SocialDragon368

• Regulars
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM

File Name: Deal Or No Deal Cops & Robbers DX

File Submitter: meme3

File Submitted: 19 May 2019

File Category: Scorpion 5

Here is DOND Cops And Robbers set on Multistake/£70/84%. Thanks to Johnnyafc for the classic layout and Wizard for MFME 6.1 that i used for this layout. Enjoy it.

Click here to download this file

#2 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for this

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

thank you for this and thankyou for trying,but....

here's the down side of this post.

you really need to be trying harder to get a better looking layout than this, members will download this just because its a dond and not for its quality 

As said before you need to get better artwork  to start with if you want to succeed in this hobby. 

Don't try to run before you can walk!!!

yes i've said before it took myself a lot of layouts and time and a lot of criticism to get where i am today in terms of quality and i don't even think i'm half as good as the greats of past and present.

Now onto your layout,

apart from the quality of the artwork used

the base buttons when lit are unrecognizable far to bright.

the lamps are not masked properly, again this took me a while to correct.

dond box in the centre is missing

features "stir crazy & flash the cash" lamps missing also including the red coloured lamps for the features

as is the note inputs.

seven segs need enlarging and recolouring 

reel windows need doing correctly as in windows blanking out

also a lot of other bits wrong in this layout

Find something simple with decent artwork like a lo tech with few lamps to get a feel of the tools within photoshop and mfme's tools, even if its something already released, it doesn't matter as long as it looks ok, which in my eyes this doesn't, sorry to say.

As said before "if" you require help please,please don't be afraid ask for it. you can only improve with guidance, if not and you continue to produce work of this quality you'll only make a rod for your own back and get backlash. 

Edited by vectra666, 19 May 2019 - 07:16 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#4 innfection

innfection

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

I agree with vecs

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#5 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:58 PM

Not being horrible or disrespectful ... i played it and got fed up ... this is due to quality and unreadable ... layouts takes several days maybe weeks or months depends on the resources at the time this one to me took a Sunday job and that was it ... i could be right i could be wrong .... but there are layout designers that can help along the way ..... don't think im having a go ..... just need to learn how to make a decent layout 

Edited by Liverpool2008, 19 May 2019 - 09:58 PM.

<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#6 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:02 PM

Not being horrible or disrespectful ... i played it and got fed up ... this is due to quality and unreadable ... layouts takes several days maybe weeks or months depends on the resources at the time this one to me took a Sunday job and that was it ... i could be right i could be wrong .... but there are layout designers that can help along the way ..... don't think im having a go ..... just need to learn how to make a decent layout 

The one im doing has probably had a total of about 48hrs work, and not even seen a light yet.

#7 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:43 AM

In addition to what has been said, you could also end up doing yourself out of a full HD or higher res DX of a machine.

Someone doing or think of doing a DX could well just think sod it, that's already released.

Ultimately you're going to end up wasting your time, because people are going to see a layout by yourself and are not going to download and play it.

Get some roms for an as of yet unreleased machine such as MPU5 Nitro and do a classic for it, that will show you are actually trying to produce something and not just taking the piss.

#8 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:48 AM

thank you :)

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Is there a hi res flyer for this, as the only one I have sourced is from the bfm site and it's only eat 350kbs and hard to do anything from.
Then maybe , just maybe we can teach him how to do this properly

#10 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

Is there a hi res flyer for this, as the only one I have sourced is from the bfm site and it's only eat 350kbs and hard to do anything from.

I assume the 48hrs Richy is talking about on his post, is about a DX for this.

#11 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:59 AM

I assume the 48hrs Richy is talking about on his post, is about a DX for this.

No he is talking about his latest bar trek or something
As for a dx of this layout (cops n robbers) afaik there's no decent flyer or images for it yet?

Edited by vectra666, 20 May 2019 - 11:01 AM.

#12 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

That's just the prep on barcode Wac.
All the metallic practically needed redraw, and flash burn.

#13 meme3

meme3

SocialDragon368

• Regulars
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Because of this layout being taken off desertislandfruits, I now wish to apologise to reg.

#14 innfection

innfection

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:48 PM

didnt spa have pics of this

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#15 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:26 PM

I think the machine is on in the pics if I remember.

#16 meme3

meme3

SocialDragon368

• Regulars
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Does anyone have a decent flyer of this?

#17 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

Because of this layout being taken off desertislandfruits, I now wish to apologise to reg.

No need to apologise as we all f*** up sometimes(believe me, I have too but not with layouts)!! At least you made an attempt and thank you for that but with the standards of the likes of Pook, TommyC and Vectra, the bar has been set pretty damn high. As pointed out above, connect with other FMLs as they will assist and don't worry about selfish individuals on here taking all the credit as there are none.

#18 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

@Vectra.... i don't even think i'm half as good as the greats of past and present.

Definitely wrong as I have a stash of yours saved and yes, I do play them and other FMLs stuff. Give yourself a bit more credit than that buddy as I sure do!!!

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 15 August 2019 - 05:04 PM.

#19 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:42 PM

@Vectra.... i don't even think i'm half as good as the greats of past and present.

Definitely wrong as I have a stash of yours saved and yes, I do play them and other FMLs stuff. Give yourself a bit more credit than that buddy as I sure do!!!

thankyou and yes i have improved significantly, i should have with the amount of releases lol, approx 1 every 2weeks for 6 yrs!!

but take pooks/tommy's latest, i'll never be of that standard, but i do what i do cause i enjoy doing what we do.

but even the best like tommy/pook and many more can only do good layouts with decent resources.

to be that good takes months or years of practice and many/many layouts unless you're richy1976 for instance who produced decent stuff from the off.

there is always room in fmeland for newbie creators and these creators will probably produce below par work, just like i did and probably tommy and others can say this also when they started.

Whether a layout is good or not so good, (excluding totally shite or ripped off layouts) its always welcome,

just like meme's, he's had a go but he seriously needs to improve and take notice of what members says as its the only way to get credit for the work produced or you'll keep producing low standard layouts which will get people's back's up!!

As for art for this layout meme i don't think there is any decent stuff about or it would've been produced by now, but keep looking on the net as there's always stuff about thats decent enough to use

#20 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:13 PM

Richy has some pretty damn good stuff to and could of made a list of all the creators that I've taken from including Hitthesix and Duplu. If Meme carries on then maybe in a few years time he will be at proper FML level. Someone once told me that a classic can be knocked up pretty quick(if you know what you're doing) but a proper Dx can take a lot longer. Now I can see why!!

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 15 August 2019 - 07:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users