mickeyblue's Content

There have been 4 items by mickeyblue (Search limited from 31-March 14)

Sort by                Order  

#332683 New member - Desert island Fruits question ( i know this is a odd question )

Posted by mickeyblue on 24 November 2020 - 04:25 PM in Any Topic Chat

I have since been granted access to the site. Thanks for the assistance to those who have viewed and replied.

#332677 New member - Desert island Fruits question ( i know this is a odd question )

Posted by mickeyblue on 23 November 2020 - 01:40 PM in Any Topic Chat

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply, I first have to have my account activated by and Admin before I can write the introduction.

It seems like a new process has come about within the last 6 months.

See image attached

Thanks,

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• fruit.jpg

#332675 New member - Desert island Fruits question ( i know this is a odd question )

Posted by mickeyblue on 23 November 2020 - 11:54 AM in Any Topic Chat

Hi all,

Im new here, only joining last week. I am an avid collector of arcade machines and have more recently ( due to lockdown) gotten onto collecting fruit machines, my most recent purchase being a 60's Sega Imperial bandit.

I am interested in both the simulated environment as well as the physical hence my joining here and getting involved in the emulators here. I have quite a bit of background with Mame and frontends having built my own cabinets both upright and cocktail.

I have joined here and desert island fruits.. and while joining here has been quite straight forward, I'm still waiting for an Admin to activate my account and thats before I have to introduce myself.

Now, while I have managed to glean that there has been some changes recently to ownership and a recent passing of Wizard ( appreciative of the work of his that im only now very recently experiencing) I am hoping that some members her who I presume are members there might be able to let me know if this is a typical process, is it usual for activation to take several days ?

I must admit that my reason for joining DIF is to be able to get the most recent MFME, the latest that I can find is within this site and obviously is quite outdated and is not something that is very apparent to someone trying to get into this hobby.

I am being honest about my intentions and hope that I can follow through on my intention to become a productive member of the forum. But we all started because of a desire to play- tinker around and experiment. In order to build my arcade machines, I first had to download mame and lurk in the forums and glean information before I could become productive and that's what I am being upfront about here.

the TL;DR - is anyone able to shed light on when DIF will enable new members so that I may join ?

Thanks for reading

Mike

#332681 HDMI Splitter - Help Please

Posted by mickeyblue on 23 November 2020 - 08:50 PM in Any Topic Chat

Hi,

I have had the problem you have described in the past with HDMI splitters and boosters, switches etc.

The main cause for blank screen is that the box does not support the HDMI version output by the main device.

i.e what is the HDMI version output by your laptop and does the splitter support that..... most of the ones i just looked at on amazon are for HDMI 1.4 ( supporting xbox , ps4 , 4k etc ). I have an old tv which while is HD 1080 and has a hdmi port.. it wont work with my chrome cast nor android tv sticks etc.

Silly question, but maybe we can find out what version your laptop will output and see which splitters support that ?