". Looked back and these lads where on it.

City Arcades 90% full of scum. DO NOT PLAY!

Even more annoying..just because they dont know you..ie your not the regular chav scum that are never out the arcades..you dont stand a chance.

#9 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Anyone seen or have this stupid rule they have in certain arcades..players can reserve the machine they are playing until...whenever ??.

Ok so your going for a jobby or a ciggie or whatever..you say to the lassie can ye reserve that machine till i get back in 10-15 mins.

However i was in the arcade the other day and there was 2 machines 'reserved' and i was in there for a good hour and a half-2 hours and no-one came near them..not that i was that bothered cos they are shite machines anyway..didnt really want to play them.

However does this mean that some woman (its usually women i see in the arcades btw) has just spunked £100 odd in the machine and it hasnt gave a decent pay-out..so when is it reserved till ? till she gets her wages again ? till she goes and gets a loan of £50 off someone ?

Thats the rules of gambling..ye lose all yer money in the one machine..tough shit..ye dont before ye walk out the arcade say to the lassie gonna hold that machine for me untill ive got some more money to play it again.

Its like that in NOBLES were i live this woman goes in plays rainbow riches if she doesnt get a big win she puts a sticker on it and ive been told off somebody who's in there everyday that the sticker didn't come off for two weeks rather shes loaded or the machine was paying all the time and i cant see that:lol:.

#10 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

I wouldn't play the machines that would rip hundereds off you nowadays anyway but if I saw a machine with this kind of sticker on it, I'd just rip it off!!! What a bloody cheek. No cash? well that's it surely. You get back on it when no-one else is playing. If I got kicked off by staff then I would call the police.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#11 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

It's a tough one for me this. Back in my playing days, I regularly used to run out of cash and have to pop to the cashpoint. Usually, the arcade would hold the machine for me until I'd got back. However, anything over 30 mins would seem to be over the top. I wonder how long it'll be until the damn things are allowed to take your debit (credit?) card directly...

#12 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

It's a tough one for me this. Back in my playing days, I regularly used to run out of cash and have to pop to the cashpoint. Usually, the arcade would hold the machine for me until I'd got back. However, anything over 30 mins would seem to be over the top. I wonder how long it'll be until the damn things are allowed to take your debit (credit?) card directly...

Yep..dont have a problem with that whatsoever Magz ive done it myself..although not told them to hold the machine for me..just that the arcade was so dead no-one was on it when i went back 5 mins later after being to the cashpoint..if there was tough titty for me.

Next time im in Nobles and lose £50 on a GG and know its due to drop its load..might just say to the lassie..can i reserve that machine..cos ive ran out of money..however its my birthday in September and ill probably get money from my wife for my birthday..ill come back and play it again then. :bigeyes03:

#13 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

I'm a right twat to a select few people in the arcade, if it's someone I like or just someone I talk to then I won't do it, but if it's someone I find annoying/weird or an "old piss-stained, I let the nudges time out even on golden f*****g game coffin dodger" then even if they do that annoying thing with pushing the seat foward, I mean what the fecks all that about, is it meant to create some kind of forcefield around the machine stopping any other f***er playing it, I will proudly lift that seat back and put a quid in making sure they are watching and watch their glares as they go to piss themselves somewhere else.

I'm friendly with the owner of a smallish arcade always getting little hints of what's been put in what, doesn't help that much but sometimes it's ok.

#14 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

:bigeyes25:

Yep..dont have a problem with that whatsoever Magz ive done it myself..although not told them to hold the machine for me..just that the arcade was so dead no-one was on it when i went back 5 mins later after being to the cashpoint..if there was tough titty for me.

Next time im in Nobles and lose £50 on a GG and know its due to drop its load..might just say to the lassie..can i reserve that machine..cos ive ran out of money..however its my birthday in September and ill probably get money from my wife for my birthday..ill come back and play it again then. :bigeyes03:

Jesus man. I thought you had more sense nowadays!!! :bigeyes24:
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#15 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

:bigeyes25:

Jesus man. I thought you had more sense nowadays!!! :bigeyes24:

'Theoretically speaking' i mean Gaz..most i spend these days is £10-20 and thats only about once a month if that.

#16 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:59 AM

I hated it when I use to play. Would go on party time/top slots and you would always get some twat that leaves the top reels to time out and spin on there own. Which means you have to stand and wait till they had finished. Mind tho i got my own back in one arcade when party time first came out. I found that if you are on the top reels and you run out of credit then just sit at the machine and don't put any money in. For some reason this would stop them from getting up as you had still not been kicked off the top reels. this don't work any more now as it times out i believe. was funny tho to watch them stick £150 in without a party time feature. HA HA!!

#17 trickytrev

trickytrev

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

I walked into an arcade last year, on one of my odd visits to them, went to put a pound into a m/c and a guy jumped in front of me and said "Sorry mate, I'm still playing that, can I go back on?"

I was ready to let this guy do what he wanted, as he was built like a brick outhouse, but one of the attendants saw this and told this guy to leave me alone, and let me play the m/c if I wanted to.

This made me feel very uncomfortable, as I had one chap watching me like a hawk because he wanted to get back on (presumably because he had lost a mint in it), plus the attendant standing there insisting I play it myself! It got even more embarrassing as I took a load of money out of it.

I don't mind people leaving a credit or two in the bandit, while they get some more money or a drink, but leaving the m/c like that and expecting to get back on is a joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users