12 replies to this topic

#1 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Hi all, hope you are all well.

I was in my local arcade the other day and I'm sure many will agree, having sound on a machine adds to the fun so I asked the staff if they would mind turning the volume up slightly, as I could hardly hear it.

To which they replied..............no.

Nice hey?

The other machines next to me were so loud that after a while it started to get up my nose, so rather than ask the ignorant toss pots, is there any way of doing it myself discreetly with a refill key, or do you have to have internal access to a T* vegas cab to do it?

I know it's kind of risky and could end up getting me thrown out, but personally there are so many other arcades to choose from, personally I couldn't give a sh*t.

I know it's their machine, but surely as a paying customer they could have adhered to my request?

Thought it a bit off, so thought I'd do it myself.

Any suggestions as to how please, as couldn't find anything online about sounds and T8's?

#2 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

Not sure but that could be classed as going equipped. You'd get barred for sure I'd expect.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#3 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Maybe have a word with the manager or someone with more authority.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#4 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

You need a fob for these,the 87000 refill key don't work on t8 or t7. You will deffo be barred trying to do it your self.

Edited by TommyC, 21 October 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Hold the bells mate.

#5 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

No worries Tommy, had a feeling the old refill key wouldn't work on these updated newer machines.

Great on the old cabinets though.

Things move on I suppose.

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

Far as I am aware, you have to go in to the main management screen to do owt like this, plus the old L&F 87's will not fit these cabs anyway..... that, and it will be pretty obvious what you are doing, so you risk a kicking from the owners too..... best if you can find a manager to sort this out.

#7 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

Best that they adhere to our requests then really isn't it

and then people wouldn't feel the need to go in and do it themselves.

Quite amusing really, they rang the main manager and they said no.

Yeah that makes sense, blast the hell out of one so all you can hear is this machine all over the arcade and turn the other one down to almost mute!!!

I mean why?

Personally I think they are just being tossers about it, why would you refuse to turn a machine up slightly?

#8 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

You could always return with a tube of superglue, and direct it to the note acceptor ;)

#9 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

You could always return with a tube of superglue, and direct it to the note acceptor ;)

Ha ha!! Like it

#10 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

If the T8 is on lease, SG sometimes set the volume remotely and some venues are not allowed to adjust. We had some on site that were like that.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#11 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

If the T8 is on lease, SG sometimes set the volume remotely and some venues are not allowed to adjust. We had some on site that were like tha

How on earth do they do that?

I know there are strict regulations, but if they can set things remotely, what else could they do?

Didn't I hear of a story on here once where someone was playing a FOBT and halfway through the game it was removed from site?

#12 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:12 AM

How on earth do they do that?

I know there are strict regulations, but if they can set things remotely, what else could they do?

Didn't I hear of a story on here once where someone was playing a FOBT and halfway through the game it was removed from site?

Barcrest can only remove a game remotely when there is no credit in the machine, so they could not have removed the game whilst it was being played (unless the player ran out of credit).

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#13 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Barcrest can only remove a game remotely when there is no credit in the machine, so they could not have removed the game whilst it was being played (unless the player ran out of credit).

I'd imagine thats what happened to them then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users