Photo

New layout section needed for updated MFME games?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#41 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:50 PM

This isn't about layout creators etc, and who's done this or that!

Its about trying to improve the sites accessibility. At the moment due to the newer mfme's this is not the case as pointed out by various members.

End of the day its the members whom have donated in whatever way they can that help this site flourish. 

This subject could always goto a poll, or if the moderation let me I'll add the relevant sections that are needed then its upto the members to fill them with the required items.

As said i'd do sections for

Mfme 6.1

Mfme v19 (or whatever it will be named) both will have a link to the relevant site for the emulator if not hosted within  this site.

All layouts from newbie members would need to be verified by moderators due to the recent ones uploaded!! 

A creators Section with sub sections similar to DIF's

i.e Reel Symbols - sub sections for either the machine company or tech's or both i'e barcrest mpu4, bellfruit scorp5 etc

Decals

Lamp Masks

Gallery section 

the flyers need there correct machine names not just numbers, yes it would take time but my OCD will get there in the end

Add more machine manufactures to the mix.

The Search bar function you can only search for four letters or more can this be made to three or more so the words "Bar" and "Bfm"  can be searched easily.

Also to add on the pm's you get a red number as normal but i can't open it unless i goto my profile or open a topic, is this like this for everyone or just me?

i think thats it for now

regards v666

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#42 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:52 PM

Yes, it does, if you have schizophrenia... ;)

That goes without saying :realmad: It goes with the Tourette's but I'll mind my P's and Q's on here :biglaugh:  

#43 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:55 PM

Well said Vecs and if anyone can do it, it'll be you :thumbs_up:

#44 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:55 PM

I am not a 'newbie' and have been a member on FME for 16 years (asteroth). I've seen some battles on here and much bad feeling over the years. This thread started with an innocent request it is now starting to throw up ill feelings against members. 

Let's not start a 'who did what to who' scenario please. We all appreciate the amount of time and hard work that goes into running an important site like this. This is constructive criticism from members and contributors who care about this site, not destructive.

I agree with other members, that the unecessary remark about Vecs was totally uncalled for !!!!

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#45 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

I read the same as ricardo before me, an innocent enough request/comment - sadly met with some harsh remarks almost immediately. 

#46 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:16 AM

I too have been a member here since 2006,different account though now. We have done our bit for this site just like the mods do. Listen to the members and sort the downloads section out. If you havent got time,then give access to a single member who can sort it out.

Also.if you press the new content tab it just gives a database error.

Hold the bells mate.

#47 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:59 AM

That is a quite a nasty thing to say to someone who creates pretty damn good stuff like many others on here. Why the hostility???

You misread the point. Read it as anything which I don't have to do is simple for me to do because it requires no effort from me to be done. It is not saying this is such a simple task that even Vectra could manage.

#48 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:04 AM

This isn't about layout creators etc, and who's done this or that!
Its about trying to improve the sites accessibility. At the moment due to the newer mfme's this is not the case as pointed out by various members.
End of the day its the members whom have donated in whatever way they can that help this site flourish. 

This subject could always goto a poll, or if the moderation let me I'll add the relevant sections that are needed then its upto the members to fill them with the required items.

As said i'd do sections for

Mfme 6.1
Mfme v19 (or whatever it will be named) both will have a link to the relevant site for the emulator if not hosted within  this site.
All layouts from newbie members would need to be verified by moderators due to the recent ones uploaded!! 

A creators Section with sub sections similar to DIF's
i.e Reel Symbols - sub sections for either the machine company or tech's or both i'e barcrest mpu4, bellfruit scorp5 etc
Decals
Lamp Masks

Gallery section 
the flyers need there correct machine names not just numbers, yes it would take time but my OCD will get there in the end
Add more machine manufactures to the mix.

The Search bar function you can only search for four letters or more can this be made to three or more so the words "Bar" and "Bfm"  can be searched easily.

Also to add on the pm's you get a red number as normal but i can't open it unless i goto my profile or open a topic, is this like this for everyone or just me?
i think thats it for now
regards v666

The biggest pain to administer the site is not where are the layouts it is where is the emulator. About twice a week on average. I now suggest they contact the emulator creator.

Also.if you press the new content tab it just gives a database error.

Yes it requires Pete W to sort it out. Request made.

#49 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:18 AM

So, from what I've read through this thread I've made is that the admin/moderators have an issue that the emulators themselves aren't loaded here, but that the layouts are? Am I correct in that assumption?

If I am, then really what is the point? Fruit Emu is happy to take donations from members to keep the site going... The least they could expect in return is that those running the site, help them maintain a database that they are helping to pay for.

The issue with Chris (Wizard) is a separate one from the members - this should not be taken out of members, quite a few of whom contribute towards Fruit Emu. That should be taken up with wizard himself, privately, and discussing, in a mannerly way, any problems that may be the issue.

This site is becoming a mess, and sadly it seems to me, that neither the admin nor the moderators really care about it, because of past issues.

I hope those donating to the site might reflect too much on this when their renewal payments are ready to be made again... It is those members this site is letting down, no one else.

I honestly never ever thought that Fruit Emu would become like this, it certainly isn't the site I always knew and loved for many years now...

Edited by stardust, 26 June 2019 - 06:21 AM.

#50 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:34 AM

Personally I think the mfme v5 section just needs to be renamed to whatever name can be reached by mutual agreement. Otherwise it will just become another redundant section taking up bandwith.

After all the tech sections are already there and all games that have been released since v5 was introduced will play on the latest emulator anyway.

The gallery section may need a slight update to accommodate other manufacturers, it may also need a category for reel band images or bands so that way they could be accessible to anyone when they need them.

#51 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

[quote name="barcrest junky" post="326697" timestamp="1561530259"]You misread the point. Read it as anything which I don't have to do is simple for me to do because it requires no effort from me to be done. It is not saying this is such a simple task that even Vectra could manage.

I misread nothing as it is what it is. Why not say it like that then rather than leave a "question mark" over the quote??

Me being new here has got to do with what?? Sounds like admin is after an argument but an argument is only good when it is constructive. I hope everyone comes to a mutual understanding as even though I am happy with this site, others that are much, much more experienced may require more.

C

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 26 June 2019 - 12:32 PM.

#52 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:13 PM

With the attitude of the Current Admin / Owner here, i can fully understand why the creator of Mfme does not want it hosted here.

Just my views, as i have been around these parts for a few years now also.

Ps. What happened to Alex (Aaamusements) ?

Edited by Mavroz, 26 June 2019 - 01:14 PM.

#53 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

Well just look in the download section,how many creators are left filling the database? Ita not like its the first time its been asked. 90% of the posts in this thread have had no response to them. 

Just like when the layout creator colour badges were removed from layout creators because the admin didnt like them,yet all other members have a colour code, us who contribute to the site look like validating members looooool

Hold the bells mate.

#54 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

I seen Aa online the other day.

#55 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:38 PM

You misread the point. Read it as anything which I don't have to do is simple for me to do because it requires no effort from me to be done. It is not saying this is such a simple task that even Vectra could manage.

I misread nothing as it is what it is. Why not say it like that then rather than leave a "question mark" over the quote??

Me being new here has got to do with what?? Sounds like admin is after an argument but an argument is only good when it is constructive. I hope everyone comes to a mutual understanding as even though I am happy with this site, others that are much, much more experienced may require more.

C
OK then you misunderstood the post. You suggested it was a nasty thing to say and implied it was hostile. I was pointing out that it was not hostile or nasty, simply that things are simple when "you" don't have to do it.

I never mentioned your newness here so not sure what that's about.

Oh and see Geddy for lessons on quoting posts; you need this skill if you are going to last in FME land.

That last line is a jokey one in case anyone is triggered by it

#56 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

[quote name="TommyC" post="326710" timestamp="1561556723"

Just like when the layout creator colour badges were removed from layout creators because the admin didnt like them,yet all other members have a colour code, us who contribute to the site look like validating members looooool[/quote]

That isnt entirely true yes weve lost the green but were now blue in colour and we still have our creator titles , Ive been almost every colour to date, thats history and should be left there as itll only open up old wounds.

The end of the day we enjoy what we do, but this site needs updating to accommodate various things .
A simple answer from the powers that be
Can you do the things us members ask for or not?
If not can someone else Maybe help in any way, if not then why not?
Plain and simple.

As for the emulator the layouts run on, End of the day its wizards emulator hes made it so its upto him where he decides to host it
You wouldnt got to a butchers for a pound of mince and expect the cooker to come with it would you? No you get the cooker from somewhere else!
Slightly different but the same In reality

Edited by vectra666, 26 June 2019 - 01:45 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#57 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:52 PM

I'm seeing the admin/moderators are replying to individuals with certain replies, but not addressing the issue raised in the main thread I made...

Very sad times, especially when MFME is taking off again to a place it used to be, I can't believe how the interests of the site has managed to get to this stage.

#58 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:58 PM

Very sad times, especially when MFME is taking off again to a place it used to be.

Wizard has been more than helpful. Oce past issues (MAME) had been concluded, the coding ploughed on, and seemingly all issues within the emulator had been addressed.

Hats off to Chris, the forums buzzed again once more.

#59 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

Oh and see Geddy for lessons on quoting posts; you need this skill if you are going to last in FME land.

:biglaugh: Geddy is the master at multi quoting. lol. :biglaugh:

Edited by shaun2097, 26 June 2019 - 02:13 PM.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#60 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

Wizard has been more than helpful. Oce past issues (MAME) had been concluded, the coding ploughed on, and seemingly all issues within the emulator had been addressed.

Hats off to Chris, the forums buzzed again once more.

And he only threatened to quit once or was it twice since? But that was Gary's fault (again) and I don't mean me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users