#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:48 PM

What is the game, does it have a title or a image? As we don't know what we're downloading could be anything??
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

Looks like it's possibly a test or pisstake by someone.

Similar one in the RSS feeds over a DIF, which leads to a page not found error from fruit-emu http://www.desertisl...ic/3405-danile/

#4 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:19 PM

has anyone opened it 

#5 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

S5 roms... but still they need to be uploaded properly.  Guess when when us lowly mods try and delete it we get a database error...   :bigeyes19:  :bigeyes19:  :bigeyes19:

• ady likes this

#6 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

What is this file.seen 2 random ones now

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#7 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:25 AM

What is this file.seen 2 random ones now

From what Geddy says above, they appear to have been S5 roms. Possibly from a machine previously unsupported.

#8 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

Actually this one was one of the £100 DOND layouts that had not been released here....  Sorry I do not have 'permission' to deal with this correctly as a mod. :(

(Guess you all know what this means..)

#9 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

(Guess you all know what this means..)

Certainly do!

If I were to spell it out though, I bet I'd be banned in minutes ;) :)

Edited cos it stole my smilies!

Edited by chasnbons, 08 September 2019 - 09:12 AM.

#10 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

Am i missing something here?  This guys uploading other peoples work and is just left to run a mock?  Why hasnt the file been removed? Why hasnt the thread been deleted?  Why hasnt he been restricted from uploading?

What the f*** is happening to fruit emu?

Do we have admin? Anyone that cares that is? 

Over the years i have contributed a shit load of time to this place, with help,layouts etc,and it just seems nobody gives a shit about the place anymore. I mean the member who stole our work and flogged it on ebay still hasnt been banned,why? Because hes a silver supporter?  Or because the admin here thinks he hasnt broke any rules. 

Well he f*****g has its called shitting on people,i was sending this guy brand new layouts to test whilst mfme 19 was in tesr phase,this wouldnt have happened if the admin gave a toss and got rid,thats made me feel like a right nob head.

I mean what the hell is the problem with getting answers from the site owner?  Are us mear minions not worthy of a response or action being taken against these people tarnishing the site .

Get it sorted for f***s sake.

Hold the bells mate.

#11 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:56 AM

what layout was it tommy?? if these layouts not available on here are leaked then they might aswell be released on here, my personal £100 layouts may or may not be finally on here that depends on a few things.. 

I also know who the member was and i also am not happy still can't believe this guy actually stated these layouts we're his own work, well some of them were.

I too helped this guy out and sent them layouts to test etc, even wizard trusted them, he helped the community out too.

As for Admins of this site, i've spoken to barcrest j via pm about this and suggested make some of the mods, admins or at least give them the powers to ban members and to sort out the download/gallery area's.

If Aaamusements still want s the site then maybe he could just be a silent owner sorting out the donations,etc and let the trusted mods/admins take care of the front window/shop.

if the business you owned had a rat infestation you'd soon do something about it!!!

i know myself and Ady etc had our differences but at least he knew how to run and operate the site to the best of his abilities.

Edited by vectra666, 08 September 2019 - 10:56 AM.

#12 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:25 AM

what layout was it tommy?

I said above what they were and I told you when you released here you were basically feeding the ebay seller as he's not banned but you would not listen because you want as many people thanking you as possible under the guise that it's your 'home' site blah blah blah.  However you still complain that people are selling 'your' work... told you that you can't have it both ways.  

#13 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:41 AM

Well if the member here who has uploaded it, can be identified, I guess they need banning from DIF.

• ady likes this

#14 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

Well if the member here who has uploaded it, can be identified, I guess they need banning from DIF.

I'm on the case... waiting for Reg to liaise ;)

#15 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

Am i missing something here?  This guys uploading other peoples work and is just left to run a mock?  Why hasnt the file been removed? Why hasnt the thread been deleted?  Why hasnt he been restricted from uploading?

What the f*** is happening to fruit emu?

Do we have admin? Anyone that cares that is? 

Over the years i have contributed a shit load of time to this place, with help,layouts etc,and it just seems nobody gives a shit about the place anymore. I mean the member who stole our work and flogged it on ebay still hasnt been banned,why? Because hes a silver supporter?  Or because the admin here thinks he hasnt broke any rules. 

Well he f*****g has its called shitting on people,i was sending this guy brand new layouts to test whilst mfme 19 was in tesr phase,this wouldnt have happened if the admin gave a toss and got rid,thats made me feel like a right nob head.

I mean what the hell is the problem with getting answers from the site owner?  Are us mear minions not worthy of a response or action being taken against these people tarnishing the site .

Get it sorted for f***s sake.

Fruit Emu started dying a long while ago now....

#16 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:30 PM

I said above what they were and I told you when you released here you were basically feeding the ebay seller as he's not banned but you would not listen because you want as many people thanking you as possible under the guise that it's your 'home' site blah blah blah.  However you still complain that people are selling 'your' work... told you that you can't have it both ways.

You said they were sc5 roms that could be any machine??
As for releasing here as said it’s my decision and again why should those that frequent/donate on this site lose out??
One member against a few thousand.
As for £100 layouts these will remain for the time being exclusive to DIF anything else will be uploaded where I feel fit.
As for the thanks no one needs to thank me, I do what I do for personal use.

#17 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

You said they were sc5 roms that could be any machine??
As for releasing here as said it’s my decision and again why should those that frequent/donate on this site lose out??
One member against a few thousand.
As for £100 layouts these will remain for the time being exclusive to DIF anything else will be uploaded where I feel fit.
As for the thanks no one needs to thank me, I do what I do for personal use.

Post #8 I said it was a DOND layout, one of your £100 ones.  Yes it's your decision to release here, those who donate are not the real reason it's the 'thank yous.'  One member against a few 1000 is exactly my point.  However like I said all you are doing is making it easier for that particular eBay seller whilst on the other hand whinging about your work being sold... what is it to be, 'thanks yous' vs 'less work sold?'  You can't have both.

What difference is it if it's £100 jackpot or £5 jackpot?  Your logic is totally flawed.. 

Doing it for personal use is absolute tosh, if that was true you would never release anything.  How can it be for personal use if you release it to as you put it 1000's of members... please do not patronise me I'm not a total idiot.. 

#18 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:10 PM

Good points on all parts but here's a thing....

@Geddy, you are very active both here and DIF, it would make sense that admin poked their heads out of the panic room and made you an admin. Does not matter if lots get done as it is more about communication more than anything and you have to put up with ALL the shit that is thrown at you, good or bad. After all, would you pick up and speak into a telephone with no power in it!!

P.s. I think you are a diamond geezer for that.

#19 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

tbh I thought he was an Admin on here or certainly used to be.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#20 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2019 - 03:56 PM

No just a mod, things have been suggested via an intermediary but no progress or slow progress has been made.... unfortunately we are walking in treacle here when the FME World flies by at the speed of light..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users