ross's Content

There have been 298 items by ross (Search limited from 31-March 14)

Sort by                Order  

#332864 barcrest hot as hell

Posted by ross on 31 January 2021 - 02:02 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

Roms attached.

Attached Files

#331329 I need rom files please

Posted by ross on 22 April 2020 - 12:29 PM in Real Fruit Machines

not sure if this is what you need but here is what i have http://www.fmedb.com/fme/?dir=.%2FRoms

#330725 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 15 March 2020 - 11:02 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Just to confirm, i have decided to close this down as i was sinking too many hours into this and with the usage rate of about 2 users a day it wasn't worth keeping it going.

i am going to make another site though purely for the fun of it which will be the fmedb arcade. it will be similar to what was on the FmeDB where it will record ins/out with achievements and also bounty's (which will be a new addition).

i just want to thank anyone who spend time uploaded images / machine info etc. im sorry it was ultimately a waste of time. 

#329370 another year older...

Posted by ross on 25 November 2019 - 04:13 PM in Any Topic Chat

Happy birthday Andy, have a good one!

#329251 birthday in the house

Posted by ross on 15 November 2019 - 07:45 AM in Any Topic Chat

thanks all :)

#328758 {ELECTROCOIN}Random Gold £70 DX

Posted by ross on 15 October 2019 - 10:34 PM in Electrocoin

i have tried it but its impossible you'll need to reload the layout into a new fml.file and re-add the images and re add the lamps, try it with one of my layouts for example even if you readded a new decal like i did you'd still wouldn't be able to release as your own as it would still say "ross" on the captions etc so you'd get found out asap upon release. 

not impossible at all, if you have the ability to load a rom and load images and set a lamp number you are good to go.

#328751 {ELECTROCOIN}Random Gold £70 DX

Posted by ross on 15 October 2019 - 06:33 PM in Electrocoin

I.M.O the current lock option isn't worth using as you can still extract the images / edit lamps etc hence why i dont use it. Its made it harder to rip layouts for sure but i would estmate it would take no longer than an hour to make an open layout from a locked one.

#328748 {ELECTROCOIN}Random Gold £70 DX

Posted by ross on 15 October 2019 - 05:41 PM in Electrocoin

depends what version is on there ross released a £10 version i edited it for £8 & £15 only one of each went out via pm. plus ross never added coin effects in the config menu

im a little bit annoyed by this, i am working on the other jp releases (spent 4 more hours on the art last night fine tuning a few bits), why is it that my name isn't on the £15 version. . . .  and why did you feel you should take on the other jp/stakes when i have already said i would?

#328556 Work In Progress- Deal Or No Deal- What's In Your Box £5 DX

Posted by ross on 06 October 2019 - 10:26 AM in WIP for MFME5

Heres a quick and rough example of cleaning lines. its not hard once you have done it a few times (this is a rushed example but hopefully enough to show you its not impossible)

Edit: i have attached an example of one of the worst ones i can remember doing, took me atleast 8 hours I.I.R.C but the payoff was great art to use for the layout.

Attached Thumbnails

• before.jpg
  • after.jpg
  • cc0.jpg
  • cc1.jpg

#328555 Work In Progress- Deal Or No Deal- What's In Your Box £5 DX

Posted by ross on 06 October 2019 - 10:03 AM in WIP for MFME5

i have found i do have the flyer for this, here ( http://www.fmedb.com/fmedb/flyer.zip ) spend time cleaning it up (dont be affraid to ask for help!), it will teach more than "lamping" a tiny image ever will. 

#328554 Work In Progress- Deal Or No Deal- What's In Your Box £5 DX

Posted by ross on 06 October 2019 - 09:59 AM in WIP for MFME5

I have to agree with tommy here, you seem keen on making layouts but dont seem to want to push yourself to do better.

some advice:

1. listen to peoples feedback, there are alot of things you (the designer) become blind to after staring at the same layout for hours.

2. find/buy some good resources, tiny images will always produce shocking layouts unless you are willing to redraw all of the art.

3. if you have trouble with doing part of the layout (red lamps for example) then ask on the forums, learn and then next time you will know what to do.

4. photos are one on the harder formats to work with as there are alot of things that need cleaning before being good enough for a layout, start with a good flyer for your first few layouts if you can.

standards of layouts are higher these days but even back in the 2000's a layout like this would have been shot down in seconds and rightly so, its sounds harsh to say but layouts like this dont belong in fme in 2019 there are plenty of good resources floating around if you dont want to buy any.

#328044 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 29 August 2019 - 07:27 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Just a quick update, machines, images and youtube videos can now be added by everyone. making some good progress now but really could do with some help with older machines.

http://www.fmedb.com/

Thanks

#327722 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 12 August 2019 - 10:26 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Many thanks for the recent releases.

I'm no technical help to anyone but once ive got on top of family matters I am more than happy to donate to the site Ross.

If you pm me your detail re donations and i'l send over £20 will be next week asp.

Look forward to future releases.

Jay

Really appreciate the offer but the money is better off going to fruit emu rather than to me as this is still early days for the fmedb as it has little content at the moment.

On a side note, users can now submit machines (see screenshot) feel free to add any machines that are currentley missing i will be adding the ability to add images tomorrow (or by the end of the week at the latest)

*any new entries added will need to be approved.

Attached Thumbnails

• ss.JPG

#326512 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 20 June 2019 - 10:11 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Hi all so quick update, ive not been as active as i would like recently due to IRL commitments but will be continuing with the releases as soon as i can.

On the subject of the FmeDB, i have noticed that there still hasn't really been people using it (i think the peak was 7 people but looks to be around 1-2 people a day), i have built this site from scratch so if you think there is something that can be improved / implemented, please let me know and i will take a look.

Still looking for help to populate as its a very time consuming job for a couple of people to manage.

Also, The arcade (which im not sure if many people know about as its only had 3 users use it) will be getting some attention soon, i will be adding the ability to set up player made competitions and more social features (will post more when i get them developed)

And finally, just to reiterate on point 2, if you have any feedback about the current state of the site (content, features, ideas etc) Please let mew know, feedback would be most appreciated.

#326441 {MPU5}Nitro - Classic Layout

Posted by ross on 17 June 2019 - 06:31 PM in MPU5

Thanks Wearecity.

#325888 {MPU5}Knight Club 1080p WDX [MFME 6.1]

Posted by ross on 26 May 2019 - 12:29 PM in MPU5

File Name: Knight Club 1080p WDX [MFME 6.1]

File Submitter: ross

File Submitted: 26 May 2019

File Category: MPU5

With thanks to andy-1 for the classic.

https://www.youtube....h?v=76pBYqelLzM

Click here to download this file

#325887 {IMPACT}Monopoly 60th Anniversary Edition 1080p WDX [MFME6.1]

Posted by ross on 26 May 2019 - 12:24 PM in Impact

File Name: Monopoly 60th Anniversary Edition 1080p WDX [MFME6.1]

File Submitter: ross

File Submitted: 26 May 2019

File Category: Impact

With thanks to tommy c for the id / rom help.

Click here to download this file

#325649 Monopoly 60th Anniversary Edition 20p £10

Posted by ross on 07 May 2019 - 06:39 PM in New Releases

Updated zip uploaded, download again for latest version Cheers Tommy, plays a much better game now. got the top set within £6 :)

#325608 Monopoly 60th Anniversary Edition 20p £10

Posted by ross on 05 May 2019 - 11:08 PM in New Releases

hmm, thought something was off i will update the switches, as for the rom this was the only £10 one i could find i will have another look.

#325595 Monopoly 60th Anniversary Edition 20p £10

Posted by ross on 05 May 2019 - 10:25 AM in New Releases

Fantastic game and release Ross,alas it is as tight as a monkey's hole!

As anybody had a jackpot yet on the slot -i'm £250 in for £40 out with no sniff of a jackpot.!

Never seen a skill/skill nudge on the community/chance reel either.

Is it a ram that blocks jackpots etc as I can't gamble past £4 either!!! :err:

I only recall playing the £15 version of this and it gave a much better game.

Maybe a happy ram would help,as I feel like i'm losing my money for real lol.

Jay

Agreed, in all the time i spent playing i never got a single jackpot either. . . . i will be doing a layout for all stakes we have roms for though so £15jp will be coming :)

#325564 Monopoly 60th Anniversary Edition 20p £10

Posted by ross on 02 May 2019 - 11:06 PM in New Releases

Big thanks goes to Tommy c for helping me id the font.

The layout can be found on the FmeDB will be uploaded here in 2 weeks.

https://www.youtube....h?v=PPnTSkxMrkM

Attached Thumbnails

• Monopoly 60th Anniversary Edition-Jpm-Impact-AWP-1556465540.jpg

#325446 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 28 April 2019 - 06:15 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Just a quick heads up, i will be starting to upload my layouts here (monopoly first) you do not need to be a member to view but you will need to be a member to download.

monopoly will be released Friday (00:01 am) and then uploaded here 2 weeks later.

i will be queuing up more layouts soon too, im hoping to get a release done at least once per week.

Thanks.

#323211 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Wacky Races MDM

Puffing Billy BWB?

Gold Mine BWB

Win-a-Gain BWB

Windfall BWB

Rat Race BWB

Ace Chase BWB

Win Strike BWB

Are these AWP's?

Cash n curry mpu3 PcP CLUB
Chase it AWP MPU3 BwB
Gold award MPU3 Club Barcrest
Hit Line MPU3 AWP BWB

Thanks Innfection, will add now.

#323204 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 08 January 2019 - 11:22 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

also, since the list is so small here is MPU2:

Spotlight AWP Barcrest MPU2

Hi Lights AWP Barcrest MPU2

#323203 Fmedb

Posted by ross on 08 January 2019 - 11:17 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Hi All,

im going to start posting lists by Platform in the hope that people can tell me if there are any missing machines.

If you know of any please could you tell me the name, type (awp, club, swp etc.), manufacturer and platform example: "Fruit Cracker AWP Barcrest MPU3"

to begin with, here is the current MPU3 list:

Fruit Cracker AWP Barcrest MPU3

Snappy Viper AWP Barcrest MPU3

Chances Unlimited AWP Barcrest MPU3

Adders & Ladders AWP Barcrest MPU3

Line Up AWP Barcrest MPU3

Cashcade AWP Bwb MPU3

Super Line Up AWP Barcrest MPU3

Naughty But Nice AWP Barcrest MPU3

Razzle Dazzle AWP Barcrest MPU3

Tuppenny Fair AWP MDM MPU3

Super Adders & Ladders AWP Barcrest MPU3