56 replies to this topic

#21 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

Sorry that's what I meant, a moderator.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#22 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

i know myself and Ady etc had our differences but at least he knew how to run and operate the site to the best of his abilities.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that comment. 

Respect to you Vec's....Cyber Pint to you bud.

#23 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:23 PM

Can someone actually confirm if the file is still visible, because I cannot see it anymore.

As to Richy, the situation is that Pete W will ban him as soon as Alex gives the affirmative. As far as I am aware Richy is not a silver supporter and hasn't been since 2016. The subscription module is not linked to the membership status, so each change has to be processed manually by Alex or one of the other admins.

The issue here is Alex no longer has any interest in the site. Until he flogs it l, gives it away, closes it down or hands over the reins to someone else, no progress is going to happen, or in Geddy's words we are wading through treacle. I personally would hand over my mod position in a heartbeat, but that would require admin action, and guess what.....

Think that about sums it up from my perspective.

#24 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that comment. 

Respect to you Vec's....Cyber Pint to you bud.

Just thinking , Have you still got the admin rights or were they taking back when you were demoted to mod??
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#25 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:53 PM

Mods on here do a good enough job on here even with limited powers and are active in other groups like Dads and DIF. Bet they are just as frustrated as others.

Something is better than nothing, so thank you Modadmins(new name for ya)

#26 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:30 PM

A long long time ago, someone passed a comment on here in reply to a post I made, that they thought they might be a friend of Dorothy.

Now I'm just wondering if they have managed to suppress those tendencies and are now that far back in the closet, they've ended up in fu***ng Narnia and can't find their way back?

This might explain any awkward silence.

Btw I fully expect this post to vanish, along with my membership here, but hey ho, such is life

#27 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:13 PM

This is why I don't normally post or interact anymore,

Things have took a turn and a very bad turn indeed, it isn't once what it used to be as it seems to be a FREE FOR ALL now.

I did try to create a layout a fair while ago with 'Ady' on 'Money Talks' but gave up as I ain't good when it comes to it as it would of been a disaster if I did do it!

The thing here is, people are uploading other people's work and is it any wonder why so many creators don't want to release their work on here anymore and upload it elsewhere? I don't blame them as their getting their hard work cut short and not many people actually give a thanks or that as I see only a fair few who actually say their thanks in the comments.

I do applaud all the layout creators and that and especially Wizard on the MFME Project and that, but I think it's high time to start thinking whether Fruit-Emu needs to be updated with newer Admins/Mods who can control/take over and for things to 'try' and go back to what they first were or just simply merge with another site.

I ain't saying the ones we have now don't do their fair share and that, they do an outstanding job but you can't expect them to be on all the time to deal with something like this when it does come or other useless stuff.

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#28 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:12 PM

Can someone actually confirm if the file is still visible, because I cannot see it anymore.

I think I managed to delete the files, both of them, first one was a set of sc5 roms and the second a £100 jp DOND by Vecs..

The issue here is Alex no longer has any interest in the site. Until he flogs it l, gives it away, closes it down or hands over the reins to someone else, no progress is going to happen, or in Geddy's words we are wading through treacle.

Indeed but this member (O.P.) only joined 25th Aug and has a subscription which MUST have been handeled manually by Alex, so he is 'aware' at the very least.  He also answers questions etc on the Facebook page.  So again he is 'active' as such.

I personally would hand over my mod position in a heartbeat, but that would require admin action, and guess what.....

Indeed I'm afraid I can agree it has sort of come to that.  We as mods are banging our heads against the wall.  I'm just very grateful that the vast majority of the membership realise the issues are not our fault as such and that to a certain degree our hands are tied.  It's like whack-a-mole and we are trying to be the life support of a very damaged body with only one sticky plaster.

Think that about sums it up from my perspective.

...and a few others I'm sure.

#29 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

This is why I don't normally post or interact anymore,

Things have took a turn and a very bad turn indeed, it isn't once what it used to be as it seems to be a FREE FOR ALL now.

I did try to create a layout a fair while ago with 'Ady' on 'Money Talks' but gave up as I ain't good when it comes to it as it would of been a disaster if I did do it!

The thing here is, people are uploading other people's work and is it any wonder why so many creators don't want to release their work on here anymore and upload it elsewhere? I don't blame them as their getting their hard work cut short and not many people actually give a thanks or that as I see only a fair few who actually say their thanks in the comments.

I do applaud all the layout creators and that and especially Wizard on the MFME Project and that, but I think it's high time to start thinking whether Fruit-Emu needs to be updated with newer Admins/Mods who can control/take over and for things to 'try' and go back to what they first were or just simply merge with another site.

I ain't saying the ones we have now don't do their fair share and that, they do an outstanding job but you can't expect them to be on all the time to deal with something like this when it does come or other useless stuff.

Cant agree more!

@ Geddy

It's like whack-a-mole and we are trying to be the life support of a very damaged body with only one sticky plaster.

Again cant agree more.

Sinking ship with holes in the hull that no ones repairing comes to mind.

Having been sat back and watching things unfold yet again this ship needs sinking and rebuilding for the ground up. Facebook page is only used when the site goes off line, Theres no updated download sections in place, files are all over the show. Member's are taking the piss( and i mean here with slots r us which i didnt know who the member was till said in the post) No one's gone though the inactive members and deleted accounts.

Just what is is am paying for being a silver member here???????????

I pay more over at DIF and get a lot more back a site that is willing to move with the times and along with Chris Aka Wizard, the layout creators, and Reg.

In the end the creators will stop uploading as they have a place to upload there excellent work.

But fruit emu does really need to sort itself out BIG TIME!! and not just a touch of paint here and there and that will do for a couple of years.

Ps if anyone can tell me what am getting for my tenners (£10) comments below. Thanks.

Edited by evo1, 08 September 2019 - 07:41 PM.

#30 RUKI2909

RUKI2909

• Regulars
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:02 PM

im out of here thanks for the 12 years been some great releases thanks to all you guys who put the hard work in #] 

Posted Image

#31 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:39 AM

Just thinking , Have you still got the admin rights or were they taking back when you were demoted to mod??

Still have them, what do you need?

#32 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:13 AM

Full Admin rights, or does the absent one still have to approve?

#33 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:14 AM

For you to sort the site out if you can.
Like what members have asked for.

#34 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

As to Richy, the situation is that Pete W will ban him as soon as Alex gives the affirmative. As far as I am aware Richy is not a silver supporter and hasn't been since 2016.

If this is who I'm thinking, I'm stunned!

Just goes to show you have no idea about people, unless you know/have met them etc.

#35 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

Just goes to show you have no idea about people, unless you know/have met them etc.

Same here chasnbons,
I’d of never of thought it would be him, maybe I shouldn’t offer layout advice in future.

#36 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:38 PM

Same here chasnbons,
I’d of never of thought it would be him, maybe I shouldn’t offer layout advice in future.

snap...i was also surprised.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#37 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:05 PM

This place could also do with a dads cull of members I mean the two birthdays on here today for instance they last logged on here in
2006/2009 respectively and maybe a introduction topic where the newer members need to post before posting else where and finally a post count on when they can start downloading and finally finally bring back the authorisations for uploads especially for newer members?

#38 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

This place could also do with a dads cull of members I mean the two birthdays on here today for instance they last logged on here in
2006/2009 respectively and maybe a introduction topic where the newer members need to post before posting else where and finally a post count on when they can start downloading and finally finally bring back the authorisations for uploads especially for newer members?

Fu***ng hell, you don't want much do you!

Why not contact the owner and offer to buy him out?

That way you can implement as many changes as you want.

In the meantime, try and get your head round the fact that bugger all is ever going to happen unless the said owner releases his vice like grip on the place and he allows the Mods to do the job they were elected to do!

#39 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:12 AM

Not richy1976 surely?  If so, then that's really disappointing.  He does some good layouts and contributes a lot to the scene :(

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#40 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

Not richy1976 surely?  If so, then that's really disappointing.  He does some good layouts and contributes a lot to the scene :(

No, surely!
If it is then he is a damn hypocrite. If not, statement retracted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users