Some Emulators too big for screen

Best Answer jackpotjon05, 16 April 2020 - 12:00 PM

•  
  • 94964d9b0486ab2726ac36f21c61d1b7349b7b3c
  • 1660009665_DONATOR2020.png.5cf85f0eebc67
  • 20 posts
  • February 10, 2019

Now I really am confused.

Just downloaded 5.1 and put it into my folder.

Went into fruit emu and downloaded ''Andys Great Escape'' and ran perfectly in 5.1.

Ive exited the game (as advised) and saved it and now it launches in 6.1 also, but whats the difference?

I was under the understanding that 5.1 isn't an emulator, but a converter but it runs in this, which I cant get my head around because this seems to contradict everything I have been trying to do

•  
  •  
  • 21 posts
  • February 10, 2019

I cant understand whats going on here.

Now ive downloaded ''Barcode'' from the BFM section of fruit-emu and now running it in mfme 5.1 it says unsupported platform.

So can I please ask how do I make this run, as did everything you've said and loaded in 5.1 first, exited but no option to save?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:04 AM

Hi everyone, i hope you are well.

Im still running on some older emulators, e.g BFM emu, JPM emu and running some games on MFME 2.0 and 10.1 but some games once loaded are only showing the top half of the machine and cant reach the buttons or anything towards the bottom.

Can anyone please remind me how you adjust this, as im sure there was a way mentioned a few years ago, but cannot remember what function you press and how you adjust machine to fit fully in screen?

Many thanks for your help, appreciated

#2 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:12 AM

Also trying to run Crazy Fruits Down Under which is also too big for screen and when loaded/downloaded from here its alarming, but obviously cant see what the alarm code is and also how to clear it.

Many thanks

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:20 PM

you need to renew the emulator, sign up @ Desertislandfruits, once verified

download mfme v5.1 this is for converting older dat.files to the newer fml.file 

then download the very latest emulator currently Mfme v19 which only runs on windows10 you can then update it to v19.8 within the emulator these emulators will rescale ALL layouts to fit on laptops etc plus there's many, many more layouts that have been created since 2016

if your laptop only runs windows 7 & 8 then mfme v6.1 is for you

Edited by vectra666, 14 April 2020 - 07:21 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#4 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:12 AM

Oh ok, i thought there was a way of adjusting the size of the screen on the emu itself without having to do all of that?

I know ive done it before, as was mentioned on here but couldnt remember how to do it.

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

Far easier to do what I’ve said above and you’ll love the newer emulator with all its new games like dond and party times to name a few

#6 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:08 PM

There was a option in Preferences called "Shrink to Fit", if you have that, make sure it's checked.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#7 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:04 PM

I REALLY need you help guys.

As you know i was running the old MFME 10.1, 2.0, 3.0 you name it and both JPM and BFM emulators all stored on my CD, but think i have had my anit-virus delete EVERY single file that i once had.....

My games, my downloads and emulators are all gone and CDs have totally wiped themselves.

Because i am so behind with the times and all these new emulators can someone please help me run all these older games (i once had stored) and please explain how i get them running again and what to do?

Is it just 1 runs all now, or is it the way i used to do it?

Many thanks.

#8 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:06 PM

Far easier to do what I’ve said above and you’ll love the newer emulator with all its new games like dond and party times to name a few

What about the older layouts that were made in 2010-2015?

What emulators do I run to get these to work if downloaded from the site?

#9 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:11 PM

Id love it if someone would kindly talk me through it and really would appreciate the help as devastated that all files are gone.

I would more than happily donate something to running of the site as I have always been very greatful for the help, so feel I need to give something back

Edited by jackpotjon05, 15 April 2020 - 03:14 PM.

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:38 PM

firstly as said in order to get the newer versions of mfme v5/5.1- v6.1 and v19 you will need to join desertislandfruits once verified you will get all the help needed on there, as its more active than this site nowadays

once you have mfme v5.1 you simply load a layout say 777 heaven for instance. when you exit the game it will say "do you wantto save on exit" or something like that, just click on the "yes" tab and it will save.

ALL older games from this site pre October 2016  final one was Eigth Wonder will run in mfme v5.1 but in order to play them in the latest emulator (currently MFME V19/19.8) you need to save them all first.

if you download say my latest on here "emmerdale" then you'll need mfmev19.8 to play it

But again i seriously advice you to join desertislandfruits before you donate here as its a more updated site!!!

http://www.desertisl...dex.php?/files/

https://www.fruitemu...#comment-292315

Edited by vectra666, 15 April 2020 - 05:42 PM.

#11 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:20 PM

firstly as said in order to get the newer versions of mfme v5/5.1- v6.1 and v19 you will need to join desertislandfruits once verified you will get all the help needed on there, as its more active than this site nowadays

once you have mfme v5.1 you simply load a layout say 777 heaven for instance. when you exit the game it will say "do you wantto save on exit" or something like that, just click on the "yes" tab and it will save.

ALL older games from this site pre October 2016  final one was Eigth Wonder will run in mfme v5.1 but in order to play them in the latest emulator (currently MFME V19/19.8) you need to save them all first.

if you download say my latest on here "emmerdale" then you'll need mfmev19.8 to play it

But again i seriously advice you to join desertislandfruits before you donate here as its a more updated site!!!

http://www.desertisl...dex.php?/files/

https://www.fruitemu...#comment-292315

Thanks ill pop over there. 

Got v6.1 running but downloading games like Ricochet from here and put it into folder with 6.1 but doesn't seem to run?

#12 g555xtc

g555xtc

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:24 PM

you need to renew the emulator, sign up @ Desertislandfruits, once verified

download mfme v5.1 this is for converting older dat.files to the newer fml.file 

then download the very latest emulator currently Mfme v19 which only runs on windows10 you can then update it to v19.8 within the emulator these emulators will rescale ALL layouts to fit on laptops etc plus there's many, many more layouts that have been created since 2016

if your laptop only runs windows 7 & 8 then mfme v6.1 is for you

Hi sorry to but in, but what application do you open 5.1 in as it seems to either search the internet or use vlc, doesn't open like a normal mfme. Not sure how to convert the dat to fml, do you have to do them all individually? Thanks! 

#13 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:27 PM

Hi sorry to but in, but what application do you open 5.1 in as it seems to either search the internet or use vlc, doesn't open like a normal mfme. Not sure how to convert the dat to fml, do you have to do them all individually? Thanks! 

v5.1 is the emulator, after unzipping it will be an .exe file. You are best getting the version over at Desertislandfruits.com.

To make a .fml file, you simply load the .dat layout into mfme v5.1 and then go to close it, it will say save yes or no, say yes and it will automatically create a .fml file, which can be used in the latest version v19. You'll need to do this for all .dat layout files, you want to play in v19.

if you're not a member over at www.desertislandfruits.com, sign up.

Make an introductory post about yourself and your fruit machine likes etc.... Over there you'll then be able to download v5.1 and v19 which is the latest version.

Donating at DIF is not compulsory, but you'll get restricted download access. Donating gets you full access to everything and support from people like me, who will appreciate the fact you have made a donation.

Edited by wearecity, 15 April 2020 - 10:28 PM.

#14 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:09 AM

v5.1 is the emulator, after unzipping it will be an .exe file. You are best getting the version over at Desertislandfruits.com.

To make a .fml file, you simply load the .dat layout into mfme v5.1 and then go to close it, it will say save yes or no, say yes and it will automatically create a .fml file, which can be used in the latest version v19. You'll need to do this for all .dat layout files, you want to play in v19.

Make an introductory post about yourself and your fruit machine likes etc.... Over there you'll then be able to download v5.1 and v19 which is the latest version.

Donating at DIF is not compulsory, but you'll get restricted download access. Donating gets you full access to everything and support from people like me, who will appreciate the fact you have made a donation.

Posted a thread on this over a Desert Island Fruits as having trouble opening 5.1 file, so if anyone could assist id really appreciate it.

Looks like because ive downloaded it once, I cant start again as now saying ''you do not have permission to download this file'' im assuming because ive done it once, but now its in my folder unzipped I don't know if I can do anything with it.

#15 g555xtc

g555xtc

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:42 AM

Amazing thanks, I found it on there now and opens fine. 

#16 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:10 AM

Posted a thread on this over a Desert Island Fruits as having trouble opening 5.1 file, so if anyone could assist id really appreciate it.

Looks like because ive downloaded it once, I cant start again as now saying ''you do not have permission to download this file'' im assuming because ive done it once, but now its in my folder unzipped I don't know if I can do anything with it.

Make a folder on your desktop titled mfme? Then extract the zipped file into it, keep the zipped up file in case it goes tits up
You should then install it I installed my to the desktop

#17 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:00 PM   Best Answer

•  
  • 20 posts
  • February 10, 2019

Now I really am confused.

Just downloaded 5.1 and put it into my folder.

Went into fruit emu and downloaded ''Andys Great Escape'' and ran perfectly in 5.1.

Ive exited the game (as advised) and saved it and now it launches in 6.1 also, but whats the difference?

I was under the understanding that 5.1 isn't an emulator, but a converter but it runs in this, which I cant get my head around because this seems to contradict everything I have been trying to do

•  
  •  
  • 21 posts
  • February 10, 2019

I cant understand whats going on here.

Now ive downloaded ''Barcode'' from the BFM section of fruit-emu and now running it in mfme 5.1 it says unsupported platform.

So can I please ask how do I make this run, as did everything you've said and loaded in 5.1 first, exited but no option to save?

#18 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:42 PM

While we are on this subject of emulators, on a slightly different note does any one or can please explain why when I ran ''Ricochet'' yesterday on the JPM emu of Fruit-emu why it ran perfectly yesterday and now its running REALLY slowly today?

Is it something to do with the machine paying out and ''thinking'' as it were a bit like Duff Beer Guide after a large payout?

Just finding that one strange and hoping someone has the answer?

And just another quick one....

If MFME wont run any JPM or BFM emulated game, I see the JPM available under downloads but cant seem to find the BFM one to play those games any longer?

How can you run those if there is no emulator to play them on?

My apologies if I am wrong, but cant seem to see one in downloads

Edited by jackpotjon05, 16 April 2020 - 12:44 PM.

#19 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:59 PM

Bfm and Jpm were these found under the bfmemulator and jpemu if so then these won’t run in any mfme emulator
You need to download layouts from mfme sections for the mfme emulator as said any game in the mfme sections pre October 2016 will
run in mfme v5 bu in order to play them in the later v6-19 they need converting. Most new layouts will say what emulator is needed this is the minimum version it can be ran in so say v6.1 will run in v19.8 etc
All layouts for mfme 1.0/2.0/2.1/3.2/9.4 & 10.1 require converting to the newer fml. File in mfme v5.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users