convict's Content

There have been 29 items by convict (Search limited from 22-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#257734 ShoutBox will soon be closing...

Posted by convict on 14 September 2013 - 03:48 PM in Site News

That message is a standard error message when the IP.Chat users limit is reached. The free version from IPB (Invision Power) standard edition which comes free with every IPB license is 5 users. In order to up the limit you are required to buy the IP.Chat license. They range from $10 (every 6 months, 20 users) upto $40 (every 6 months, 250 users).

Just thought i'd give my knowledge on the subject.

#217167 Getting Rid Of A Fruit Machine

Posted by convict on 04 August 2011 - 07:32 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Yeah but I would have still of needed to get rid of it even if I did get it working in the end plus it was a thing that had to be quickly and I just didn't have the time to either put it up for spares or anything so my only option was just to smash it.. given the fact it had to be done today.

Plus the place I got it from wouldn't help with anything, If I buy anything again it'll be from stemik. Very nice and reliable service. And I must say, even tho it was one of my fave machines.. it actually felt good smashing it up cos of all the times it screwed me in the arcades! - Especially at Bognor Butlins!! (April 2011)

#217147 Getting Rid Of A Fruit Machine

Posted by convict on 04 August 2011 - 02:41 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Well, I contacted the council to get rid of my fruit machine but they said only household items only.. choosey much. So I decided the best thing was to smash it to peices as it stopped working over 2 years ago and was only taking up valuble space (got new furniture coming). The council said because it's now in peices they would be able to forward me to someone who deals with recyclables (because of the glass and wood) and give me a number for guys who take metals.

Now the council say they're unable to do it because of something (can't remember what).. just seems like another excuse to me. So I was wondering if anyone on here knows a company (man with van or scraps?) in the NE Lincolnshire area? I found a couple of numbers on yell but was only told they either don't do it no more or are busy for the forseeable future. :err:

For anyone who would like to know what the machine was, it was a Simpsons Beer Guide. It just randomly stopped out of the blue and since I have no idea the ins and outs of a fruit machine I didn't bother getting it fixed as for all I know it might have cost more to fix then what the actual machine was worth. Was hard to smash it to peices cos it was one of my fave machines but you gotta do what you gotta do.

If anyone could help me find a company that would be great! - If not I may just try to burn it lol

-PS: I plan to get a DOND, just so I can look at that smug git on the front and punch him! :lol:-

#168782 MFME 11.8 - Deal or No Deal - Can You Beat the Banker?

Posted by convict on 16 June 2009 - 10:06 PM in Forthcoming Releases

Thats the 11.8 emu and is easy to find and download.

I have 11.8 but i don't get the box like that. Never the less, It doesn't work but looks good. To get something like this to come true would be like all christmas + birthdays at once.

Edit: Never mind, Had to click on 'About' ofc lol, Thought it just popped up when you opened like it did back in the v2 days.

#165518 A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc..

Posted by convict on 12 May 2009 - 05:12 PM in General FME Discussion

Sorry..not having a go..just point it out since you asked.

Looks right to me, But ok.

#165511 A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc..

Posted by convict on 12 May 2009 - 04:28 PM in General FME Discussion

Which emu, and which rom?

These are the actual games that run on a pub quiz machine, which is just a w2k box. Nothing is emulated.

I was thinking of something else.

Are you sure? With spelling like that, it's no wonder you keep getting it wrong!

:)

Yes, Im sure.. And sorry but whats wrong with the spelling?...

Besides, Who cares? Its a forum not an english lesson at school.

#165498 A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc..

Posted by convict on 12 May 2009 - 03:07 PM in General FME Discussion

cliffs repro there on there m8
good luck

Already downloading but it'll take an ETA: 4 hours for the EMU and 6 - 7 hours for each rom:sad:

#165489 A Dozen SWP Machines - DOND etc..

Posted by convict on 12 May 2009 - 01:55 PM in General FME Discussion

Can't register on there. It keeps on saying the NoSpam! is wrong althought it aint.

Shame they arn't hosted on RS, Could have downloaded them pretty quickly.

#135594 Duff Beer Guide

Posted by convict on 23 October 2008 - 11:48 AM in Real Fruit Machines

I will phone up 2 or 3 different delivery firms and found out a price (the cheapest). :bigeyes02:

#135531 Duff Beer Guide

Posted by convict on 22 October 2008 - 07:35 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I'll accept pretty much anything. Like anything from £20 to £80.

#135495 Duff Beer Guide

Posted by convict on 22 October 2008 - 01:14 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Yeah,

But to be honest i just need to get it out of the way working or non-working i'd still sell it for just about anything.

Im in that much of need space.

#135481 Duff Beer Guide

Posted by convict on 22 October 2008 - 11:04 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi,

Ok well, I have my duff beer guide which hasn't worked for a few months but i dunno whats wrong with it. I think it might be something to do with the fuse in the plug but not sure. As im not a fruit tech. But i don't think its anything major.

But what i need to do is to sell it because i need the space (big time). So im willing to accept just about anything.

Pickup or delivery (at buyers cost). I live in Grimsby just down the road from the hospital. So if your intrested please feel free to PM me :bigeyes02:

Thanks.

#85511 Duff beer guide

Posted by convict on 17 June 2007 - 01:48 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I have a duff beer guide which was fully working last week but when i put it on it doesn't do nothing. I can hear the vol but no actully sound or no writing on the front. I think it might be the mpu or but i aint sure. Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

#81181 2 Fruit machines to sell

Posted by convict on 24 April 2007 - 02:57 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I live just down the road from grimsby hospital

#81118 2 Fruit machines to sell

Posted by convict on 23 April 2007 - 04:32 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Well i posted last month about needing to sell 2 fruit machines (The Mob and X Marks The Spot) but didn't get much back but i need to sell these quite bad (before mid may) so i will take anything for them but you will need to pay for the delivery or collect whichever :bigeyes04:

#77951 X Marks The Spot

Posted by convict on 18 March 2007 - 08:40 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Thanks for the reply mark. I'll give you a ring around 12ish :)

#77934 X Marks The Spot

Posted by convict on 17 March 2007 - 09:08 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi,

I have this fruit machine called X Marks The Spot which i got from lincsleisure1 just over a year i think anyways its in good condition but the top decal is missing all lights work comes with keys plus a padlock and is fully working :) anyways i need to sell this pretty fast because i really need the space im willing to let it go for £30 delivery at buyers exspance.

Thanks

PS have another machine that i need to get rid off will post about it later.

#77854 **Austin Powers 1280 WDX**

Posted by convict on 16 March 2007 - 12:11 PM in New Releases

Well I know the rom is there cos its showing up in the .rar but when extracted it does a dissappearing act. Which makes you "think" its missing but it isn't.

#77823 **Austin Powers 1280 WDX**

Posted by convict on 15 March 2007 - 05:06 PM in New Releases

Looks very nice. But im having the same problem. The rom wont show up in the folder. It will show up in the zip but when i extract it it doesn't go in the Austin Powers folder. Heres a screenshot of what im getting. And i am trying it in 9.4 aswell.

Attached Thumbnails

• 9.4.JPG

#77309 Super Pool

Posted by convict on 06 March 2007 - 11:14 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Yeah, i dont know if i will buy it, because i have some mechines i want to get rid off but cant find the right ppl to buy them. So until i do i wont be able to buy a new one for now

#77288 Super Pool

Posted by convict on 06 March 2007 - 09:04 AM in Real Fruit Machines

I think you could get something much better from ebay for much less than that (unless it includes shipping). I think you are right about it being a global game, but impossible to tell from here ;)

I would see what is available on ebay and what prices and then decide if it's worth it or not.

Most of the arcades I have spoke to by the coast own their own machines (unless they are part of bigger company - like butlins/ rank etc.).

Yeah ebay have one for £75! and delivery is £55 which is cheap. And butlins was the place it was. Because they had 4, 3 where the bingo is in the arcade.

#77283 Super Pool

Posted by convict on 06 March 2007 - 07:40 AM in Real Fruit Machines

well the machine looks in good nick if thats the actual machine however u could try knocking the price down abit.

as regards to renting machines alot of these holiday places tend to own alot of there own machines, but saying that some places do actaully have machines on site on a shares basis with company's like leisure projects which is part of bass.

Ok cool thanks for your help. Can you tell if that is maygay or globle? because they seem to have the same casing but multi-coloured :bigeyes03:

#77281 Super Pool

Posted by convict on 06 March 2007 - 06:27 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi,

I went on holiday awhile ago and played on a fruit machine called "super pool" and it was really good but they are selling it. They said i could buy it for £145, but i dont know if thats good or not? plus i though most holiday places rent them or something?

Picture:
Posted Image

It looks like a maygay to me because of the casing but i could be wrong?

Anyways do you think i should or not? if not does anyone know where i could find another one?

Thanks

#77063 Paint the town red

Posted by convict on 01 March 2007 - 07:45 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Yeah they were, they had great game play. Does anyone know where i might find this machine? like one for sale or any pictures? :bigeyes04:

Thanks

#77014 Paint the town red

Posted by convict on 01 March 2007 - 06:30 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi,

My college that i used to go to had a fruit machine called paint the town red and i think it was by red gaming but i looked on their site and found nothing. So i looked on vidid, barcrest, maygay, bfg etc but nothing. Does any know anything about this machine and why its a disappearing act? Because it aint in the college nomore (this was about a year ago) they swapped it for the big cheese but cant find nothing on it as i would like this machine cos it had good play/features and good sound :)