youbrokeit's Content

There have been 60 items by youbrokeit (Search limited from 26-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#218246 Electrocoin Barx Note Acceptor Query

Posted by youbrokeit on 17 August 2011 - 06:58 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Hey Cardie

Long time!!

Nah, DIP switches was the first place I looked.

It must be something on a loom, or the way the coinmech is wired or something, because there's an identical machine (which I've been using for reference), it has the note acceptor, but even when it's completely disconnected, the machine still works fine.

To be honest, I'm much more familiar with MPU3,4,5 and EPOCH, and don't even really recognise this huge board in these units... what tech are they, anyway?!?!

Thanks

#218215 Electrocoin Barx Note Acceptor Query

Posted by youbrokeit on 16 August 2011 - 08:30 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Sure someone must have come across this? A little bump, not that I'm impatient... I'm just... eager ;)

#218058 Electrocoin Barx Note Acceptor Query

Posted by youbrokeit on 15 August 2011 - 04:51 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi all,

Been a while since I've been here - but I'm back again, and in need of a little advice if you can help.

The machine in question is an ElectroCoin Bar-X type. It's a front-opener, the main-board seems fixed to the back panel.

I've had to butcher a couple to make one "good" machine, however, all I get when I power it on now is "nA" error - logic would say that this is a Note Acceptor fault - the fault being, there isn't one. There was one in the old cab, but this is beyond any repair. Sadly the 'donor' cab that's got the new insides doesn't have the notey, nor does it have a loom for one.

So my question is a simple one - although difficult without a manual!! How can I "inform" the board that it doesn't have - and shouldn't look for - a note acceptor?

Thanks, as ever, for help :)

ybi

#196003 Need Some Cash...

Posted by youbrokeit on 29 June 2010 - 01:32 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi

To answer your question from Manchester to Harrogate would be about an hours drive once your out of Manchester its basicly M62 then A1(M) take the Harrogate turn off and just follow your sat nav to the location of the machines. May take a bit longer in a van however.

Regards

Cliff C

What he said!

Thanks Cliff. The machines are located at HG1. They are on a ground floor, in the conservatory. There is a step down out of the conversatory onto the patio, then a short walk, and 3 steps up to a tarmac driveway. You may or may not be able to get a van down the drive, depending upon your driving skill, bravery, size of van, and how far the trees are leaning that particular day.

As for 'how much will I take'... I really don't know - prices seem to fluctuate a lot, and they're obviously going to be worth a lot less now, than they'd have been a few years ago.

I'd really be interested in your 'best offers' though, and if you don't want to put them here, PM them to me, and we can discuss. I'd also more than happily consider swaps or part exchanges, HOWEVER any part-exchanges must be SMALLER and LIGHTER than the items they're replacing. (i.e. not fruit machines!!)

Things I'd be interested in... LCD TV, Consoles, Mobile Phones, PC gear, Touch screens, or possibly a PC BASED fruity, that kind of thing :)

#195991 Need Some Cash...

Posted by youbrokeit on 28 June 2010 - 09:37 PM in Real Fruit Machines

course I want a sale.

I wouldn't give bacon butties to just anyone!!!

Unfortunately, due to health issues, delivery isn't possible at all, though
if you want to arrange someone to collect, I'm happy to accommodate.

Minus the butties.

#195988 Need Some Cash...

Posted by youbrokeit on 28 June 2010 - 09:22 PM in Real Fruit Machines

As you can tell, the decal in there isn't exactly "Original"... but it's functional.

The original decals for £5 j/p are included though - but no £15 ones.

Would it not be worth your while if the price was good? I can provide coffee / tea and
bacon sandwiches for weary travellers as an added incentive.

Photos of coffee / tea and bacon sandwiches can also be provided. ;)

For a low-tec, Demon Streak is not a bad game at all, though I would put it back on to £15 myself.

Harrogate is just a bit too far out for me, or I may have considered it.

#195979 Need Some Cash...

Posted by youbrokeit on 28 June 2010 - 06:07 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Finally, I've remembered to put the photos up!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#195950 Need Some Cash...

Posted by youbrokeit on 27 June 2010 - 11:49 AM in Real Fruit Machines

lol 50 quid :)

Each? Which one?

I reckon £50 is on the low side really, given the time, investment, and parts I've put into these behemoth boxes to get them to the state they're in now though... If you said £75 each, you'd certainly have a deal though.

Just make sure you bring someone with you to lift!

**** THIS IS MORE URGENT NOW THAN BEFORE, AS I DON'T JUST NEED THE CASH, I ALSO ****
**** NEED SOMEWHERE TO LIVE AFTER ME AND MY PARTNER HAVE RECENTLY SEPARATED!!!! ****

#194321 Need Some Cash...

Posted by youbrokeit on 05 May 2010 - 07:51 AM in Real Fruit Machines

After spending god knows how long getting these two sorted and good, I now need to realise some cash for my two fruties. If anyone would like to offer a valuation; or even make an offer to buy, I would be very interested to hear from you. I'm located in HG1 - about 15mins off the A1, nice and close to Leeds, York etc.

First one is an EPOCH Club Fruit'n'Nudge - fully working, full decals, a few bulbs out, otherwise good nick. It has a fully updated NV4 in too (no back-box though) - the yellow paint around the buttons could do with touching up - I never got around to it. Modded the refil switch to be a 3 way - pos1 = refil, pos2 = normal mode, pos3 = demo. Great for home play.

Second is a 'Demon Streak' MPU5 in exceptionally good condition - only decals for £5 jp (and my naff printed ones for £25 jp!) - it's a really nice player for a low-tech. This is now set on 25p/£25 but can streak more than this.

Both cabinets are sound, locks and keys provided, usual stuff.

I've got some photos if they'd help, and can upload them later today.

Cheers all - please help these dearly loved machines go to a good home.

Edit: *begging* not even a realistic valuation?? please?

#194101 Coin Mech / Diverter Error - Red Mpu5

Posted by youbrokeit on 23 April 2010 - 01:55 PM in Real Fruit Machines

That's the strange thing... I didn't change any routing plugs.

The one that was originally in the RED had a few jumpers, and not much else.
The one that was originally in the EPOCH was almost full of jumpers, and it
looked like there might have been some diodes or resistors too - I didn't
look THAT closely.

Routing Plug = double row plug with jumpered pairs?
Override Plug= single or two wires on a single row?

Just to make sure I have the right terminology.

At least it all works fine NOW - that's the main thing.

#194080 Coin Mech / Diverter Error - Red Mpu5

Posted by youbrokeit on 22 April 2010 - 01:03 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Could be, Baz.

Putting my DemonStreak mech into my Club Fruit'n'Nudge, I didn't even connect the white override cable, and it's working fine. I guess the EPOCH controls the divert in a different way to the MPU5. It's been a long time since I had an MPU, and then it was a great ol' Rocky Horror MPU4 (if I remember rightly!)

#194079 Designing A Usb Fruit Machine Controller

Posted by youbrokeit on 22 April 2010 - 01:01 PM in General FME Discussion

I guess it's a pretty good idea.

There's some customisable USB keyboard controls you can get - which I guess is
going to be the way you'll get the input back into the software? I've worked
with those in some radio studio automation systems before.

Don't forget on a standard USB port, you can only pull 500mA at +5V - which is
pretty damn pants. So you're going to need to provision an external PSU - you
will want a +24V feed and a +12V feed as a minimum, 12V for the lamps, 24V for
the CoinMech.

You could develop this even further - get involved with the developers of MFME
or whichever emu you favour, and ask them to provide some form of controller
output - say, over serial, then you could actually have hold lights that flash,
hell, you could even quite crudely get it to pay out if you won!!

I think it has potential, but cost, size etc. are going to be an issue... your
standard coin-mech is about 8-10inches tall! So it'd end up being a pretty big
box.

Good luck though - I'm happy to input where I can :)

#194037 nv4 note acceptor

Posted by youbrokeit on 19 April 2010 - 08:38 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Aye, definitely has to be easy - even I managed to do it.

In fact, I even managed to reprogram my NV4 with the new note-faces, so it'd take the latest £20 notes.

A bit of fiddling, and you're sorted!

#194014 Coin Mech / Diverter Error - Red Mpu5

Posted by youbrokeit on 19 April 2010 - 02:44 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Have you tried using a cashflow 126 dfx mech in it??? also what machince is it and are use using correct routing plugs???

Hi Pricey

I don't have anything other than what I have - and helpfully, none of it is labelled. It has *a* routing plug, which may or may not be the right one, and I have a choice of two 'divert override' plugs, each with a single white wire. One is to the pin furthest from the 'key' - the other, the second furthest.

The machine is a RED Gaming DEMON STREAK LowTech, in a front-opening, side-hinged cabinet, with a domed top - I hope you know the one I mean!

Update: I've just looked at the behaviour of 10p coins (I didn't have any at previous tests!) and they divert 'front right', so the flappy thing works, it must be the routing plug.

So, what I really need is:

Front Left - 10p to cashbox
Rear Left - £1 to cashbox
REAR RIGHT - £1 to hopper

Front/Rear/Left/Right are in relation to the front of the machine. i.e. the £1 hopper 'slot' is the furthest from the player, on the right.

Can anyone help me with a routing plug, or to rewire the existing?

Thanks!

another update....

I swapped the mech with the mech from my other machine - can't remember what's what, but it's from an EPOCH / MayGay machine, and that mech works - and diverts fine. So I thought my existing mech was faulty. I put the 'faulty' mech into my other machine, and it's working fine, diverting fine. How weird is that!

#194010 Coin Mech / Diverter Error - Red Mpu5

Posted by youbrokeit on 19 April 2010 - 01:26 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi all,

Just taken receipt of a nice RED MPU5 low-tech for fun...

There seems to be a problem with the diverter on the coin mech (C435A)

In 'normal' mode, £1 coins divert to the back cashbox, in 'divert' mode,
they go to the 'front' cashbox.

It seems the little 'left-right' flap, which pushes the coin in either
direction isn't operating. I could do with the pinouts etc, so I can
check the operation of the diverter if anyone can help? Or shed any
light on the situation for me?

(I'm using the test routines to operate the divert btw)

Cheers!!

#188766 Anyone want to do a swap?

Posted by youbrokeit on 16 January 2010 - 04:08 PM in Any Topic Chat

Not sure if I should put this in 'real fruities' as it includes them...

I'm after a new machine, either an S16 or a B3, not too fussed which one, any of the usual suspects would be great.

As like so many at present, I'm "cash poor" but I do have my current fruity - Club Fruit'n'Nudge (MayGay / EPOCH), all working and in good nick with locks, keys, AND NOTE ACCEPTOR. As well as this, I have an ALMOST NEW Nokia N97.

The N97 is factory unlocked and unbranded - none of the network crippling. 32GB onboard memory, touch screen, full fold out keyboard, all the 'usual' things but nice little touches like a built in FM TRANSMITTER, so you can play your music through your (car) stereo etc...

Photos, checkmend (proof of legitimacy) certificate can all be provided to serious responders... if I get something nice, I'll chuck £20 into the Fruit-Emu bank too as a goodwill gesture :)

Drop me a line if you're interested... cheers!!

#188753 SWP - INDIE.7z megaupload - A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc megaupload downlo...

Posted by youbrokeit on 16 January 2010 - 11:51 AM in General FME Discussion

The definitive way to sort it out, I'm sorry to say, is NOT to use Sonar or any of the other mouse-pointer things, as it is THOSE which are causing the screen issue, in the way they redraw over the game.

Every game in the package works perfectly on a little laptop I have, connected to a nice LCD touch-screen... it's just like the pub, except no putting money in. 'course, there's no getting money out either though! ha.

As an aside - I was at my local yesterday, and noticed out of the corner of my eye, a FAMILY GUY game on their IND:E box. Don't suppose anyone could lay hands on it for me could they? :)

#185143 Introduce yourself

Posted by youbrokeit on 30 November 2009 - 12:24 PM in Any Topic Chat

"Hello" :)

Welcome from a relative newbie... though I've lurked for a long time!!

#184142 SWP - INDIE.7z megaupload - A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc megaupload downlo...

Posted by youbrokeit on 20 November 2009 - 03:03 PM in General FME Discussion

Apparently, the door is already showing as being open.

Whether that's coming from inde_Cursor.exe or one of the DLLs, I'm unsure as of yet.

C:Logxx.one shows:

17:51:14 - INFO - c:indeMultiHandBlackjackMultiHandBlackjack.exe launched
17:51:16 - INFO - Game connected
17:51:16 - GAME - SHOW_CURSOR
17:51:16 - SHELL - YES
17:51:20 - GAME - USE_CREDIT 50 (door open)
17:51:20 - SHELL - OK
17:51:20 - INFO - Collect allowed
17:52:42 - GAME - USE_CREDIT 50 (door open)
17:52:42 - SHELL - OK
17:52:42 - INFO - Collect allowed
17:54:34 - GAME - USE_CREDIT 50 (door open)
17:54:34 - SHELL - OK
17:54:34 - INFO - Collect allowed

...etc.

So there has to be a 'Test' or 'Config' button. HELP! lol

#184141 SWP - INDIE.7z megaupload - A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc megaupload downlo...

Posted by youbrokeit on 20 November 2009 - 02:44 PM in General FME Discussion

The functions of the DLL we need to use are:

switchopens(x) and
switchcloses(x)

I presume x is the number of the switch. The hardware unit shows there can be 16 separate switches, so I guess x is a hex digit. We're getting closer!

#184140 SWP - INDIE.7z megaupload - A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc megaupload downlo...

Posted by youbrokeit on 20 November 2009 - 02:41 PM in General FME Discussion

*goes away to look into the DLL file*

It *SHOULD* be possible to write a little app that hooks that DLL and will change the state of the switches. Beyond me to write it, I think, but I'll keep digging, to see what I can find. :)

Roderz - do you want to lend me your aardvark???

#184139 Fruit Machine note acceptor faceplate needed!

Posted by youbrokeit on 20 November 2009 - 02:40 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I have that bit.

It has two screw-threads attached to it, which fasten to the glass or a bracket, and then to the note acceptor to hold it in place.

Depending on the bits Roderz sends me to get my notey fixed into my machine, my bit will be surplus and available to the masses. Form an orderly queue. :)

#183800 More EPOCH DIP Switches

Posted by youbrokeit on 16 November 2009 - 10:20 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Ah, but the question is *WHAT* coins, and how many!!! Haha.

If I could force it to take £2.00 credit and the rest in change I'd be happy, but it seems I have an older s/w revision.

#183778 More EPOCH DIP Switches

Posted by youbrokeit on 15 November 2009 - 11:00 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Ah well

If the reels pack up, I can use it as a change machine. Yay. :|

Thanks!

#183774 More EPOCH DIP Switches

Posted by youbrokeit on 15 November 2009 - 10:37 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hopefully a nice easy one for someone - possibly with a manual!!

Is there a DIP Switch to set a note input to give credits, rather than change, or is this hard-programmed?

Ta :)