Reg's Content

There have been 710 items by Reg (Search limited from 31-March 14)

Sort by                Order  

#333521 DIF rejecting my email

Posted by Reg on 07 January 2022 - 10:46 AM in MFME emulation section

Anywhere else i can grab MFME v19 from?

DIF signup is rejecting my email.

It does that with throwaway email address to attempt to combat fake accounts.

#333520 Dif banned

Posted by Reg on 07 January 2022 - 10:45 AM in General FME Discussion

Not comfortable posting my email here if that's what you're saying. Can't seem to be able to PM you either.

Nobody has asked you to do that.  You acknowledge the system generated email it sent you via your email.

This should be the second account you have tried based on your first message on this thread as you said you were banned and I said setup a second account.

#333517 Dif banned

Posted by Reg on 06 January 2022 - 02:47 PM in General FME Discussion

I don't know what you mean by spam settings. I just have a normal email like everyone else. New account is DickyDoodah.

Spam settings are in email Junk / Spam.

Please acknowledge your sign-up email and then I will approve.

#333515 Dif banned

Posted by Reg on 05 January 2022 - 10:42 PM in General FME Discussion

I am a very patient person but if I don't get the email my account will be banned again. Like why is it so hard to send me an email?

Don't blame the site for how your spam settings were setup.

100's of other people don't have a problem and the system is automated when it comes to sending out emails to validate the account.

When you respond to that - I then approve it.

What is the new account name ?

#333509 Dif banned

Posted by Reg on 29 December 2021 - 08:24 PM in General FME Discussion

Does anyone know how to get unbanned from DIF? I just signed up last month wanted to download latest MFME version and got banned for literally no reason. Cheers.

Facts are really important here.

You were not banned for no reason as you were never a member in the first place as you did not respond to the validation email.

1. You signed up on December 21st.  This month.

2. You did not complete the sign up process - you need to respond to the validation email.

Setup another account please as that one is toasted.

#333377 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 08 September 2021 - 11:24 PM in General FME Discussion

Here is another scenario, maybe it wasn't a technical issue, maybe you woke up yesterday morning and decided to have a clear out and get rid of users with duplicate accounts etc... and banned me by mistake.  Unaware of this error, you came on here and came across my comment in the thread, checked if i should of been banned and then unbanned me, posted a screenshot of my profile (which i'm assuming you would still have access to even when banned) and decided to make a mountain out of a mole hill and protest that your website is the only website on the internet which is impervious to any sort of error and to deflect any sort of blame for the mistake back on to the myself.  I know which option i would side on.

Nope.  That would say that I had banned you in the All Recent activity on the right hand side - it shows group movement etc.

#333374 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 08 September 2021 - 01:34 PM in General FME Discussion

I can't correct my statement because when i tried to sign in (several times) last night that is what it said with a picture of a giant padlock.  I have now tried since reading your reply and i am now able to sign in.  Probably just server gremlins

That is nothing to do with the site - do not blame the site for your technical problems locally... ...actually, drop me a PM at DIF with the screen shot please - give evidence of what happened.

What was the exact error message - there is a specific message if you are banned - please share it.  What did it say ?

#333372 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 07 September 2021 - 11:43 PM in General FME Discussion

I have just been banned after being a member for 4 years, is it because i didn't set up 2FA?  I can't remember seeing a post saying we had to have it. 

I hope you are prepared to correct this statement - you are not banned and you last logged in on Monday at 11:11.

pokerhontis99.png

#333364 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 28 August 2021 - 10:17 AM in General FME Discussion

how do you set up a account with DIF?

https://www.desertislandfruits.com

#333362 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 26 August 2021 - 07:56 PM in General FME Discussion

Ive been a member for a few years and I have no access at all now. 

Although I was not going to post here, I have to reply to share the truth here and correct your statement @robinhood75.

You last accessed the site 16 hours ago and also reset your password.

I am expecting a 100% correction of your statement here.

Truth01.png

Truth02.png

#333346 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 13 August 2021 - 08:43 PM in General FME Discussion

Apology accepted ( this really is my final post here tho ).

If you want to sign up at DIF again ( obviously new account name etc ), there is no problem with it and we all move on.

You still will need to go through the New Member part - but misunderstands happen - we're all human. :)

Cheers.

#333344 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 13 August 2021 - 07:22 PM in General FME Discussion

Again sorry you have chosen to take it this way.

For clairty:

- Accounts that are not used and equally do not complete the New Member status get purged, has happened to plenty of others.

- Not banning them allows all the Russian attacks that happened recently with one acutally getting through.

- Purging accounts like this as well stop the duplicate accounts or the sleeper accounts that has also happened in the past - no way of knowing what is what.

- Others that have had purged accounts have signed up again with no problem.

So this will be the last post that I do on this site - I am personally not prepared to be accused of doing something that I did not - although I accept that you acknowledge this is how you've taken it even after I posted saying that is not the intent.

Not going to put myself in the firing line for something that I believe I have not done.

You too take care Dean, but I am done.

#333342 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 13 August 2021 - 06:41 PM in General FME Discussion

Read it how you want - that's not how it was meant.  Sorry if you feel that way.

#333340 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 13 August 2021 - 06:29 PM in General FME Discussion

What ?

I just gave you the reasons - you asked.

I did not treat you like an arsehole either - that is simply wrong - just shared what happened.

#333338 Desert island fruits

Posted by Reg on 13 August 2021 - 05:50 PM in General FME Discussion

Probably the fact you did not get enough rep when you posted to the New Members area and you left the account inactive having not tried to login for oh, nearly two years.

You account got purged.

Untitled.png

#333110 dif down ?

Posted by Reg on 12 June 2021 - 01:57 PM in General FME Discussion

anyone else unable to raise dif

Server update - was detailed in Site News.

#333083 mfme 19

Posted by Reg on 02 June 2021 - 02:37 PM in MFME emulation section

Sorry but Pappy46 is not me. There is another person at my work place that also likes playing the fruits (and knows about emulation because of me). That is why there is a different date of birth, a different username and a different email address?

Well it's not that hard to setup a different email, DOB and username.

The IP address was VERY UNIQUE.

#333068 mfme 19

Posted by Reg on 26 May 2021 - 04:29 PM in MFME emulation section

I have tried to sign up a few times now over the last year or so. It didnt like my hotmail email and when i put my work email in and register i never recieve the email to confirm my account (yes i checked junk). Gave up in the end

This is simply not true from what I am seeing.

You signed up as Pappy46 and posted on 9th Feb this year...

"Hi Everyone, loved playing the old school fruits, likes of addams family, simpsons, psycho cash beast, then moved onto the newer DOND types which were highly addictive thanks to Noel Edmonds. would love to be able to play these again without the effort of travelling to an arcade. "

...you are now in the Duplicate Account groups as you created another account called mrrix.

You did have a perfectly good working account and you posted to the New Members area and got the required rep to be in before you made a duplicate account this week.

We also have a no under 18 policy and both those accounts have DIFFERENT birthdays.

#333030 Introduce yourself

Posted by Reg on 07 May 2021 - 07:20 PM in Any Topic Chat

I'd like to join DIF but I think I need to talk to Reg privately due to a human error on my part when trying to sign up in the past

Your account of Sarah_Ratt has been approved, as before the error is you've not read the FAQ or introduced yourself in the New Member area.

Everything is in yours hands and out of mine.

#332678 New member - Desert island Fruits question ( i know this is a odd question )

Posted by Reg on 23 November 2020 - 08:28 PM in Any Topic Chat

That process is not new - you need to wait for the Admin to approve you.

#332093 wont let me download

Posted by Reg on 27 June 2020 - 08:01 AM in General FME Discussion

I have reset your reputation to 0, you had better do an out of this world introduction post - I am sitll not convienced - but let's see what the members say as it's in their hands.

Don't forget to mention in your intro post that you have previously been banned for setting up a duplicate account - honesty goes a long way.

You now have New Member access... ...again.

#332055 (busy)

Posted by Reg on 22 June 2020 - 04:49 PM in Any Topic Chat

That problem should have gone away forever following a fix today - so all is well.

#331992 Old Dave Pook games? MFME 2 etc

Posted by Reg on 16 June 2020 - 10:02 AM in General FME Discussion

www.dxcellent.com

#331976 dadsfme not loading

Posted by Reg on 15 June 2020 - 12:31 PM in Any Topic Chat

what issues?

Nothing for you to worry about ! :wubclub:

It's all back now...

#331957 MFME v19

Posted by Reg on 14 June 2020 - 04:14 PM in General FME Discussion

How come i cant get approval to download anything? I have responded to the verification email i was sent but i still cant get approval to download anything off the website. Please can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

PM'img members hassling for stuff does not count BTW.