Photo

Wanted : Mech calibration in the NW

Best Answer stanmarsh14, 26 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

Possible I may have an idea if they do a mech service...... could try Maggi Maggi up in Bolton if that is any use?

They used to be quite a big name in the arcade trade for PCB repairs and the like....

http://www.maggimaggi.co.uk/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Krakers

Krakers

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

I've got between 20 and 80 mechs that need calibrating and also require the 2012 10p adding. The reason for the wide range is I'm constrained by price -v- necessity (cheap enough do the lot, not so do what's needed now).

I've read through the forums and wondered if anyone near(ish) to Wigan has the kit and still does this ?

Cheers.

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

That's a lot of mechs!

There must be someone reasonably near to you... Presumably you could travel as far as Manchester if necessary?

What make and model of mech are they?

#3 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

I know someone in Newark that does this, but too far.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#4 Krakers

Krakers

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Nearest place I found is Hull which isn't exactly that near !

I'd say 75% are CF126's. There's a good mix in the remaining 25% including SR3,SR5,IME (multiple models) and even a Mars 126 in there too.

They're in live use so can't really be sent off. It may be cheaper to buy in pre-calibrated replacements and possibly exchange the existing ones.

Feel free to PM me if you can help !

Cheers.

#5 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Nearest place I found is Hull which isn't exactly that near !
I'd say 75% are CF126's. There's a good mix in the remaining 25% including SR3,SR5,IME (multiple models) and even a Mars 126 in there too.
They're in live use so can't really be sent off. It may be cheaper to buy in pre-calibrated replacements and possibly exchange the existing ones.
Feel free to PM me if you can help !
Cheers.

I will ask around. Really you need an off-duty engineer to nip in over a weekend and do them all in-situ, ideally?

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:31 PM   Best Answer

Possible I may have an idea if they do a mech service...... could try Maggi Maggi up in Bolton if that is any use?

They used to be quite a big name in the arcade trade for PCB repairs and the like....

http://www.maggimaggi.co.uk/

#7 Krakers

Krakers

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi aaa - that would be spot on, and an ideal solution.

Sado - already with Maggi Maggi who could provide calibrated units for us to swap out, but not calibrate the existing ones on site.

I'm currently considering taking 10 at a time down and potentially getting them done overnight (at Maggi), although this may not pan out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#8 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm currently considering taking 10 at a time down and potentially getting them done overnight (at Maggi), although this may not pan out.

Not going to be easy any which way you look at it.

Bit of a long shot, but you ever thought of buying in some mech's to cover for breakdowns and upgrades like this, and just use those to cover yourself till you are sorted out?

If you are looking for some cheap mech's, be worth contacting richie100 on here, as I am sure he had a number of mech's not long back..... don't think they are covered for new steel 10p's, but I do know he does not want a great deal for them, and could poss do you a deal on a number of them.

#9 Krakers

Krakers

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

Will bite the bullet and take a bunch over to Maggi tonight.

Thanks for all the help guys - it's appreciated.

#10 Krakers

Krakers

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

All done - same day turn around at Maggi Maggi.

Cheers to everyone that posted.

#11 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

Hi Krakers, what is the company in Hull that calibrates mech's?

Thx.

#12 Krakers

Krakers

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Hi fevernova - just PM'd you the details.

Cheers.

#13 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Is there not a way you can add coins yourself? Like the 2012 10p? Or do you need a kit?

#14 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

Is there not a way you can add coins yourself? Like the 2012 10p? Or do you need a kit?

Depends on the mech in question, but generaly you do need to send em off for re-calibration.

However, I know andrew96 over at Classic Reels (Mr P's Amusements etal), found a crude hack on the MARS Cashflow 126 series mech's, where it was possible to use one of the programmable token lines on the mech, to deal with the steel 10p's you talk about, but long term, you realisticaly do need to send them off to be re-programed.

I do have a contact in Leicester area, that offers a service for reprogramming mechs, from £15 delivered (Dependant on the mech, but most MARS / MEI mechs are done at this price), and this is for ALL coin lines on the mech, not just the 1 line etc you normally get at this price.

All UK coins from 5p up to £2 covered, and this includes the new steel type 2011 10p / 5p's.

All MARS / MEI ME 1xx and Cashflow 126 mechs are covered.

For MS 1xx mechs, these can be done, but due to the tight tolerances on this series of mech's, it may not always be possible to adjust to the steel 10p / 5p's.

Cashflow 126 Mech's can be done with no issues, but other Cashflow mech's are not always possible, however in any case, you are advised to forward the make and Model number of the mech concerned, as this can then be used to see if it's possible to do or not.

C335 / C435 / SR5 (Coin / Cash Controls), can also be done at pretty much the same terms

Anyone interested, drop me a PM, and I'll forward you the chaps details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users