Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

MachineBase! New way to find and download exactly the Layout that you want!

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#41 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

how about putting your obvious talent @fruitnutter, and make a custom front end for MFME, somthing like MGALAXY, but custom made for  mfme?

i think that will have some support from members.......

http://www.mgalaxy.com/(link for those of you who dont know what MGALAXY is)

you could even include tabs to search by layout author, which tech, (ie MPU5, impact, M1A etc) , by manufactor,  machines by year of release, etc....

any thoughts on this anyone? im just thinking out loud again............ its a piece of software that i would most definatly be interested in using. :)

obviously a front end would NOT have an option to download layouts... :biglaugh: :twitcy: :biglaugh:

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#42 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

Vectra has asked for his (her?)

Teehee, made me chuckle :)

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#43 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:13 PM

Unlikely, the second something comes along that could do it, no one appears to want it. Doesn't make sense to me.

In fact, it's not that no one appears to want it, it's like they actively want to stop the scene becoming better.

Dont think anyone wants the scene to stop getting bigger. We want to,like i said before encourage people to get involved and this software doesn't help in anyway it just bypasses the sites completely.

I think the other fact is that you are a new member?? that seems to know a lot about FME and coming into the scene and dropping this on everyone without some sort of, getting feedback on your idea's and not getting permission of anyone about using there stuff.

Neophyte hit on the head when he said

"mfme layout downloads are in a shocking state across 3/4 sites"

Maybe that,yes an update on fruit emu is need to update the downloads and looking at a new way into search into downloads to say find all tommy c's or vectra's layouts plus add a new mfme 6 section but this is going to take time and someone behind the site to complete.

Edited by evo1, 05 October 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#44 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:15 PM

Dont think anyone wants the scene to stop getting bigger. We want to,like i said before encourage people to get involved and this software doesn't help in anyway it just bypasses the sites completely.

I think the other fact is that you are a new member?? that seems to know a lot about FME and coming into the scene and dropping this on everyone without some sort of, getting feedback on your idea's and not getting permission of anyone about using there stuff.

Maybe that,yes an update on fruit emu is need to update the downloads and looking at a new way to search into downloads to say find all tommy c's or vectra's layouts plus add a new mfme 6 section but this is going to take time and someone behind the site to complete.

Sorry for the double post here :twitcy:

Edited by evo1, 05 October 2018 - 06:19 PM.

#45 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:19 PM

Teehee, made me chuckle :)

Was no offense intended or implied, I just didn't know, and in these days of ridiculously over the top political correctness, one can never be too sure!

obviously a front end would NOT have an option to download layouts... :biglaugh: :twitcy: :biglaugh:

maybe I'll make a front end another time, I've sort've lost interest now.

It was my intention to help build things to make it stronger, but my attempts appear to have backfired, so for now I think best if I stop!

#46 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

I would just stick with MFME more simpler imo

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#47 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

Maybe that,yes an update on fruit emu is need to update the downloads and looking at a new way into search into downloads to say find all tommy c's or vectra's layouts plus add a new mfme 6 section but this is going to take time and someone behind the site to complete.

It's very simple to find all layouts released by a single creator.
Take mine for instance You simply click on one of my layouts say Monte Carlo or Bust then find the view other files from this member under my avatar then click on it, it will then take you to what I've uploaded since sept 2012 all 10 pages

Edited by vectra666, 05 October 2018 - 06:29 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#48 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Admittedly the download section is in a state and is in urgent need of updating same goes for the gallery sections but I've never encountered a problem downloading games although the search bar needs updated to accommodate three letters.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#49 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Was no offense intended or implied, I just didn't know, and in these days of ridiculously over the top political correctness, one can never be too sure!

maybe I'll make a front end another time, I've sort've lost interest now.

It was my intention to help build things to make it stronger, but my attempts appear to have backfired, so for now I think best if I stop!

Your hopefully good intentions certainly did backfire.

Reg's comment "Was not sure how to address you considering the multiple accounts you have at DIF !" doesn't look good tbh.

Why would you even need multiple accounts there?

Edited by wearecity, 05 October 2018 - 06:39 PM.

#50 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

Your hopefully good intentions certainly did backfire.

Reg's comment "Was not sure how to address you considering the multiple accounts you have at DIF !" doesn't look good tbh.

Why would you even need multiple accounts there?

Indeed, if your intentions were you do something for the scene then great, but do your homework first. Getting blessings from authors and designers would of been the best route and the members could of helped you come up with the best solution that might of been a compromise to suit all. Clearly appearing on the scene and going 100 miles and hour upsetting the apple cart has caused some pushback here.

Having said that, although I admit to not reading all of your threads/post it seems clear to me that you are no stranger to the scene, I'm sure others can see this too. If you want to evolve within or return to the scene then great and it's clear you have some skills you can bring to the table. But being open and transparent about it will speak volumes about you intentions.

I hope you can understand peoples reservations, take on board and join in. :)

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#51 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

God guys,someone tries to add something I personally think could be really good for the scene and everyone starts biting the poor guys head off,bloody filthy,no wonder its been so friggin turbulent throughout time,and so many peeps have gone awol it's just not good for morale.I can't understand why people wouldnt want their creations dispersed amongst the public,so they can enjoy playing them just as much as the layout designers enjoyed creating them,lets face it,it's always been the same,secrecy and cliquey,marred with greed and backstabbing as far back as i can remember,take the small ammount of peeps who had the tools to create layouts and noone else was allowed them,only due to a hacked 9.4 it would possibly still be the same.all i can say is thank god the actual fruit machine companies have not got the same attitudes as I can see here.I thought this scene wasnt about money but it seems to me thats exactly what its become,im bloody damn well saddened by it.

If you look carefully enough on the net you can find many many layouts for a small fee,don't get me wrong i dont agree with it,but i feel by coveting layouts like gold dust is just damaging to the scene and thats my opinion and im sticking to it :D

All i can say is thankyou first off to the fruit machine companies for giving me so much enjoyment over the years,without them none of us would be here now,FACT!,Do you see them charging us for the use of their copyrighted roms, graphics and technology of which some designer created in the first place NO!!!,reguardless of how you get about the legalities,I understand websites like this need income especially if the owners are not exactly rolling in it.

Im sorry but the greed is really shining through instead of the love of the scene which should really be foremost!!!

Good on you fruitnutter for trying to do something positive for the scene I appreciated it mate and I'm not out to make a fast buck either,you can all take that however you like.

Some things never change do they?

Unbelievable!!!

I also note there are no real tutorials to help new users to start creating and enjoying just as you do Why?

think about it?

Edited by Bungle, 05 October 2018 - 08:00 PM.

<p>If it ain't Broke Fix It Anyway!

#52 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:08 PM

I also note there are no real tutorials to help new users to start creating and enjoying just as you do Why?

think about it?

http://www.desertisl...-new-designers/

Attached File  MFME.png   141.61KB   0 downloads

#53 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

Unbelievable!!!

think about it?

errrmmm..Reg has a "layout for dummys" guide over at DIF.....

EDIT

LOL. Reg just beat me to it above...

Edited by shaun2097, 05 October 2018 - 08:13 PM.

#54 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

errrmmm..Reg has a "layout for NEW DESIGNERS" guide over at DIF.....

...and it took so many hours to write and has allowed some people to start designing which is awesome. :)

For the couple of new creators it made - it was worth every single moment of time.

Infact - if I think of all the time I've put into MFME over the years with designing or what not - if I'd written that years earlier we may have had more designers - if only I had a time machine or I can ask John Titor to post this when he came back in search for his IBM machine a few years ago - actually that's not a bad idea !

Edited by Reg, 05 October 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#55 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:15 PM

I stand corrected in that department,but the rest im sticking too :D

#56 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

No layout creators have asked for money and you can come here and desert island and download for FREE what pisses people off is that layouts take time to create  and wizards time and effort in keep updating FME with NO CASH exchanged then there sites that do cost money to run and with the generous of people donating (If they wish) help towards this. 

In my eyes this keeps people away from the site. It is a good tool that would be useful in/on a forum but not like that.

I had a thought the other day of cause there are members over at mecca the own some really nice gems which we dont have in FME land paying for photos of them and along as the roms are available everyones a winner but wheres the money coming from??? Out of funds made by people yet again who have a love for the scene. Just to be taken without as much as a thanks.

Edited by evo1, 05 October 2018 - 08:28 PM.

#57 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

shaun2097, on 05 Oct 2018 - 9:37 PM, said:snapback.png

errrmmm..Reg has a "layout for NEW DESIGNERS" guide over at DIF.....

...and it took so many hours to write and has allowed some people to start designing which is awesome. :)

For the couple of new creators it made - it was worth every single moment of time.

Infact - if I think of all the time I've put into MFME over the years with designing or what not - if I'd written that years earlier we may have had more designers - if only I had a time machine or I can ask John Titor to post this when he came back in search for his IBM machine a few years ago - actually that's not a bad idea !

yeah, i relised too late that id got the name wrong....but im a dummy anyway. :)

Edited by shaun2097, 05 October 2018 - 08:21 PM.

#58 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

Don't try to be to clever shaun,don't insinuate im a dummy just because i didnt know there was a guide available,what about the rest of the stuff i wrote,no comment or should i write a dummies guide for full replies to all issues in a post? lol

#59 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

No layout creators have asked for money and you can come here and desert island and download for FREE what pisses people off is that layouts take time to create  and wizards time and effort in keep updating FME with NO CASH exchanged then there sites that do cost money to run and with the generous of people donating (If they wish) help towards this. 

In my eyes this keeps people away from the site. It is a good tool that would be useful in/on a forum but not like that.

I had a thought the other day of cause there are members over at mecca the own some really nice gems which we dont have in FME land paying for photos of them and along as the roms are available everyones a winner but wheres the money coming from??? Out of funds made by people yet again who have a love for the scene. Just to be taken without as much as a thanks.

yeah you can download a very limited ammount if ya dont pay your subs,they should be totally freely available not just on certain sites if you get my meaning!

#60 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:40 PM

yeah you can download a very limited ammount if ya dont pay your subs,they should be totally freely available not just on certain sites if you get my meaning!

Ya i understand there,but is that not per day? But again we cant just simply have a hit and run thing going on or it will end up with a possible VIP area where creators will upload there work and unless you donate no access or no layout been made at all. We really dont want to go down that route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users