• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:17 PM

Once you have the files unzipped onto the desktop you need to run the DXsetup exe.

J

Thanks J for the info.

Did not fully follow this but placed everything in my downloads and ran the dxjune and bingo it worked. :cute:  :cute:

Ive restored my genius status in tech land-not.

Jay

#42 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

the direct x 2010 app needs to go into your computers system not the desktop or the mfme file
Follow instructions from this topic
https://www.fruitemu...-thread/&page=2

Thanks Vectra

Couldn't follow any of it-but i'm honest at least.

Could have just said yes ive cracked it now and fully understand-far from it.

But for everyone else who like me is completely clueless with tech.

I placed all the files of the directxjune into my downloads section.

I then ran the dxsetup and hey presto it did something v.different and now i'm playing some great golden oldies,saving them and enjoying them yet again.

Thank you to everyone who helped me out-much appreciated.

A virtual pint all round :pizza:  :pizza: -well have a slice of pizza instead lol.

I can hear you all screaming hale fecking lul ya.

Jay

#43 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:36 PM

No probs I couldn't get the thing to run at the start as also shite at computers, I remember I couldn't even get the layouts to run via the old mfmes adding all the separate files in one big file,
so eventually they conflicted with each other given wrong ID chips etc
As for this I think once you've installed direct x 2010 you can delete the files in your download section
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#44 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

No probs I couldn't get the thing to run at the start as also shite at computers, I remember I couldn't even get the layouts to run via the old mfmes adding all the separate files in one big file,
so eventually they conflicted with each other given wrong ID chips etc
As for this I think once you've installed direct x 2010 you can delete the files in your download section

Least am not alone then!

I would rather leave everything as it is now Vectra-when I start meddling is when things go wrong.

I'm lucky in this respect I had a good friend save everything off my xp desk top.

So I pretty much have all the slots saved pre 2015 and that's a bloody big catalogue!

Just nothing was saved on my laptop that had all the emulators etc-so hence me starting from scratch-yet again!! :err:  :err:  :nah:  :nah:

Now it's just extraction time in between sorting out real life.

Appreciate all your help.

Jay

#45 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

Hi,

Probably a bit of a noob question here sorry,

I've joined up and paid so I can download and play these fruit machines you very talented ppl make everyone..

I downloaded a version of mfme 9.4 from fruit-machine-emulators.com a while ago, along with a few games they have on the same site.

after looking at these forums through, I seen the far better games available from you guys so I joined up and paid so I'd be able to download them.

I've managed to download the Simpsons one, along with a few others, but it says I require MFME 5 to play it...??

None of the ones ive downloaded from here work on the MFME version i have.

could anyone please enlighten me on where I can download, MFME 5 or whichever one I need....???

I found someone posted a link to the very latest MFME, but when i tried to get it, it said "you don't have permission", even though my account has been approved. and im able to download the games,

so basically I can get the games, but my MFME i have, wont play them..... and i dont know where to download the version i need

please help?? 

thank you

Hi mate

Did you get sorted with this now?

I finally sorted it all out with a tad of help!

Read on to the end of the posts and you will see what I did and how other members sorted it all out too.

Jay

#46 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:26 AM

Glad you are up and running buddy. I believe that people like Vectra and myself feel what you are going through and if you need anything else dont be a stranger. 

Also, if you need layouts and/or Roms just ask, as there is a tremendous amount of people that can assist you!!

#47 shacklfc

shacklfc

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:47 PM

Hi mate

Did you get sorted with this now?

I finally sorted it all out with a tad of help!

Read on to the end of the posts and you will see what I did and how other members sorted it all out too.

Jay

Hello mate, 

not quite, I decided I needed a holiday..... 

I'm gonna have another go soon.

I've conceded to what machines I have working on V.19 for the time being. got 2 diferent DOND that are pretty sharp, so they'll do me for now.

I just don't get how I managed to fire up both 9.4 and v.19 without any issue yet this 5.1 is just hopeless it seems. 

I'll have a good read through this thread tho, and I'm glad ur up and running pal..

Is right!

#48 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

Hello mate, 

I've conceded to what machines I have working on V.19 for the time being. got 2 diferent DOND that are pretty sharp, so they'll do me for now.

I just don't get how I managed to fire up both 9.4 and v.19 without any issue yet this 5.1 is just hopeless it seems. 

I'll have a good read through this thread tho, and I'm glad ur up and running pal..

Is right!

At least one person is done. Have you headed over to Desertislandfruits yet?

#49 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Hello mate, 

Is right!

Hi mate

We all need a break.

Looking forward to mine in 3 weeks :cute:  :cute:

Any help you need send me a pm and i'l try my very best.

You should be able to sort things now from the latter end of these posts.

Enjoy yr time away.

Jay

#50 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

I can't use 5.1 to open a fruity tho, because I can't open 5.1, says no pacdrive.dll found every time, like I explained 1 post up from yours.

I get that 5.1 is used to convert older games to v.19, and I read up about about how to convert it, thanks for explaining that anyway tho, but cant convert because i cant run it i the first place. 5.1 I mean

I'll give the layout creators info a look thanks,

If you had read the release thread it says:

"Please ensure you have already downloaded v5.0 first, then just replace that binary with this one"

It says that because the pacdrive.dll file wasn't included in the 5.1 download

So download and install 5.0 first, then replace the MFME.exe with the one in the 5.1 download

MFME v5.0 Can be found here:

https://www.fruitemu...release-thread/

Edited by Wizard, 24 August 2019 - 06:37 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#51 wokingjames

wokingjames

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:26 PM

Seems very confusing, I'm also struggling with finding 5.1 anywhere, something about downloading it from the MPU Mecca site?  Would it not be easier to simply have the file available on here or DIF?  Unable to download much on here as have version 6.1 and 19.4 but the fabled 5.1 seems to be like gold dust?

#52 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Seems very confusing, I'm also struggling with finding 5.1 anywhere, something about downloading it from the MPU Mecca site?  Would it not be easier to simply have the file available on here or DIF?  Unable to download much on here as have version 6.1 and 19.4 but the fabled 5.1 seems to be like gold dust?

The gold dust is v19. 5.1 is a stepping stone to the main mans current version.

#53 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

MFME v5.1 Release Thread - MFME DEVELOPMENT - The MPU Mecca

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#54 wokingjames

wokingjames

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:19 PM

Thanks Wizard but why does it involve me registering for another site? I don't get it. Also its RAR file format what do I need to download to allow my computer to process that file? Thanks

#55 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:37 PM

Because it does.

Google winrar.

#56 wokingjames

wokingjames

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

It's maybe fine for veteran users but not particularly accessible for new users and I'd have thought that would be one of the aims of this site. Nonetheless I will follow the simple instructions and attempt to get up and running.

#57 wokingjames

wokingjames

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

After giving my laptop an STD (probably) while downloading the RAR program, when I click on your link for 5.1 it then goes to open version 19 of MFME so I don't know whats going on.

#58 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:58 PM

I suggest you follow Wizards or any other experienced members direction because they are a great help(still learning myself too). Welcome to the site and may the force be with you.

#59 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:40 AM

After giving my laptop an STD (probably) while downloading the RAR program, when I click on your link for 5.1 it then goes to open version 19 of MFME so I don't know whats going on.

Looks like you haven't installed winrar properly. When you click the download link, it should open winrar and show the contents of the rar file which you then unpack.

It seems like you have associated .rar files to open with MFME somehow?!?

Did you download winrar from https://www.win-rar....start.html?&L=0

Edited by Wizard, 26 August 2019 - 07:43 AM.

#60 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:31 AM

Removed due to user error !  

Mine ! :D

Edited by Reg, 26 August 2019 - 11:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users