Photo
- - - - -

What is the current status of Fruit Emu?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:42 PM

As per the topic...

I don't come here often now, FME has long gone from my interest, although just recently I have been playing it again, unaware that a Windows 10 emulator had even been released for it - I was still playing MFME3, 9.5, 10.1 and the other first new releases of MFME 5 & 6.

As Alex left and abandoned Fruit Emu? If so, how is it being maintained? I know the few moderators here very well and am aware that they do post and advise, but is Fruit Emu being maintained for security, vulnerabilities and server updates still? Pete-W used to do them as far as I can remember and just wondering whether if this is still the case.

Also, if Alex has gone, as I haven't seen anything from him in ages, when is the lease due to expire for Fruit Emu's web licence and domain name? As he left it with the site to be updated, or decided to let Fruit Emu 'die' when it expires? Knowing him, I think he would like the latter, but there is vibrancy to the scene once more and it would be tragic to see Fruit Emu go like Fruit Forums did - especially now and with its vast database of layouts.

I hope the moderators will respond, or even Alex, if he still lurks about, because I'm sure a lot of the active members would like to know how Fruit Emu will develop and progress into the future.

Peace and love,

Daryl x

#2 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

I'd like to know too mate which is one of the main reasons why I haven't repeated my donation here(bet quite a few others have too). There has been a lot of speculation from being ill to not having the emulator hosted here. I have read many a thread which others have too and are completly puzzled about the whole situation. Ironic really as this is where I first started off but can't really be bothered anymore except for a comment here or there!!

#3 Guest_chris82_*

Guest_chris82_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:32 PM

Think id like to know as well, fruit emu was always good at getting back to people with queries and from what ive read of other peoples comments, its changed dramatically which is a bit strange.

#4 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

Hi Daryl

It's quite obvious that now more than ever he doesn't give a sh1t, if he ever really did at all.

To me he just wanted the glory of "saving" the site when he bought it and he revelled in the fact that he was in charge. Proven in the fact that apart from Pete and although there was the fiasco of voting for moderators, none of them were ever either good or trusted enough to have control in case of emergencies.

Over the years he's owned it, the place has gradually got worse and worse.

Suggestions have been made and they have always fallen on deaf ears.

He's only ever been interested in how he looks to other people and money (even before he owned the site) a job lot of special machine locks springs to mind, but that's another story.

Suffice to say, barring a miracle or him selling, imho this place will die (as it has been doing) a slow and painful death, especially as there's another go to place now. A site with an owner who cares about both the scene AND site members.

That place being DIF.

RIP FE

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

I wouldn’t say the voted moderators aren’t good enough chasnbons
They simply have no powers to keep the site updated.

It’s NOT the fault of the mods this failure lies to the captain of this sinking ship

Edited by vectra666, 29 February 2020 - 04:10 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:29 PM

Hi Daryl

It's quite obvious that now more than ever he doesn't give a sh1t, if he ever really did at all.

To me he just wanted the glory of "saving" the site when he bought it and he revelled in the fact that he was in charge. Proven in the fact that apart from Pete and although there was the fiasco of voting for moderators, none of them were ever either good or trusted enough to have control in case of emergencies.

Suffice to say, barring a miracle or him selling, imho this place will die (as it has been doing) a slow and painful death, especially as there's another go to place now. A site with an owner who cares about both the scene AND site members.

That place being DIF.

RIP FE

Totally agree bud, and one of the reasons I finished as a moderator here - he wasn't willing for us to do more than just moderate - and that isn't good enough on a site like this once was back then.

As I've said, I hardly do the forums now, just pop in and wish someone I might know Happy Birthday etc... I am a member at DIF - I perhaps better pop over more often now then, because I've noticed only too sadly, how this place is slowly being crushed into the ground - tragic really, considering how great the site once was back in the days.

#7 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

I wouldn’t say the voted moderators aren’t good enough chasnbons
They simply have no powers to keep the site updated.

It’s NOT the fault of the mods this failure lies to the captain of this sinking ship

If that's what I'd said then you'd have the right to pull me up on it.

As it is, it ISN'T what I said!

I was talking about how little ALEX thought of the Mods, as in he NEVER allowed any of them full control on the site, even if just in case of an emergency.

In future please either read what I post properly or don't bother commenting!

Totally agree bud, and one of the reasons I finished as a moderator here - he wasn't willing for us to do more than just moderate - and that isn't good enough on a site like this once was back then.

As I've said, I hardly do the forums now, just pop in and wish someone I might know Happy Birthday etc... I am a member at DIF - I perhaps better pop over more often now then, because I've noticed only too sadly, how this place is slowly being crushed into the ground - tragic really, considering how great the site once was back in the days.

Totally agree, and it's nice to see that some people can see what I was saying and not twist things.

#8 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:57 AM

We shouldn't be pissed of with each other as it is obvious that members only want what is best for this site. Bickering between each other won't change the fact that "Mr Site Owner" doesn't give a monkeys toss. So why should members!!!

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:54 AM

Hi Daryl

To me he just wanted the glory of "saving" the site when he bought it and he revelled in the fact that he was in charge. Proven in the fact that apart from Pete and although

""there was the fiasco of voting for moderators, none of them were ever either good or trusted enough to have control in case of emergencies.""

Suggestions have been made and they have always fallen on deaf ears.

He's only ever been interested in how he looks to other people and money (even before he owned the site) a job lot of special machine locks springs to mind, but that's another story.

That place being DIF.

RIP FE

uuhhh!! didn't you write this sentence in your post previously about

Either i read it wrong which i apologies or you have a problem with the voting topic still.

I know you hate me 150% and i really give a shit

anyways as said its not the moderators it lies with the owner

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#10 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:23 PM

Hi guys, I know I have Aspergers so I'll be as careful as I can be. First of all I do give a monkeys about this site, I use it with DIF and would be ashamed to see it go. I've made so many good friends here and shared my accordion playing, played guess the machine with sound effects and welcomed the epoch revolution along with S5 and a lot more S4 games, also new techs along the way. I would find time to comment on stuff, but now my life is just too damned busy with carers every day, still seeing dad, but sadly he has suspected pneumonia now so I'm spending as much time on the phone with him as I can. Also I'm saving up for appliances for a new bungalow which I will have 24-7 care so we are super busy. If I had time on my hands, honestly I'd comment on every single layout made, even the muted ones! It's a real shame these are unplayable for me, and I don't want FE or FME to dye itself even though we have DIF. This would see the future of me in locals wasting money, which I don't want to do. I need this for my activities plus bills etc and I don't want my epilepsy and stress levels taking my anxiety to total lonelyness and depression. You guys plus a huge help to richy1976 and Tommy C have helped me find layouts plus great custom sounds which make MFME 19.8 the best experience and I prefer this now rather than going to the local for what I call a "free coffee" for a laugh. I occasionally go in there and play OXO and listen to the big £500 touchscreen machines but that is now rare, once a month. Please don't take offence to this post. Take care all. Tom Grant.

#11 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:43 PM

We shouldn't be pissed of with each other as it is obvious that members only want what is best for this site. Bickering between each other won't change the fact that "Mr Site Owner" doesn't give a monkeys toss. So why should members!!!

Not bickering, just not prepared to be accused of saying something I didn't! Anyone with an ounce of common sense would see what was meant, but oh wait.....

#12 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:56 PM

uuhhh!! didn't you write this sentence in your post previously about

Either i read it wrong which i apologies or you have a problem with the voting topic still.
I know you hate me 150% and i really give a shit
anyways as said its not the moderators it lies with the owner

Yes I did and yes you read it wrong!

Why else would I have pulled you up on it?

What happened here is you skim read it, jumped to a conclusion and thought you'd have your say and a dig.

Big fcuking mistake oh two faced treacherous one.

One thing you are correct about is that I can't stand you, your attitude to people or the way you think it's ok to drop people like a hot potato when you've got what you want from them.

All that said, I refrain from interacting with you for 99.99% of the time but I won't be accused of saying something I didn't about people, a couple of who I know personally offline and am in regular contact with.

Why would I slag friends off, this would make me the same sort of person as you, and that is something I will never be.

Yes I can be a cnut when needed, but a two faced lair is something I could never be.

If in future you decide to comment on a post of mine, make sure you read it properly first!

#13 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:11 AM

I think one of the main reasons Alex might have lost interest is due to Wizard not allowing the latest version of mfme from being hosted. Or his illness has just put perspective on all the forum bullshit.

The petty arguments just cement his choice for not caring, if indeed he doesn’t care, but why would he keep it going if he really didn’t care? Lost interest is more likely. I don’t know Alex personally but this site is run as a business so it’s doubtful he would spite his own investment by letting it just die, there’s no reason for him doing this.

How well do you know him Darryl? Have you met him?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#14 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:05 AM

I don't know Alex either to be fair, I get to know people through the PM service here and chat that way. I just said my opinion on why I'm having a lot of time unavailable from the site to make a comment or 2 but like I said previously I would hate to see FE go and FME in its current state as well. I know mute layouts can't be helped.

#15 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

This topic is getting really tedious, it is a load of bollocks, been said before and just causes friction. I wonder who is having a good laugh at all this🤔

Having your John Thomas cut off with a rusty bread knife is more exciting than this!!

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 02 March 2020 - 11:22 AM.

#16 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:35 AM

How well do you know him Darryl? Have you met him?

J

I have met him a few times and I thought we were friends... I used to meet him at the Mecca Meets and I always got on well with him there.

I kept the friendship up on Facebook and also when I was a moderator here too, and long after I left.

Then suddenly, about a year or more ago, I suddenly found that he had removed me as a friend from Facebook, and blocked me on Fruit Emu messages, without any explanation or reason, as far as I'm concerned.

Not that it bothered me after a while, in fact I forgot all about it and still to this day I don't know what happened. But in looking back, that is how he seems to come across to most people - he can be all kindness and then suddenly, a dark mood descends and that is it.

He has had a lot of personal health worries in real life to contend with and he has my total support in sorting this out and getting back to top form - we all need to ensure that we are strong enough, physically and mentally to carry on regardless - and I hope that these health conditions he has suffered are sorting themselves out on a personal level for him... I know personally, it can't be easy.

#17 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

This topic is getting really tedious, it is a load of bollocks, been said before and just causes friction. I wonder who is having a good laugh at all this

Having your John Thomas cut off with a rusty bread knife is more exciting than this!!

Well, you can always ignore it and block it from showing up... I personally have asked a question, but still waiting for a reply, so I'm not finding it tedious at all.

#18 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:29 PM

No worries mate and good luck with the answer/s you are searching for. You may get a response in about 5 years.

Most have deserted this topic, so you will only get speculation until that "one" person puts in an appearance.

Have a good day Daryl

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 02 March 2020 - 02:33 PM.

#19 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

No worries mate and good luck with the answer/s you are searching for. You may get a response in about 5 years.

Most have deserted this topic, so you will only get speculation until that "one" person puts in an appearance.

Have a good day Daryl

Believe me, I wasn't being sarcastic with my response, I know it can be tedious keep seeing posts that get distracted, after all, this is Fruit Emu!

I know I won't get a personal response from the man himself, I accept that... But I know there are moderators here who could let us know roughly, was is going to happen - I know they don't see Alex himself in the Mod section as well, as when I was a moderator, he never popped up there unless it was to impose more restrictions to our duties!

#20 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:18 PM

Believe me, I wasn't being sarcastic with my response, I know it can be tedious keep seeing posts that get distracted, after all, this is Fruit Emu!

I know I won't get a personal response from the man himself, I accept that... But I know there are moderators here who could let us know roughly, was is going to happen - I know they don't see Alex himself in the Mod section as well, as when I was a moderator, he never popped up there unless it was to impose more restrictions to our duties!

Don't be silly mate, you have every right to seek the answers to your question, Jesus H Christ loads of others have over the years and has popped up several times about Chris's emulator not being hosted on here as being one of the reasons. I don't blame him and he and everyone else mostly knew he was right. You don't see Pete and others over at the Mecca chucking a wobbly as the descision is respected and black is black!!

If I am wrong or inaccurate please feel free to correct me as it strongly seems some let the past overflow into the future, especially negativity. I was in essence being sarky but not to you but to the running of this site.

Even though it is a bit of a mess and Alex won't respond, at least we have the likes of our mods to try and do what they can for members.

That says a lot about them so from me, thank you to all the is keeping the lights on even if they cannot shut them off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users