• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dan1

Dan1

Astra Master

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:23 AM

Sorry to trouble all of you I was just wondering if you could pm me any of the files below, as I can't get this site to work (download error) and these are all the games that I want from it and can therefore just get the new games from other sites like desert island fruits (The games are only on fruit emu - I checked):

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by Dan1, 30 April 2020 - 08:25 AM.

#2 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

The links work fine I've checked them.  Also they are available at DIF in the Legacy Section.. every layout ever released is.

Your errors are mainly due to non supporter status as I believe you are only allowed so many downloads.

#3 Dan1

Dan1

Astra Master

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:05 AM

I haven't been able to download anything for over a month now though.

#4 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

I haven't been able to download anything for over a month now though.

Yeah you have probably hit your quota for the month.  All I can advise is going to desert island fruits, signing up and making a small donation then you have unlimited downloads to every single machine.

#5 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

Hi Dan 1 

Please can you upload a screen shot when you try to download a layout so we can try to help you.

Edited by superbaron, 01 May 2020 - 03:49 PM.

#6 justbrowsing2019

justbrowsing2019

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:08 PM

I am also having the same problem, I am only trying to download one file and I have never ever downloaded anything from here.

#7 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:00 AM

Who is the Download issue affecting....

Newer non paying members - YES

Newer paying members - Not Sure

Older paying and other special privileged members (such as mods, layout producers) - NO

Older non paying members - Not Sure

I'm not fussed about non paying members receiving any downloads, whether they are new or old members. They need to join DIF and either put up with download restrictions, or make a small donation and get everything available and the support from us members.

I am fussed about anyone who is a paid member here, getting what they have paid for. If you've paid for a membership, via Paypal and not got downloads available to you within 48 hours, then you need to send a message to the person they have paid and inform them. If they get no response within a week, then they need to contact Paypal to get their money back.

#8 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:13 AM

Who is the Download issue affecting....

Newer non paying members - YES

Newer paying members - Not Sure

Older paying and other special privileged members (such as mods, layout producers) - NO

Older non paying members - Not Sure

I'm not fussed about non paying members receiving any downloads, whether they are new or old members. They need to join DIF and either put up with download restrictions, or make a small donation and get everything available and the support from us members.

I am fussed about anyone who is a paid member here, getting what they have paid for. If you've paid for a membership, via Paypal and not got downloads available to you within 48 hours, then you need to send a message to the person they have paid and inform them. If they get no response within a week, then they need to contact Paypal to get their money back.

Not had any problems downloading anything. Cancelled my monthly Paypal ages ago.

#9 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:33 PM

Hi Dan 1

Have you received your account activation email and activated your account if you have not that might be the reason you can't download? 

#10 Dan1

Dan1

Astra Master

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

Hi Dan 1

Have you received your account activation email and activated your account if you have not that might be the reason you can't download? 

Yeah I got that. 

#11 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

Yeah I got that.

It might be because you are still in the new members group. maybe you have to post a certain amount of posts before you are moved in the regulars group

It would help if you post a screen shot of the error you are getting when you try to download so the mods can help you with your problems.

Edited by superbaron, 02 May 2020 - 03:27 PM.

#12 Dan1

Dan1

Astra Master

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:22 AM

It might be because you are still in the new members group. maybe you have to post a certain amount of posts before you are moved in the regulars group

It would help if you post a screen shot of the error you are getting when you try to download so the mods can help you with your problems.

Attached Files

Edited by Dan1, 03 May 2020 - 10:23 AM.

#13 Guest_chris82_*

Guest_chris82_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:12 AM

Most if not all of the layouts on here are available at Desert Island Fruits. If you sign up and introduce yourself there and maybe make a small donation you will have access to downloads.

Thats what i done, i tried for ages to renew my yearly payment here but had no luck, they didn't want or couldn't take my donation so I went elsewhere.

Ive always used this site, have done for many years, its a shame the owner has let it go.

#14 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:05 PM

Hi Dan 1

looks like the site as a problem that only the mods on this site can fix.

maybe you should take the advice that chris82 has made.  it's looks like the site owner does not care anymore about fruit.emu anymore.

#15 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:21 PM

Hi Dan 1

looks like the site as a problem that only the mods on this site can fix.

maybe you should take the advice that chris82 has made.  it's looks like the site owner does not care anymore about fruit.emu anymore.

Mods can't fix it. 

It's asking him to wait 17 secs.  If he can't download after the time then it's buggered and only the admin can fix it.  The Q still remains is the poster a supporter or not?  I suspect not since he has no badge.  Asking for people to PM layouts is a way of circumnavigating the 'donation' system as is not fair on those who do contribute.  Saying all of that though superbaron is indeed correct, the admin is AWOL so I would not really bother, so as people have suggested and join desert island fruit, bung a fiver or whatever in the pot and you'll have unlimited downloads.  

#16 Dan1

Dan1

Astra Master

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

Mods can't fix it. 

It's asking him to wait 17 secs.  If he can't download after the time then it's buggered and only the admin can fix it.  The Q still remains is the poster a supporter or not?  I suspect not since he has no badge.  Asking for people to PM layouts is a way of circumnavigating the 'donation' system as is not fair on those who do contribute.  Saying all of that though superbaron is indeed correct, the admin is AWOL so I would not really bother, so as people have suggested and join desert island fruit, bung a fiver or whatever in the pot and you'll have unlimited downloads.  

Geddy, I'm not a donator but can't you get me one file. That's it. I just want stars and stripes as it's not available on any other website. 

https://www.fruit-em...wdx-1024-vivid/

#17 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

So you're not a donator and want to circumvent the rules?

Why should you be different to any one else?

Why do you expect to get more than others who haven't donated?

Why are you such a self entitled greedy arsehole?

Pay or wait, take your pick!

Edited by chasnbons, 04 May 2020 - 10:18 AM.

#18 Dan1

Dan1

Astra Master

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:12 AM

Ok, sorry. Don't think u needed to be that aggressive though

Edited by Dan1, 04 May 2020 - 11:12 AM.

#19 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:23 AM

if you sign up to dif and donation somebody might kind enough to put what file you wont on dif

#20 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:26 PM

Ok, sorry. Don't think u needed to be that aggressive though

If you think me calling you a self entitled greedy arsehole is me being aggressive, you're wrong.

I thought myself rather reserved considering what I could have said 😉

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users