• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

Guys you all know I try staying neutral yeah?

If not well I do.......or I hope I do.........and for that reason i'm writing this..

This might not go down too well what-so-ever but I think FME needs a say-it-as-it-is member (sometimes in his opinion we may think it's well wrong) but....christ we arn't sheep are we?

This puts a whole different light on any given thread.....theres far too much arse licking (in plain English if you ask me!) to make threads realistic at times...

Theres a thread/release made and mainstream agrees..........One person speaks their mind and they are drawn 'n' quatered....

#22 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:19 PM

FME wouldnt be the same without alth lurking around lol:lol:

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#23 mangolio

mangolio

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

Guys you all know I try staying neutral yeah?

If not well I do.......or I hope I do.........and for that reason i'm writing this..

This might not go down too well what-so-ever but I think FME needs a say-it-as-it-is member (sometimes in his opinion we may think it's well wrong) but....christ we arn't sheep are we?

This puts a whole different light on any given thread.....theres far too much arse licking (in plain English if you ask me!) to make threads realistic at times...

Theres a thread/release made and mainstream agrees..........One person speaks their mind and they are drawn 'n' quatered....

Not being funny ady but as far as I am concerned nearly every post by Alth is in some way disrespectful. I have nothing against the guy but just find it to be annoying and somewhat nasty to just slate another member for no reason.If all he wants to do is make a totally negative comment then that is fine, but nearly every comment is just a joke! Also the smugness of the guy knowing he is being an idiot and annoying other members is just uncalled for.
I used to be schitzophenic but were ok now.
http://www.myspace.com/andysquire

#24 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

can i just suggest you take a look back at alths post for a second..... he said 'good effort' and then went on to say why he doesnt like hybrids (of which you will probly find every other hybrid release thread will have comments like that).

Tbh in his own way i think he was being kinda nice lol

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#25 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:59 PM

FFS ain't it dawned on you lot yet?

Alth only posts here to wind you all up!! However, there IS ALWAYS an element of truth in what he says though and I reckon he has a right to post whatever he likes. At least he spices up the threads here :)

Alth is over a 1000 years old and has been in FME since the dawn of time............OK maybe not ;) but he DOES know what he's talking about. Some of you could do with a FME history lesson as most of the gripes on here have been discussed thousands of times already, both here and on other forums.

Have a read of this lot - http://www.fruitemu....archive/forums/, then come back when you're fully qualified lol

DAD

#26 ross

ross

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

ive read most of that alot of fme history in there!

#27 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

I do agree, thats why there was no moderator interaction (from myself at least) on this thread.

From an emulation point of view (which will be a 'purists' point of view) emulations sole objective would be to make the original machine (be it arcade, fruit machine, SNES, e.t.c) playable as it would have been were the original machine available, but on another platform (in this case, PC).

There is no real reason for emulating a machines ROMs and then shoving another machines artwork onto it - HOWEVER I also realise this is one of the few emulators where this is possible. Obviously when it comes to SNES for example - you emulate the ROMs only, you are purely displaying through a PC what the SNES would have outputted on it's screen.

Fruit Machine Emulation opens up other possibilities, due to the fact the visible part of the machine is lights and artwork, while the 'emulation' is really the electronic core of the machine.

Hang on, it's 11:30 at night and I'm blasted.

Anyway, long story short, 'hybrids' are not emulation. They are mock-ups. As such, they contribute *nothing* to the emulation scene, seek to confuse newbies, but do offer some people the chance to play a machine they remember if they keep the speakers off and forget it's really the ROMs from an indian takeaway rather than a pile of beaver.

There will always be a hostile reception to such things, and if you make Hybrids you will have to accept (IMHO) that as they are nothing to do with Fruit Machine Emulation, the FME community as a whole will reject them, whereas kids, newbies and people not interested in the main aims of emulation may embrace them.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#28 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:38 PM

Well ben... That is the best way that i have ever heard anyone put it...

I fully understand what your on about..

YET when sumone says its a pile of turd, that doesnt really explain a lot (which is y i got a bit annoyed) except the fact they dont like it... which is fair enuf.

YET wot ady sed... about not being a sheep etc, saying wots true...
I could have seen a really bad dx of a REAL EMULATION as you said, yet i would not go to this person...
"OI M8 YOUR WORK IS A LOAD OF SHIT", which is wot i felt alth did.
I would just say to myself, i dont like this, delete it, and be finished with the whole matter, because no matter wot emulation it is, hybrid, using proper rom etc, sumone has spent the time to do it, and thought that they would like to share it with other members, and dont deserve to be told where to stick there work.

Now then, lets finish this little matter, before sum1 gets hurt.. ;)

Nick :):):):):)

#29 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:26 PM

Shall we start a new section here at the forums just for you? We can call it learning to read with alth.

*sigh*

alth

#30 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

Surely you can see wot im saying in my last post..

The last thing i want to do is have a war with you man.. just keep your thoughts to yaself if they may offend others (or there work)... What wrong with that.

p.s. y should i learn to read...

Nick :)

#31 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

Read this thread back from page 1 (thats the first one) to page 2 (thats the one after one) then page 3 (thats the one after two) then post back where I have said ANYTHING bad about the actual layout but rather that the machine is not Dambuster but a ram in a sheepskin coat.

alth

#32 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:11 AM

Nice effort but as pointed out its not nowhere near Dambusters it looks like a turd, plays like a turd but then again its not Dambusters.

alth

Ok.. thanks for the compliment to start with,

However, this is the bit i was a bit annoyed with, if you meant the artwork of dambuster in general, e.g. what impulse made it look like, then fine, i appologise sincerly for making the wrong assumption, yet it seemed to me like you were dissing my work.

Like i said before, i dont want a war with you, i just want to get along with everyone and try an do things for the community, e.g, make new layouts.

Also, dont make more hassle for yourself by partronising others... plz, it aint a nice way to chat in forums...

(thats the first one) (thats the one after one) (thats the one after two)

Nick :)

#33 schnook

schnook

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:26 AM

I do agree, thats why there was no moderator interaction (from myself at least) on this thread.

From an emulation point of view (which will be a 'purists' point of view) emulations sole objective would be to make the original machine (be it arcade, fruit machine, SNES, e.t.c) playable as it would have been were the original machine available, but on another platform (in this case, PC).

There is no real reason for emulating a machines ROMs and then shoving another machines artwork onto it - HOWEVER I also realise this is one of the few emulators where this is possible. Obviously when it comes to SNES for example - you emulate the ROMs only, you are purely displaying through a PC what the SNES would have outputted on it's screen.

Fruit Machine Emulation opens up other possibilities, due to the fact the visible part of the machine is lights and artwork, while the 'emulation' is really the electronic core of the machine.

Hang on, it's 11:30 at night and I'm blasted.

Anyway, long story short, 'hybrids' are not emulation. They are mock-ups. As such, they contribute *nothing* to the emulation scene, seek to confuse newbies, but do offer some people the chance to play a machine they remember if they keep the speakers off and forget it's really the ROMs from an indian takeaway rather than a pile of beaver.

There will always be a hostile reception to such things, and if you make Hybrids you will have to accept (IMHO) that as they are nothing to do with Fruit Machine Emulation, the FME community as a whole will reject them, whereas kids, newbies and people not interested in the main aims of emulation may embrace them.

it might do you some good to nip over to the pinball emulation site.
because what happens here happens over there... roms might not be swapped out. but some tables use other sound roms and not technically perfect roms/code to recreate machines that can not be done as yet.
take a look at the simpsons pinball machines... 2 of em. 1 using the official roms. the other does not.. yet both are received with welcome arms.
this is the reason i left the fruit scene and now devote my efforts to pinball.

phew thats me posted for another 6 months.
bye

#34 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:21 AM

And you still think copying Pandy's nick will make people pay attention to you?

Funny enough I seem to remember you saying you used the Mythic0s name (vs Pandy's 'Mythicos') elsewhere... I nipped over to the Pinball Emulation site (I assume it's the same one you use) and theres noone there called Mythic0s. Funny thing that. Or anyone called Madman. Thats the problem with starting multiple accounts - do you expect people to listen to something irrelevant from someone with 28 posts?

Congratulations on adding another post to your account though, I will make you a nice shiny medal to go with it.

it might do you some good to nip over to the pinball emulation site.
because what happens here happens over there... roms might not be swapped out. but some tables use other sound roms and not technically perfect roms/code to recreate machines that can not be done as yet.
take a look at the simpsons pinball machines... 2 of em. 1 using the official roms. the other does not.. yet both are received with welcome arms.
this is the reason i left the fruit scene and now devote my efforts to pinball.

phew thats me posted for another 6 months.
bye

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#35 schnook

schnook

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

And you still think copying Pandy's nick will make people pay attention to you?

Funny enough I seem to remember you saying you used the Mythic0s name (vs Pandy's 'Mythicos') elsewhere... I nipped over to the Pinball Emulation site (I assume it's the same one you use) and theres noone there called Mythic0s. Funny thing that. Or anyone called Madman. Thats the problem with starting multiple accounts - do you expect people to listen to something irrelevant from someone with 28 posts?

Congratulations on adding another post to your account though, I will make you a nice shiny medal to go with it.

i must be missing something here. you went over to the pinball site to check if a mythicos existed over there or a mad man.
you may have seen madblast but that wasnt the question was it.
and i didnt use this nick to gain attention. i did to piss off the people on this board who WILL NOT LOOK OUT SIDE OF THE BOX . back on topic now.
so i can assume that you never actually looked at my example on the PINBALL EMULATION SITE vpforums.com.

simpsons party pinball table.
a table just out the same 3 year rule.
2 tables exist.
the first being a non rom based table playing simalar but the same as.
looking the same but not the same. and using homemade sounds and not exact rules.
the second is the real roms which are now available. and the real table graphics.
both were received with the same warm reception.
both were congratulated on.
both are downloaded and played.

there are even 1000,s of homemade pinball machines from creators
and yes pinball tables using the incorrect roms.

i left because of self appointed so called layout creators. some of whom create the same layout over and over, cant think beyond what the emulator can do.

now delete this account now. and i,ll see you in another 6 months.
maybe you might start advancing as a site and a community if you support the people who want to create instead of slating them.

rolf.

dont bother replying i only come in here every 3 months now to see if anything exciting happens.. never does... bye.

#36 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

now delete this account now. and i,ll see you in another 6 months.
maybe you might start advancing as a site and a community if you support the people who want to create instead of slating them.

erm then you'll need to create a new account........remember MYTHICOS is taken........pmsl as funny as JAYTHEBAKER who said he was going and tried acting like a 5 year old...........

FFS we are here for the Emu's, not to read about people saying 'delete my account' etc............don't like it then don't log in, easy really!

#37 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:12 PM

That can't be T-utton theres no 16 page sob story attached to the quit ;)

alth

#38 schnook

schnook

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:48 PM

erm then you'll need to create a new account........remember MYTHICOS is taken........pmsl as funny as JAYTHEBAKER who said he was going and tried acting like a 5 year old...........

FFS we are here for the Emu's, not to read about people saying 'delete my account' etc............don't like it then don't log in, easy really!

still not answering my origial question. please read above.
and i already quit.
why i give no input to a dead board.
i was requesting the difference in the two emus using the same principles. roms with overlying grafix (although apart from 3 people and they are active in pinball now as well) could code. But why here they are not recognised and infact get slated, usually by the same turds as allways.
who just like to insult.

#39 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

thought you were going?

#40 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

You must have bought the old monitor Mythicos used to work on though, so I expect a pair of sunglasses in the post :)

Another TFT user?

My monitor is a Philips 109b and it uses LightFrame2 or something..

It's very bright and colorful.. Far from old, I think I have had it about 3 years and its still as good as the day I bought it :)

Rid yourself of that TFT man :D
Not to be confused with illiterate f***wipes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users