• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

Someone said to me the other day" what enjoyment do you get out of FME(but not in that context), because you don't win anything!" Preservation is a part of life.

What would you say or has anyone come across this too?
  • ady likes this

#2 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

Preserving all the classics we used to love as you said.

#3 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

Mine would be the love of bringing the oldies back to life . Reminding me of the time when you paid for amusement. 80% of the layouts ive made i probs haven't played since making them. Any game that can be saved and preserved deserves a layout imo,dond exluded mind!!!

Hold the bells mate.

#4 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

@Tommy. DOND!!!! Sounds like whacking a bell with a hammer I bet a lot of you designers don't play most of your games but it must give you a thrill to put something new up(whether or not it has been done before and believe, I get that now).

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 08 July 2019 - 12:29 PM.

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

Too me emulation of fruits is about reliving your misspent youth of sitting in the gritty arcades, And having the pleasure of playing these forgotten memories, then there’s the added satisfaction of actually remaking the memories from scratch like a few examples of my layouts, take two, cash counter , cash wise etc upto the remake of cloud 999 the list goes on!!
As a gambler these emulations give you that “fix” without the financial cost, of course you can never replace that actual feeling of winning or losing cold hard cash, unless you’ve done a “Reg” and made a payout mfme machine!!
But now with the advancement of mfme and it’s coin effects etc it’s the nearest we’ll get to the real deal.
Next question? Do you actually play these emulations as if you would in the real world or do you just force the poop out of them?
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:05 PM

Tell them to F**k off and dont judge me for what i do or who i am. An ex fruit addict( hopefully  cause you know how easy them lights and sound draw you in) but arcades are just not the same, felt like a 2nd home back in the day you just felt comfortable in there, know most tricks????? pocket full of tokens at the end of the night ready for the next day.

If not £35 would last all day on a good day.

As with anything in life the older we get the more we wont the good old days back E.g. days of are childhood/youth were it be cars,bmx's,choppers etc,cause modern life is shit.

#7 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:21 PM

Tell them to F**k off and dont judge me for what i do or who i am. An ex fruit addict( hopefully  cause you know how easy them lights and sound draw you in) but arcades are just not the same, felt like a 2nd home back in the day you just felt comfortable in there, know most tricks????? pocket full of tokens at the end of the night ready for the next day.
If not £35 would last all day on a good day.
As with anything in life the older we get the more we wont the good old days back E.g. days of are childhood/youth were it be cars,bmx's,choppers etc,cause modern life is shit.

Can't tell me mum to f*** off mate or I'll get a slap(you wasn't to know but if it was anyone else I'd agree). I know I have said it before but Degsy I f*****g love you for bringing me into this realm!! If it wasn't for him I would never of known about FME Love em all from FE, DIF and Dad's. f*****g madhouse and just my type of place and people.

#8 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:23 PM

Too me emulation of fruits is about reliving your misspent youth of sitting in the gritty arcades, And having the pleasure of playing these forgotten memories, then theres the added satisfaction of actually remaking the memories from scratch like a few examples of my layouts, take two, cash counter , cash wise etc upto the remake of cloud 999 the list goes on!!
As a gambler these emulations give you that fix without the financial cost, of course you can never replace that actual feeling of winning or losing cold hard cash, unless youve done a Reg and made a payout mfme machine!!
But now with the advancement of mfme and its coin effects etc its the nearest well get to the real deal.
Next question? Do you actually play these emulations as if you would in the real world or do you just force the poop out of them?

I could play many(not emptiers) for at least a couple of hours especially JPMs.

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 08 July 2019 - 07:24 PM.

#9 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:36 PM

Too me emulation of fruits is about reliving your misspent youth of sitting in the gritty arcades, And having the pleasure of playing these forgotten memories, then theres the added satisfaction of actually remaking the memories from scratch like a few examples of my layouts, take two, cash counter , cash wise etc upto the remake of cloud 999 the list goes on!!
As a gambler these emulations give you that fix without the financial cost, of course you can never replace that actual feeling of winning or losing cold hard cash, unless youve done a Reg and made a payout mfme machine!!
But now with the advancement of mfme and its coin effects etc its the nearest well get to the real deal.

I could play many(not emptiers) for at least a couple of hours especially JPMs.

i play them till i get the streak( £4-4.80) ones, the others play till get jackpot repeaters then leave that machine go play one of the lot we have then, go back at sum point as we all have are favorite machines and do it all again.

Edited by evo1, 08 July 2019 - 07:38 PM.

#10 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:01 PM

money wasnt money when i was playing them....it was either more plays (winning) or go home early with my "itch" not scratched (loosing).

i used to, and thanks to MFME, still do enjoying PLAYING the games....

Cash or tokens...it didnt matter, they were just a required "component" of how long i could continue playing "the game" for.

So why do I enjoy playing Emulation over a real fruit machine?...

because the nasty, distroctive, life destroying, (my own and everyone around me) mood killing, sucidal thoughts, mental health, law breaking and a GORDON HOUSE resident (twice! got kicked out both times) are NOT required playing via emulation...the "BAD" part of "the game" has been removed.

I love playing Fruit Machines, all the downsides imho are not present via MFME

also, its not just the playing that i enjoy, but i also love the MFME community online....all these folk with the same interest in MFME and real machines from a techinal perspective.

ive been an addict, (still am, but no real machines for 22yrs!)  a field service engineer and an arcade owner in my time, and ive never got bored of playing, as with others here, fruit machines have been my "life".

so why do i enjoy playing via MFME?.... its simple...i love it.... :)

Edited by shaun2097, 08 July 2019 - 09:02 PM.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#11 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:33 PM

in all honesty i cant recall the exact circumstances when i first found this site and was introduced to the world of FME,,what i do know however,is it was probably one of the best internet "finds" i have ever had. I`d long been a gambler (the fruits were a serious problem for me) and had pretty much reached rock bottom.i had a couple of machines of my own, an old bell fruit clubber called Hot Dog and an Electrocoin lo tech called Wildcat. even having machines of my own made no difference,i still had to have the fix of risk and reward win or loss (nearly always loss) and how ever much (or little) cash i had, the machines always came first above all else.a few GamAnon meetings did jack as i would often spend my bus fare home and have to walk the 4 miles home from brum city centre.

I knew i had to do something,but I didnt know where or how to start.i think it was a mate who gave me a simulator cd which was pretty crap but seemed to take the edge off a bit when i was skint.but it wasnt enough.i needed something more....then i found Fruit Emu and things started to look up.

i found it amazing (and still do) that you can have and play actual machines on screen..the biggest bonus is that however much you pump into them you aint losing a penny.

i`ve even had a crack at making a few of these machine layouts myself and although far from perfect,making them gave me a buzz which i hope to recapture by returning to layout creation.

although not an overnight  cure for my fruit machine addiction,it has been an absolute Godsend on my pocket.i havent been on a fruity bender or wasted all my money in over 12 years now, a fact which i am proud of. it has also made me look at machines in the wild and arcades in general in a different light..now if i see a bullion bars,i think to myself "i`ve got that one at home" :D whereas in the past,id think nothing of chucking my last 50 quid into it.the preservation of old classics also means a lot to me,its fantastic to see  the old machines from the past bursting back to life,often machines you had long forgotten or lost hope of ever seeing again.(Silver Ghost thanks Vecs ;)  )

i also think that its important that these machines are preserved as part of our gaming and entertainment history,if not physically,then electronically by emulating them in the way we do here.its been a long journey,but thats what FME means to me and what i get out of it.many many thanks to chris and all of the layout creators for everything you have done and continue to do.

bry

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#12 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:37 AM

I love it to shaun2097 and Cashbox I couldn't of said it better myself. I was slightly addicted but never let it overrule my life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users