gemini17's Content

There have been 1000 items by gemini17 (Search limited from 23-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#331020 {Scorpion 4}Club Rolling Thunder £250 DX

Posted by gemini17 on 02 April 2020 - 07:42 PM in Scorpion 4

Fantastic release.

Cracking game and slot just a swine to Jackpot!

Jay

#327963 Disco Inferno £15 Dx

Posted by gemini17 on 24 August 2019 - 02:47 PM in WIP for MFME5

Coming sometime in September is another flip card based machine disco inferno

Looks fantastic Vectra.

I do recall playing this and had some cracking tunes too.

Look forward to the release.

Jay

#327962 {mpu2}Spot Light (DX)

Posted by gemini17 on 24 August 2019 - 02:37 PM in MPU2

Hi

Yes the arcades were packed in the 80's for several reasons I have listed my reasons below

1. The machines played much better games

2. People had more disposable income.

3. £20 could last you all day at the seaside (for machine play only) as long as you had some idea how to play the machines.

4. There were very good 2p machines so even if you had a lesser budget you could still have a darn good play

5. You could smoke in arcades (not that is an issue for me I don't)

Hi Cliff

To add to your list -online and bookmakers had a huge impact on the arcade industry,as online still does!

And above all(and more especially here in the north),we are very much still locked in a revolving door recession.

True you see people come to near by Blackpool but are they spending-No!

As bookmakers fold in there droves many arcades will follow as is happening everywhere.

I can't see many arcades still around in the next decade,but over the next 20 years( bar those with money to keep them afloat),

I don't see any arcades in operation.

Jay 

Hi Frig

I have just give this layout a good half hour play while making a video for my you tube channel, and excellent job you have done of this machine. From the Barcrest light era, Spotlight, Hi-Light and the little seen (unless you worked or played in a bingo hall in the 80s Flashlight).

Flashlight is a very lo-tech machine from Barcrest (and when I say lo-tech I mean lo-tech these machines made Bar x look exciting) however it did have a £50 cash jackpot, on 10p play, although it did have start buttons on the side of the cabinet most bingo halls did not have them enabled so the game would auto start as soon as you put in your 10p or 50p with 40p change, it did have autohold  but no nudges at all, but the auto play allowed for a much faster game play and allowed the bingo hall owner to extract the cash from the grannies much faster, that said if we had the roms for this I would not mind seeing a release of this as I could not play as I worked in the bingo hall and we could not play.

Would love to see the £50/£100 era of these slots brought to life in emulation.

There were some cracking club slots about at that time.

Jay

File Name: Spot Light (DX)

File Submitter: frig

File Submitted: 24 Aug 2019

File Category: MPU2

Hi Guys
Here is an absolutely amazing classic fruit machine from 1981.  This is from an era when arcades were always packed out, and for good reason too!

But firstly...A big thanks to the following contributers:
Roms & base fruit symbols - Launton over at fruitemu.co.uk
Photograph used as a guide - Pete W 

over at fruitemu.co.uk
Richy100 for the additional suprize hidden in the download folder, also from fruitemu.co.uk

Richy1976 for his fantastic sound files.

And the amazing Wizard for testing, additional technical help and of course, providing us with the emulator that we all love!!

Shortcuts are in the Read Me txt file if you need them.

Now don't stay up too late playing this!

</Frig>

Click here to download this file

Cracking release.

I promise I won't stay up too late :err:  :err:  :nah:

Many thanks to all involved.

Jay

#327919 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 21 August 2019 - 10:31 AM in General FME Discussion

Hello mate, 

not quite, I decided I needed a holiday..... 

I'm gonna have another go soon.

I've conceded to what machines I have working on V.19 for the time being. got 2 diferent DOND that are pretty sharp, so they'll do me for now.

I just don't get how I managed to fire up both 9.4 and v.19 without any issue yet this 5.1 is just hopeless it seems. 

I'll have a good read through this thread tho, and I'm glad ur up and running pal..

Is right!

Hi mate

We all need a break.

Looking forward to mine in 3 weeks :cute:  :cute:

Any help you need send me a pm and i'l try my very best.

You should be able to sort things now from the latter end of these posts.

Enjoy yr time away.

Jay

#327893 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 19 August 2019 - 10:48 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi,

Probably a bit of a noob question here sorry,

I've joined up and paid so I can download and play these fruit machines you very talented ppl make everyone..

I downloaded a version of mfme 9.4 from fruit-machine-emulators.com a while ago, along with a few games they have on the same site.

after looking at these forums through, I seen the far better games available from you guys so I joined up and paid so I'd be able to download them.

I've managed to download the Simpsons one, along with a few others, but it says I require MFME 5 to play it...??

None of the ones ive downloaded from here work on the MFME version i have.

could anyone please enlighten me on where I can download, MFME 5 or whichever one I need....???

I found someone posted a link to the very latest MFME, but when i tried to get it, it said "you don't have permission", even though my account has been approved. and im able to download the games,

so basically I can get the games, but my MFME i have, wont play them..... and i dont know where to download the version i need

please help?? 

thank you

Hi mate

Did you get sorted with this now?

I finally sorted it all out with a tad of help!

Read on to the end of the posts and you will see what I did and how other members sorted it all out too.

Jay

#327892 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 19 August 2019 - 10:46 PM in General FME Discussion

No probs I couldn't get the thing to run at the start as also shite at computers, I remember I couldn't even get the layouts to run via the old mfmes adding all the separate files in one big file,
so eventually they conflicted with each other given wrong ID chips etc
As for this I think once you've installed direct x 2010 you can delete the files in your download section

Least am not alone then!

I would rather leave everything as it is now Vectra-when I start meddling is when things go wrong.

I'm lucky in this respect I had a good friend save everything off my xp desk top.

So I pretty much have all the slots saved pre 2015 and that's a bloody big catalogue!

Just nothing was saved on my laptop that had all the emulators etc-so hence me starting from scratch-yet again!! :err:  :err:  :nah:  :nah:

Now it's just extraction time in between sorting out real life.

Appreciate all your help.

Jay

#327886 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 19 August 2019 - 09:23 PM in General FME Discussion

the direct x 2010 app needs to go into your computers system not the desktop or the mfme file
Follow instructions from this topic
https://www.fruitemu...-thread/&page=2

Thanks Vectra

Couldn't follow any of it-but i'm honest at least.

Could have just said yes ive cracked it now and fully understand-far from it.

But for everyone else who like me is completely clueless with tech.

I placed all the files of the directxjune into my downloads section.

I then ran the dxsetup and hey presto it did something v.different and now i'm playing some great golden oldies,saving them and enjoying them yet again.

Thank you to everyone who helped me out-much appreciated.

A virtual pint all round :pizza:  :pizza: -well have a slice of pizza instead lol.

I can hear you all screaming hale fecking lul ya.

Jay

#327885 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 19 August 2019 - 09:17 PM in General FME Discussion

Once you have the files unzipped onto the desktop you need to run the DXsetup exe.

J

Thanks J for the info.

Did not fully follow this but placed everything in my downloads and ran the dxjune and bingo it worked. :cute:  :cute:

Ive restored my genius status in tech land-not.

Jay

#327875 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 18 August 2019 - 10:00 PM in General FME Discussion

I am wondering(and I am not taking the piss), how have you managed to be a member since 2006 and not know this. You should be clued up like most others on here?

Are you set up yet on 5.1?

Sent you a pm.

Jay

#327869 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 18 August 2019 - 08:28 PM in General FME Discussion

You need to right click on MFME in your folders and run as admin.

When you have done that you will need to go to DXSETUP which as I stated is a 506kb file(stating the size as it will be easier for you to find within your extraction files). 

Also tell me if you are getting this message on your screen which I have sent you above?

C

Im now upto the dxset up states on the screen.

Please type the location where you want to place the extracted files.

I keep placing them on the desk top with no joy.

Thanks for yr continued help

Jay

#327867 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 18 August 2019 - 08:25 PM in General FME Discussion

You don't want to load the Emulator up. Is it saying this....>>>>

http://www.desertisl...20ae0469efa.jpg

It was yes mate

But thankfully ive cleared that hurdle lol

Jay

#327861 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 18 August 2019 - 04:52 PM in General FME Discussion

Firstly, have you tried to run it as administrator?

Secondly, have you accepted the agreement of DirectX?(the file should be 506kb within your files and state "Application").

Thirdly, have you deleted from your system completely and tried to set it up again from scratch? 

Fourthly, do a system update with windows as there maybe some other updates that windows need to do so you can get 5.1.

Maybe a lot above but believe, I was in this position once and I feel like it is happening to me again, which is why I am eager to get you up and running too. Don't stress about it too much as I am pretty damn sure someone will find a solution.

Hi Charlie

Just doing system updates now.

As far as points 1-3 go

1-The emulator won't load up,so can't run it full stop!

2-Nothing comes up to accept an agreement-It just asks me where to place direct x. Ive always placed it on my desktop

3-Ive downloaded the 5.1 now twice and still the same probs.

Thanks for the heads up

Jay

#327849 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 17 August 2019 - 10:02 PM in General FME Discussion

Ok,have you done a google search for the pacdrive dll. Im away atm so cant really help from my pc,im just suggesting what i thought would work.

I did that mate and it shows a post that Reg made over placing the pacdrive.dll in the same folder as the Mfme.

Which is great help-And it open up,

But then as above u get the error message over the Direct x jun 2010!

Jay

#327848 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 17 August 2019 - 10:00 PM in General FME Discussion

I do appreciate it mate, i'll look into it more 

Sorry I didn't get back to you yest mate-I support my partner with disabilities and other family matters happened out the blue :nah: - and time just ebbs away somewhat.

I have been logging in and seeing if you have made any progress.

Sadly i'm about at the same point as you are lol!

I can get the Mfme 5.1 to open but I then get the following

"Ensure that DirectX Jun 2010 Redist is installed-which ive downloaded twice now.

Placed them and the pac drive in the same folder and still no joy.

Obviously we are doing something wrong-I had over a 100 icons on my desktop yest.

Eventually with a gentle nudge we will get there :err:  :err:

Jay

#327808 MFME DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP

Posted by gemini17 on 16 August 2019 - 05:45 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi,

Probably a bit of a noob question here sorry,

I've joined up and paid so I can download and play these fruit machines you very talented ppl make everyone..

I downloaded a version of mfme 9.4 from fruit-machine-emulators.com a while ago, along with a few games they have on the same site.

after looking at these forums through, I seen the far better games available from you guys so I joined up and paid so I'd be able to download them.

I've managed to download the Simpsons one, along with a few others, but it says I require MFME 5 to play it...??

None of the ones ive downloaded from here work on the MFME version i have.

could anyone please enlighten me on where I can download, MFME 5 or whichever one I need....???

I found someone posted a link to the very latest MFME, but when i tried to get it, it said "you don't have permission", even though my account has been approved. and im able to download the games,

so basically I can get the games, but my MFME i have, wont play them..... and i dont know where to download the version i need

please help?? 

thank you

First and foremost 

Welcome to the site.

Ive been a member now coming up to 8 years and every time I visit the site,I still have a warm feeling inside-I almost feel like a kid in a sweet shop-

With all the exciting slots from past and present to enjoy.

Yet like you i'm encountering problems with getting 5.1 to run.

Had everything sorted on a another laptop but then the laptop decided to not turn on one day-and then I lost everything!

What I will say is the guys on here can't help enough when it comes to problems/issues encountered.

Well more so with someone like me who is technically dum when it comes to computers-lol

If you get sorted with 5.1 be great to know how you worked the magic.

Jay

#327804 {mpu2}Rock On (DX)

Posted by gemini17 on 16 August 2019 - 09:02 AM in MPU2

Bloody brilliant that is.

Showing my age,but yes I do remember this.

Was the best era by a mile in slot land.

Over that decade most if not all of the best slots produced were on show,ready to play

,lined up in endless rows in the amusements.

Would love to see some of the club versions of these emulated.

There were many around at the time with similar gambles to achieve £50 and later £100 jackpots.

Many thanks to all involved with a stunning release. :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Jay

#327793 {M1}Maygays Sudden Impact £6/£3 (updated for mfme5+)

Posted by gemini17 on 15 August 2019 - 11:28 PM in M1

Many thanks Vectra for the re-releases.

Always a fav of mine in the arcades.

Jay

#327685 {SCORPION 2}Make a Million £10 All Cash Dx

Posted by gemini17 on 10 August 2019 - 10:17 PM in Scorpion 2

Cracking stuff Vectra

Many thanks for both releases.

Great slots and loved them in the arcade-happy memories.

Jay

#327662 DADsFME is now .com

Posted by gemini17 on 09 August 2019 - 05:01 PM in General FME Discussion

Looks like my original post was lost during the database roll back, so thought I'd post it again.....

A few years ago DADsFME almost closed its doors for good.  Wizard had said "No more MFME" and the site and particularly its staff were getting all kinds of shit from various people and I kind of lost heart in it all.  FME at that point wasn't in a great place.

What really saved DADsFME was a message from Alex (aamusements) from Fruit-Emu who offered host the site for free and even offered to purchase the domain name from me which he eventually did. This arrangement continued for several years right up to a few weeks back when I noticed the the dadsfme.co.uk domain name was within a month of expiring, that together with the latest batch of outages got me a little concerned and the fact that for whatever reason Alex has been a little quiet of late.  Obviously, I hope he's OK and everything is fine but I thought it was time for a change.

I really want to say a personal 'thank you' to him at this time for his support for all these years and I hope there's no hard feelings for jumping ship as it were.  If it wasn't for you DADsFME would not be still around so "thanks very much Alex"!!

This brings me to the new arrangement..

DAD's is now hosted by Reg @ Desert Island Fruits who very kindly made an offer to support the site by moving it over to his more secure server.  I once again own the domain name which as mentioned in the thread title is now 'dadsfme.com' so it might be a good idea to update your bookmarks.  The move was done by 'Pete W' who runs the Mecca to massive thanks to both of you, hopefully this new arrangement will continue for many years to come.

Long live FME smiley.gif

Great to see the site back up and running Andy.

Ive downloaded a few slots from the new site and each time I download my laptop keeps saying the files are unsafe!!

Done all the checks etc and all is aok-just a heads up for you to see what the problem is.

Jay

#327513 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by gemini17 on 24 July 2019 - 04:59 PM in General FME Discussion

Sonic the hedgehog 1600 dx jpemu coversion with a bit of a update.

Reels were a pain.

Brightened bottom sonics up a bit.

Fixed all the question marks because bottoms were missing.

Alpha, gave number reel a load of contrast resized.

Thanks to RB for the original.

Another classic.

Loved this in the arcades.

Many thanks for the update

Jay

#327511 {PHOENIX}Electrocoins Labyrinth Wdx

Posted by gemini17 on 24 July 2019 - 03:59 PM in PHOENIX

Smashing mate.

Tight or not great to see this classic restored in it's former glory.

Many thanks

Jay

#327359 {PROCONN}Treasure Trail £6 DX

Posted by gemini17 on 18 July 2019 - 10:25 PM in Proconn

Many thanks for the update of this iconic slot.

Always a fav of mine in the arcade.

Jay

#327245 {MPU5}Red Gamings Lock N Load Club Wdx

Posted by gemini17 on 16 July 2019 - 12:16 AM in MPU5

Another new clubber release :cute:  :cute:

We are so spoilt are we not :nah:

Looks dynamite Tommy.

Look forward to giving this a good bash.

Jay

#327244 {MPU5}Red Gamings Rainbow Runner Dx

Posted by gemini17 on 16 July 2019 - 12:13 AM in MPU5

Interesting!

A new slot indeed-look forward to giving this a good bash.

Many thanks Tommy.

#327243 {MPU5}Barcrests Golden Dragon Club Wdx

Posted by gemini17 on 16 July 2019 - 12:11 AM in MPU5

Love a good club release.

Many thanks Tommy.

Jay