Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What's going on with DIF? Please explain?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

Hi. Before we go on any further, I do not wish to reveal any confidential info, but I have difficulty understanding things like managing my money and I need to save it for moving house which could be a matter of weeks! Anyway, I went to download cash or nudge from DIF today and this message came up with absolutely no explanation why, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. I'm logged in as "I have finished". This was the error: "sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file." If this is an ongoing problem for donaters who are logged in then I'll see this as a server error or something but I really would like to try this layout out because it was a must play for me back in yesteryear.

Thanks for reading and also for understanding why I cannot donate although I love both sites I'd think about it maybe in the future.

You're all great!

Tom :)

#2 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

Hi. Before we go on any further, I do not wish to reveal any confidential info, but I have difficulty understanding things like managing my money and I need to save it for moving house which could be a matter of weeks! Anyway, I went to download cash or nudge from DIF today and this message came up with absolutely no explanation why, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. I'm logged in as "I have finished". This was the error: "sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file." If this is an ongoing problem for donaters who are logged in then I'll see this as a server error or something but I really would like to try this layout out because it was a must play for me back in yesteryear.

Thanks for reading and also for understanding why I cannot donate although I love both sites I'd think about it maybe in the future.

You're all great!

Tom :)

You could have PM'd me directly at DIF rather then post this here.

Anyway - there is no problem with the site - you have simply exceeded your download limit.

Limits have been put in place to stop people continually taking from the site - although the downloads are fair that allows people that support and those who do not support to enjoy the site in an equal manner.

#3 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:11 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't know. When you say limits, I haven't downloaded anything as of yet today, so I shouldn't have ecceded any limits today if it works like fruit-emu did where you could download a fair few files a day, wait til the next, then continue downloading. And sorry that I didn't PM you directly. Please can you PM me the layout for me as I am so desperate to try it? Like I say I would support the site if I could by donating.

#4 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:15 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't know. When you say limits, I haven't downloaded anything as of yet today, so I shouldn't have ecceded any limits today if it works like fruit-emu did where you could download a fair few files a day, wait til the next, then continue downloading. And sorry that I didn't PM you directly. Please can you PM me the layout for me as I am so desperate to try it? Like I say I would support the site if I could by donating.

The limits are monthly and you've probably downloaded a whole load of stuff over the past 30 days - it's a rolling month.

#5 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

If you really want the layout then donate, it's that simple, just a one off £5 ( it's not a monthly payment ) or something will give you unlimited downloads forever.

Otherwise you'll have to respect the download limits like everyone else.

Edited by Wizard, 22 September 2019 - 02:28 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#6 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:05 PM

Take, take, take smh. People still don't get it!! Personally, I wouldn't give him the layout because he has exceeded his download limit. It is a proverbial kick in the bollocks for members that support the sites.

#7 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:39 AM

This guy I believe is partially sighted, Im not sure if he is in charge of his own money, maybe he has someone that looks after his finances etc.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#8 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

Im not saying that he should get any special treatment, I was just pointing out that he does have issues and maybe its not so easy for him finance wise.

J

#9 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:12 AM

I know what it's like to not be in charge of your own finances. It's called being married!

#10 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:18 AM

I'm sorry that he has issues, but this shouldn't be used to circumvent the site rules.

Simply by asking for someone to do this, is imho just wrong.

He must know someone with PayPal who could donate for him and he refund them the fiver?

Failing that, send Reg a cheque or postal order!

There is no reason whatsoever nowadays that people can't pay for something online.

As for downloading a few a day and waiting till next day then rinse and repeat, how the hell can you manage to get through so many layouts in 24 hours?

Saving for your new house? Like a fiver would make any difference ffs! 😡🤬

#11 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:40 AM

I believe he interacts with emulated machines via sound only and uses speech to text to interact with people online. Maybe cut him a little slack?

J

#12 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:45 AM

I believe he interacts with emulated machines via sound only and uses speech to text to interact with people online. Maybe cut him a little slack?

J

All this may be true, but I'm sorry, it in no way excuses trying to get more than others who haven't donated by asking for files to be sent rather than downloaded.

If he wants more than allowed then maybe go back to getting them from here, oh wait he can't seeing this place is in such a God awful state!

I might sound harsh, but being disabled shouldn't mean you are above a sites rules and that you get for free, privileges which others have paid to get.

#13 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:13 AM

J

Did he get his PC and internet free, I believe NO!

Shall we all take pity on him and show no respect for him(that will enhance his self-worth)?

I don't buy it. Especially with what has gone on as of late.

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 23 September 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#14 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

I know what it's like to not be in charge of your own finances. It's called being married!

If your wife sees this you'll be sleeping on the f*****g sofa for 6 months with no food in your belly and no tickley wickley

#15 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

I'm so glad I've finished with FME after all these years, if this is how it has become...

#16 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

I'm so glad I've finished with FME after all these years, if this is how it has become...

It hasn't become anything Daryl, it's the same old story of someone wanting more, and because this site is in such a dire state, they thought they'd try their luck at getting more elsewhere.

Reg implemented the download limits to stop others doing the same thing, so why should this member be treated any differently?

After all, most disabled people keep saying they want to be treated as equals and you can't have it both ways.

Hope you're ok btw?

#17 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:42 PM

If your wife sees this you'll be sleeping on the f*****g sofa for 6 months with no food in your belly and no tickley wickley

Thats why I got devorced! LOL

#18 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:24 PM

It hasn't become anything Daryl, it's the same old story of someone wanting more, and because this site is in such a dire state, they thought they'd try their luck at getting more elsewhere.

Reg implemented the download limits to stop others doing the same thing, so why should this member be treated any differently?

After all, most disabled people keep saying they want to be treated as equals and you can't have it both ways.

Hope you're ok btw?

I'm fine buddy and to be honest I didn't really mean you... I know you, and I know you say it as it is.

What I'm talking about is sensitivity... I mean 'ihavefinished' never said he was disabled to start off with. I know he is blind and has carers to look after his financial situation, like I have in fact - and I know that he could tell them to donate some of his money towards downloads etc., especially if he loves FME as much as he does - but cut him a little slack.

Not being in charge of your finances is bad enough, but being lectured about it and putting him down because of it, is a little bit much for me, especially how past and some present forum members have been so caring and understanding with my situation.

Peace and love,

Daryl x

#19 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

OK guys I understand all this now and it will all get sorted once my housing issues are sorted I promise. Daryl I feel for you and understand your needs too and I wasn't stating that I wanted to be treated any differently, it's just that I had no idea about the limits that Reg set up. I also know most of you guys send me modified machines that have been set on almost low volume. The speech to text cannot identify back door, cash door and refill door and mouse access is weird with this blind software stuff. Please take this into account. I do care for FME and will donate to both sites when all finances are dealt with on the housing side. Thanks to FME, I have stopped going to the local quite often, I just pop there for free coffeees and hot chocolates (our little secret)! Haha. This is why I like to see what machines are available and forgot all about limits lol :) like I said I didn't know that Reg set up limits but I did know about this site. Does Dadsfme.com have limits too? Many thanks for all help and for those who thought were offending me please appologise, but for those cutting me some slack thanks very much I'm glad you understand me, in fact, slight correction: Totally blind since birth, epeleptic and mild aspergers. This is why I may also be abrupt.

#20 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:04 PM

Sorry to go 'Off Topic' a bit, but what's 'Tickley Wickley' ????  Is it the same as 'How's yer father?' in my day??? Only it was rationed in the war you know, still is !!! :policeman: :policeman: :policeman:

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users