cliffc's Content

There have been 110 items by cliffc (Search limited from 22-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#331972 dadsfme not loading

Posted by cliffc on 15 June 2020 - 10:22 AM in Any Topic Chat

I think this may be related to the fact there is also no access to Desert Island Fruits at this time as well, I am sure that both of these sites share the same host 

#329027 {MPU4 Video}BWB Vegas Poker

Posted by cliffc on 30 October 2019 - 09:26 PM in MPU4 Video

Hi

:Looking at the prize values I am guessing this was an export machine as you can win 5000 and at the time this machine was made you could not have that large a win in the UK, I don't even think the IOM allowed wins of this size

#328463 Is it my paranoia or do machines tease you with your last spin?

Posted by cliffc on 29 September 2019 - 12:07 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi

I am not sure about this but I am pretty sure I read once somewhere that the GC have rules that machines are not meant to be programmed to do this, but I am pretty sure that this is the case

#328136 help please

Posted by cliffc on 06 September 2019 - 11:09 AM in General FME Discussion

Hi Radders

Your issue here is that you don't have a program to open the RAR archive file you need to download a program I believe 7zip is a free program that will do this for you, once you have download this you will be able to open that file and then extract the files within the RAR archive to whatever folder you  save your layout files in use C:\games but place them in what ever folder you want to use, once you have done this you an open your version of MFME and open the game to play in the program

#328024 Possible Dead Laptop

Posted by cliffc on 27 August 2019 - 10:56 AM in Any Topic Chat

I would do the following with both machines.

1. Remove the power lead

2. If the unit has a battery that you can take out remove this

3. Wait for about 5 mins with the lead and battery out

4. Press the power button, this should discharge any residual power.

5. Replace the battery and the power and then switch on it should them boot up.

If this does not work, try downloading a copy of the windows 10 hirens boot disk on a machine that works place this on a USB stick and see if you can boot up with this, it has many utility's on this one of which will allow to remove any passwords on the laptop. If your into your PC repair I would recommend buying a Zalman Hard drive enclosure, and a small 2.5" Hard Drive, the reason for this is you load up ISO files on this machine and it will boot as if it were a CD drive you can also use it as normal backup drive.

#328012 {mpu2}Spot Light (DX)

Posted by cliffc on 26 August 2019 - 01:55 PM in MPU2

Hi

Yes I forgot about the bookies and the on line factor,

Some of the club machines of the MPU3 and 4 era have been done however they may only work on older versions of the emulator club games from other makers from the same era have also been done have a search in the download section here and at other emu sites, you may find the club game you want to play

#327961 {mpu2}Spot Light (DX)

Posted by cliffc on 24 August 2019 - 02:22 PM in MPU2

Hi Frig

I have just give this layout a good half hour play while making a video for my you tube channel, and excellent job you have done of this machine. From the Barcrest light era, Spotlight, Hi-Light and the little seen (unless you worked or played in a bingo hall in the 80s Flashlight).

Flashlight is a very lo-tech machine from Barcrest (and when I say lo-tech I mean lo-tech these machines made Bar x look exciting) however it did have a £50 cash jackpot, on 10p play, although it did have start buttons on the side of the cabinet most bingo halls did not have them enabled so the game would auto start as soon as you put in your 10p or 50p with 40p change, it did have autohold  but no nudges at all, but the auto play allowed for a much faster game play and allowed the bingo hall owner to extract the cash from the grannies much faster, that said if we had the roms for this I would not mind seeing a release of this as I could not play as I worked in the bingo hall and we could not play.

#327959 {mpu2}Spot Light (DX)

Posted by cliffc on 24 August 2019 - 01:28 PM in MPU2

Hi

Yes the arcades were packed in the 80's for several reasons I have listed my reasons below

1. The machines played much better games

2. People had more disposable income.

3. £20 could last you all day at the seaside (for machine play only) as long as you had some idea how to play the machines.

4. There were very good 2p machines so even if you had a lesser budget you could still have a darn good play

5. You could smoke in arcades (not that is an issue for me I don't)

#327949 ASTRA BATMAN BEGINS

Posted by cliffc on 23 August 2019 - 10:49 AM in Any Topic Chat

Hi

Yes I forgot about that one I did like that one and will slip a quid or 2 in if I see one, and they also did not explore the double decker style game past the Party time one, on the plus site though at least Astra are still making reel based games un like Barcrest (SG games) that have gone all video.

#327928 ASTRA BATMAN BEGINS

Posted by cliffc on 21 August 2019 - 07:31 PM in Any Topic Chat

Hi

Yes that would have been the way to go for them, although I have to say that Party Games is the only multiplayer from Astra I don't like, I cannot put my finger on why this is the case but I have never got away with that game from them, But on the bullion bar clone thing, some of there standalone machines are also clones of Bullion Bars, for example all of the Streaking variations are just bullion bars but with a certain streak when you get the feature.

#327924 ASTRA BATMAN BEGINS

Posted by cliffc on 21 August 2019 - 04:17 PM in Any Topic Chat

Hi

Lets be honest nearly every Astra multplayer since year dot has been a clone of either Party Time or Bullion Bars

#327735 Maygay's Sprint on eBay again

Posted by cliffc on 13 August 2019 - 12:57 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi

I have played this machine but not at this stake prize, I remember playing this in Nobles on £2.40 jackpot and 2p stake, it gave a good game at this setting

#326870 Maygay's Club Great Escape classic (With sounds)

Posted by cliffc on 02 July 2019 - 03:48 PM in Epoch

Hi

Thanks for this update, I just downloaded the sound ROMS and added them my self to your original layout, Look out for a video of your classic on my You Tube emulation site soon

#326671 New layout section needed for updated MFME games?

Posted by cliffc on 25 June 2019 - 03:53 PM in MFME emulation section

Hi Tommy

I don't know who the Administrator is but at a guess I would say its the person who owns the site, unless of course the owner has delegated more users to be admins for them

#326670 New layout section needed for updated MFME games?

Posted by cliffc on 25 June 2019 - 03:45 PM in MFME emulation section

Hi

I have been around the scene since the beginning and I don't detect that wizard has any hatred for this site unless I have missed something or a thread here that indicates otherwise, if this was his reason then surely he would have just stopped this site from hosting the latest versions of the emulator, and not just had one place to go, I cannot comment for other users here, but having to go to another site to download the emulator is no hardship, as I like most people here I am sure that most users also have accounts at all of the other main emulator sites any way, and visit them all a few times a week I know I do.

#326650 New layout section needed for updated MFME games?

Posted by cliffc on 25 June 2019 - 08:59 AM in MFME emulation section

Hi

Although the emulator cannot be hosted here and I can see why Wizard has made this decision, but this site has no restrictions on hosting the layouts, and I would say that this is the come to site for the latest layouts.

Therefor it makes perfect sense to have the layout downloads section divided into sub sections for each version of the emulator to make the layouts for that version easier to locate for users, This is not an issue of who hosts the emulator or not, but more a suggestion on how to make this site better and easier to use for the users here at Fruit- Emu. 

#325339 Electrocoin

Posted by cliffc on 23 April 2019 - 03:40 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi

The later machines have a security chip on the board as well as the rom chips and the games will not run if the security chip is not there, at the moment this chip is not emulated so this means none of the games that use this SEC chip will not run in the Emulator, and as far as I know this is still not implemented in the forthcoming new version of the emulator

#325305 Easter 2019

Posted by cliffc on 21 April 2019 - 12:34 PM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Easter to all, I was hoping the Easter bunny was going to deliver the nice new version of the emulator but it seems she forgot to pop by wizards homestead to pick it up

#324983 Future of AWP

Posted by cliffc on 03 April 2019 - 12:54 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi

He did have to close his arcade in Gravesend, however since this small set back he has now opened several more arcades under the Mr p's name and he also has opened an arcade called Reel Fruits In Maidstone the Mr P's arcades are located at

Bognor (the newest one)

Chatham

Tonbridge

A visit to any of these arcades will bring back memories of the golden age of arcades and fruit machines, with High Percentages you should be able to spend a good few hours and not lose to much of your hard earned cash

#324923 Future of AWP

Posted by cliffc on 01 April 2019 - 02:24 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I would get your self to Bognor Regis as Mr P has just opened his 1st seaside arcade there and he has a selection of classic machines, some of them are on £5 jackpots but he also has some on slightly larger jackpots, but he does have some of the new £500 ones as well in the over 18s area, and all of his machines are all on high percentages, so you will get a good game,

#324439 Red Gaming - Top Dollar

Posted by cliffc on 05 March 2019 - 01:16 PM in WIP for MFME5

I beleve that Mrp's Classic Arcade in Chatham has this very machine on £25 up and running, so if we have any members with a camera in that area some one could pop in and get some pics, I am sure the staff there would be fine with this as they allow vids to be made in the arcade, and if the man himself was in, if no one was playing said machine I am sure he would turn it off for a sec to get the required pics if he was asked

#324277 mr ps bognor regis

Posted by cliffc on 27 February 2019 - 12:30 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi

Nice to see the Mr P empire expanding, I know he has a big stock of classic AWP but as he now has 4 places I believe with Chatham, Bognor and Chatham as well Reel Fruits in Madstone, he must be getting near to having all of his classic machines doing what they should be entertaing the public in arcades, has he got enough for another one I wonder only time will tell, but I hope we get a good summer so his Bognor arcade is full of punters enjoying themselves, and playing all those classic machines, plus Mr p's high percentages meaning you can have a good time without losing much cash, and possibly even being up on your day.

#323954 Increase in amount that can be won from a Cat D machine

Posted by cliffc on 11 February 2019 - 01:44 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi

There now many machines on 20p/£10 Jackpot but these machines should only be sited in the over 18 area or in inland arcades that tend to only have over 18 entry policy over the whole centre, many machines on £5 can have a huge streaks in them, obviously they take a credit every £5 to keep them within the law, I cannot see any increase in the stake prize going up on these machines any time soon, because these machines are all aimed at FEC's, and any increase would lead to the argument of encouraging kids to gamble, to be honest just having them there is doing that now,  

#319150 My You Tube Channel

Posted by cliffc on 09 July 2018 - 09:52 PM in Any Topic Chat

Hi

There has been a lul in updates but over the last few days I have been hard at it and I have posted 11 new vids I wont bore you all by listing them all here in this thread but as a tater one is the original OFAH and Razzle Dazzle from Barcrest and several others, pop over and see if your fave oldie or not so oldie is in there.

#318827 mfme6.1

Posted by cliffc on 24 June 2018 - 03:56 PM in General FME Discussion

hi all
sorry if this comes across as a dumb question but were can I get mfme6.1 from all the latest downloads only run on 6.1 and I only have 6.0 any help would be gratefull

Hi Fireball

The latest versions of MFME are only avilible from Desert island fruits, as Wizzard has decided to exclusively release at this site the link is below, you will have to join and post before you can download

http://www.desertisl...dex.php?/files/

Regards

Cliff C