fuzion's Content

There have been 1000 items by fuzion (Search limited from 21-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#333495 Layout file not found

Posted by fuzion on 21 December 2021 - 12:32 AM in MFME emulation section

Make sure you are using the latest version of mfme, v20.

J

#333473 Banned From DIF....

Posted by fuzion on 29 November 2021 - 11:48 AM in Any Topic Chat

I don’t think there can be many we require to be honest. I’m pretty sure most of the ones new we have have been directly sourced from the Bellfruit ftp site. There will be sound roms for S4 and S5 but as it’s mostly updated software on the BBS, sounds aren’t usually available. Unless, of course, you had direct access to their full old and new archive system. So you could potentially have earlier and rom revisions. Would be nice to get some of those for sure ;)

J

#333107 Disp Buffer Full

Posted by fuzion on 10 June 2021 - 09:37 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

I would imagine this is an issue with the mainboard, maybe battery damage that might be affecting the alpha memory buffer?

J

#332932 The secrets of the golden nile

Posted by fuzion on 11 March 2021 - 02:47 PM in New Releases

We do have the roms working.  I actually started a layout but the main issue was that the LCD display isn't emulated unfortunately.

It *does* work, but it might have other issues, but it does run and we do have the roms available.

J

Attached Files

#332569 Astra party games support

Posted by fuzion on 10 October 2020 - 07:42 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

I don’t think you can just mess with the hard drive on these machines.

Do you get anything on the main screen when booting?

J

#332480 Alpha display customization

Posted by fuzion on 27 August 2020 - 09:58 AM in Real Fruit Machines

You know that does sound likely KD, it would be easy for them to implement in the test mode.  It would save them a lot of work.  It's likely if that is the case then it could be a separate alpha routine that is outside of the checksum area, or even written to onboard ram.  That would make more sense I guess.  

Do we know of any specific machines that had this option available KD?

J

#332478 Alpha display customization

Posted by fuzion on 27 August 2020 - 12:49 AM in Real Fruit Machines

It’s not something I have a lot of time to get into anymore. You might find some basic rom hacking guides via google.

You can use the debugger in mfme, which emulates MPU5 and Scorp5. You can physically change byte values live, you will need to have a play around with it.

J

#332476 Alpha display customization

Posted by fuzion on 26 August 2020 - 06:30 PM in Real Fruit Machines

All depends how familiar you are with a hex editor and what protection needs to be bypassed if the rom is protected.

Some fruit machine software has no protection and can be easily edited. MPU4 MDM software has no protection to worry about so any alpha text can be changed. Though you will have to replace it with the same number of alphanumeric characters.

Most other techs that have an alpha display are protected by a checksum routine. These protect the rom from unauthorised changes, if you try to change anything the machine will give out a checksum error on boot. These can be bypassed but you will need to have experience with an hex editor and knowledge of what type of checksum is incorporated into the rom or a way to completely bypass the checksum routine, so some hacking involved.

J

#332466 Ads

Posted by fuzion on 23 August 2020 - 05:06 PM in Any Topic Chat

I didn’t think it was mate. I only mentioned you to clear up that my view point wasn’t anything personal. ;). But looking at what I posted does sound like I thought it was you. Sorry about that, I didn’t intend that to be the case.

I have a good idea who Ryan A is now... lol.

J

#332463 Ads

Posted by fuzion on 23 August 2020 - 10:40 AM in Any Topic Chat

It's clear who Ryan A is, as I said in the post about the latest slotsrus release. The account was just set up, so they could chime in again on the same old arguments.

I'll give you a clue, posted 39 posts in about 3 days. Now I wonder who that could be.

Seriously.   Ha ha, no way.   Name and shame.   It's sad, it just keeps the whole ebay thing current and keeps the negativity fresh, maybe that's the point.

If anything has come from the whole ebay saga its that DIF and MFME has been tightened up to hopefully detract from this type of thing happening again.   Though if someone wants to do this type of thing then they will find a way.

I won't go on anymore about this, I get on very well with Geddy, he's a top bloke and a massive asset to the fme scene.   It's just my personal view.

J

#332455 Ads

Posted by fuzion on 22 August 2020 - 06:03 PM in Any Topic Chat

Are the ads that much of a problem? Ad revenue goes towards site hosting, it’s just a way to offset the cost. You can’t expect someone to host this amount of layouts for free, someone has to pay the bills to allow the site to exist. I don’t expect that the ads bring in a lot of revenue to be fair.

It is possible to download the hosted layouts completely free of charge. Do you think the site owner should get rid of the ads and pay out of his own pocket for your privilege?

Do you download layouts from here? Do you donate or subscribe?

#332450 {Epoch}Full Moon Fever £25 DX 4K+

Posted by fuzion on 21 August 2020 - 10:15 PM in Epoch

But do people need to come over here and bully the guy?

As much as I don’t condone rebranding other people’s layouts, People need to let it go, he’s been banned from DIF, you don’t have to interact with him. It really doesn’t get anyone anywhere. Negative vibes ultimately make you unhappy.

There won’t be many creators that haven’t stole assets from classic layouts. I’ve used classic layouts as a guide and forgot to remove some old debris. So what? Hey, why don’t we scrutinise everyone’s DX layouts. I guarantee you will find bits of other people’s layouts scattered about.

Come on guys, take a deep breath... and breath.

J

#331585 plan b (desertislandfruits)

Posted by fuzion on 12 May 2020 - 01:39 PM in Fruit-EMU Helpdesk

Don’t know why you are so bothered mate? This site has a massive archive of layouts, which serves layouts just fine. I can’t see why someone would take it on if it was up for sale either as MFME can’t be hosted here, which is a massive issue for the site. Just makes it feel incomplete.

You may as well start from scratch as there is so much history on fruit-emu. It would hold it back.

DIF is just where the home of fme is, mainly as the coder has chosen that site and the fact that the owner is pro-active. It’s always wise to be where the action takes place. Literally anyone serious about fme is over at DIF.

J

#330939 Help a Newbie

Posted by fuzion on 29 March 2020 - 10:19 PM in General FME Discussion

Wine, Bootcamp.

Be aware that because Apple Mac runs on arm architecture it emulates pc hardware to run windows, mfme should run just fine though ;)

J

#330867 downloads

Posted by fuzion on 24 March 2020 - 09:35 PM in Fruit-EMU Helpdesk

Either donate a measly fiver or buy an eBay disk, these are the quickest options if you are only interested in layouts.

J

#330771 Microsoft Surface Pro X

Posted by fuzion on 19 March 2020 - 11:51 PM in Any Topic Chat

The trouble with the Surface X is that is uses the ARM cpu. I think it can run most 32bit Windows apps, so potentially will be fine but x64 bit apps need porting across to work with the ARM architecture.

J

#330769 {MPU4 Video}BWB Big 40 Poker

Posted by fuzion on 19 March 2020 - 10:24 PM in MPU4 Video

Might be worth posting this info for Wizard over at DIF guys. I’m sure he’s either fixed it or he will look into it. I know he did some work on German based video, wonder if it broke this as a result?

J

#330669 Programmer required, tiny application need making...

Posted by fuzion on 09 March 2020 - 02:28 AM in Any Topic Chat

I think you could probably just download a virtual keyboard editor.  There will be one available that can be edited.

J

#330602 Coming Soon... Fruit Machine Loader

Posted by fuzion on 06 March 2020 - 03:13 PM in General FME Discussion

Can’t you just configure launch box? Think it’s touch enabled mate.

J

#330567 What is the current status of Fruit Emu?

Posted by fuzion on 04 March 2020 - 03:01 PM in Site News

We seem to be making issues though, Alex hasn’t been around for a long time now, the site still ticks along. Maybe Alex just doesn’t want to interact with the forums.

The forum has some issues but people can and do still upload layouts here, so layouts are still available for download and you can post in forums too, isn’t that what people are here for? Just can’t understand what the big deal is. If the mods are that bothered and/or pissed off just don’t hang around, you don’t get paid for your time etc.

J

#330536 What is the current status of Fruit Emu?

Posted by fuzion on 02 March 2020 - 02:11 AM in Site News

I think one of the main reasons Alex might have lost interest is due to Wizard not allowing the latest version of mfme from being hosted. Or his illness has just put perspective on all the forum bullshit.

The petty arguments just cement his choice for not caring, if indeed he doesn’t care, but why would he keep it going if he really didn’t care? Lost interest is more likely. I don’t know Alex personally but this site is run as a business so it’s doubtful he would spite his own investment by letting it just die, there’s no reason for him doing this.

How well do you know him Darryl? Have you met him?

J

#330448 i need help

Posted by fuzion on 25 February 2020 - 09:32 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

i have a slot machine downloaded from this website and it says invalid stream format. how do i fix that?

It's unlikely that you have the current version of the emulator.   The latest version isn't hosted on this site.

J

#329867 website help please

Posted by fuzion on 31 December 2019 - 01:17 AM in Any Topic Chat

...Burn.

Can’t use use Wordpress to create the site, I was asked to do some amends to a clients webpage. I’d never done any real web work but it was pretty straightforward. Not sure how cool it is to use these types of web engines but it’s great for people like me.

I did download there site on to my home server so as I didn’t want to knacker their live site.

I’m not even a novice at this stuff though mate, so can’t really offer any tangible help unfortunately.

Good luck though. What is the subject matter?

J

#329058 rebuilds

Posted by fuzion on 03 November 2019 - 11:57 AM in Any Topic Chat

I think they rebuild these into more modern cost effective tech. They are classics and still a demand for these lo-techs I would imagine.

J

#328784 Anyone know of any other video fruits on MFME?

Posted by fuzion on 17 October 2019 - 07:47 AM in General FME Discussion

BWB Shop Window was a Bar-X clone 😊