Photo

New layout section needed for updated MFME games?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#21 FruitEMU

FruitEMU

• Administrators
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:02 AM

Hi

Although the emulator cannot be hosted here and I can see why Wizard has made this decision, but this site has no restrictions on hosting the layouts, and I would say that this is the come to site for the latest layouts.
Therefor it makes perfect sense to have the layout downloads section divided into sub sections for each version of the emulator to make the layouts for that version easier to locate for users, This is not an issue of who hosts the emulator or not, but more a suggestion on how to make this site better and easier to use for the users here at Fruit- Emu.

What would make it easier to use is if users didn’t have to download layouts from here and then find the emulator in which to play them in a completely different site.

The decision to not have the latest emulator here is a decision which is still baffling and seems to be more about control, and the creator’s baffling hatred for this site, than any practical reasoning.

#22 FruitEMU

FruitEMU

• Administrators
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

Not by me, but you are quite happy for all the new layouts to be hosted here.

Irrelevant. Layout creators make a choice of whether to upload them here or not. Most do, some don’t.
The site has no say in the matter. What is your point?

#23 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:53 AM

What would make it easier to use is if users didnt have to download layouts from here and then find the emulator in which to play them in a completely different site.
The decision to not have the latest emulator here is a decision which is still baffling and seems to be more about control, and the creators baffling hatred for this site, than any practical reasoning.

If I remember right, wizards decision not to upload the latest mfme isn't to do with hatred for the site, far from it, does this mean he hates dadsfme or the mecca
I think it was to do we the exact same topic we're talking about right now, something about the older mfmes still about and no newer section for mfme6?
Anyways there's no need to get all fisty cuffs.
A simple answer would be sufficient, can you as a admin add a extra section or two to the downloads or not?

Ahh if he hates this site then why would the man himself ask the same question were asking now
https://www.fruit-em...ion/?hl=section

Edited by vectra666, 25 June 2019 - 11:57 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#24 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:06 PM

Of course it’s simple, anything which requires no effort from you must be?

That is a quite a nasty thing to say to someone who creates pretty damn good stuff like many others on here. Why the hostility???

#25 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:21 PM

Does anyone know who this fruitemu admin actually is,he seems to know alot but no-one knows who it is. Does anybof the admin even care abiut this site anymore . From were im looking,its us layout creators that are keeping the site traffic coming back? 

Hold the bells mate.

#26 FruitEMU

FruitEMU

• Administrators
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:13 PM

That is a quite a nasty thing to say to someone who creates pretty damn good stuff like many others on here. Why the hostility???

You’re new to all this, evidently.

#27 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:18 PM

You’re new to all this, evidently.

Irrelevant, it's still true what he says.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#28 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:50 PM

I am not picking sides as I read the thread and fail to understand why it got to this point? Correct me if I'm wrong but noobs(sounds funny saying that) are just as important as anyone else, besides, without everyones input from Admin to fresh meat(that means me) plays a part in this group. 

Good day all

C

#29 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

I am not picking sides as I read the thread and fail to understand why it got to this point? Correct me if I'm wrong but noobs(sounds funny saying that) are just as important as anyone else, besides, without everyones input from Admin to fresh meat(that means me) plays a part in this group. 

Good day all

C

I agree everyone is just as important as eachother 

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#30 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

Hi

I have been around the scene since the beginning and I don't detect that wizard has any hatred for this site unless I have missed something or a thread here that indicates otherwise, if this was his reason then surely he would have just stopped this site from hosting the latest versions of the emulator, and not just had one place to go, I cannot comment for other users here, but having to go to another site to download the emulator is no hardship, as I like most people here I am sure that most users also have accounts at all of the other main emulator sites any way, and visit them all a few times a week I know I do.

#31 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:53 PM

Hi Tommy

I don't know who the Administrator is but at a guess I would say its the person who owns the site, unless of course the owner has delegated more users to be admins for them

#32 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:44 PM

I do not think DIF or DADsFME has a v5, v6 or whatever release section... 

#33 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

I do not think DIF or DADsFME has a v5, v6 or whatever release section...

Dadsfme, dif, or the mecca don't have separate release areas. Would it be easier just to change the title of meme v5 to mfme v5 - current, as all layouts from v5 will work with the current emulator anyway.

#34 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:35 PM

Dadsfme, dif, or the mecca don't have separate release areas. Would it be easier just to change the title of meme v5 to mfme v5 - current, as all layouts from v5 will work with the current emulator anyway.

No because that implies that all will run on v5, the later ones won't

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#35 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:26 PM

It's quite a simple thing...

Either create a MFME 6+/Version 19 Section, or remove the categories from the main downloads section and, for simplistic terms, call it MFME Downloads (encompassing all MFME layouts - the layout creators defining which version the game must be played in.)

But as it is now, it isn't fit for purpose as it's all over the place with layouts in sections that that they don't belong in.

#36 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:42 PM

Be good for new members to have the sub mfme folder as this site is popular for layout downloads.  What's stopping this site having a sticky note in the emulator downloads section with a link to the latest version of mfme?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#37 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

Have to agree here but am sorry Vecs has stood by this site though thick and thin even to the point when this site was dead Vecs was still uploading masses of work.

This site is in great need of an update, as for new members coming here to try and find v6 layouts and to sit there scrolling though pages,well pointless when it could all be made simple.

Dont forget members make this site what it is and can only work with the tools YOU give. Your happy to take payments as well,so ya if you dont up date members over time will go somewhere else to site that are willing to update.

#38 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

I'd leave it as it is, if it's going to resurface old issues.

It's really is a minute issue.

FME is alive and well and that's all that matters.

#39 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:17 PM

Have to agree here but am sorry Vecs has stood by this site though thick and thin even to the point when this site was dead Vecs was still uploading masses of work.

This site is in great need of an update, as for new members coming here to try and find v6 layouts and to sit there scrolling though pages,well pointless when it could all be made simple.

Dont forget members make this site what it is and can only work with the tools YOU give. Your happy to take payments as well,so ya if you dont up date members over time will go somewhere else to site that are willing to update.

I will say that I have a Facebook group with nearly 2000 members in(not lots compared to some but adequate) and it can be a pain in the arse running things. I know I'll get shot in the foot for this but it looks organised in the downloads section doesn't it?

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 25 June 2019 - 07:18 PM.

#40 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:28 PM

I will say that I have a Facebook group with nearly 2000 members in(not lots compared to some but adequate) and it can be a pain in the arse running things. I know I'll get shot in the foot for this but it looks organised in the downloads section doesn't it?

Yes, it does, if you have schizophrenia... ;) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users