21 replies to this topic

#1 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:22 AM

Hey,I am wondering does anyone have any pictures or info on the tech etc of Barry Nobles domino machines which were in pubs and clubs in the mid 80's or so,would be great to revisit this machine,even better if it were possible to emulate,but doubt now there would even be any roms even if it were possible :( cheers

<p>If it ain't Broke Fix It Anyway!

#2 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

these were some Barry Noble machines discussed in another thread

https://www.fruitemu...18-barry-noble/

JRSC01.png

#3 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

these were some Barry Noble machines discussed in another thread

https://www.fruitemu...18-barry-noble/

Thanks john will take a look :)

#4 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:41 PM

After a little further reasearch on an isle of man forum,I have found out,that at the time the domino machines were in the pubs,ordinary fruit machines were not allowed lol,i wonder how barry noble wangled that one $$$ :D

also in the same thread i saw this screenshot,Is it an emulated machine or hoax! as i cant seem to find it????

Attached Files

Edited by Bungle, 29 November 2018 - 04:44 PM.

#5 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

Yes No worries im talking to myself again :9 found the layout but still looking for any images of BN Dominoes machine ty

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

That machine is emulated by Tommy C
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#7 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:07 PM

That machine is emulated by Tommy C

tnx vecs,had never seen it before,just wonder does it come with an isle of man specific rom,will have a look through them and see :)

#8 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

Yes mate it will, we have access to most of the roms from this era.  Lots of Maygay IOM roms available, basically just all cash versions.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#9 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:38 AM

Thanks fuzion appreciate the input,all becoming a little clearer now,found this on a isle of man based site..

https://www.manxforu...-street/&page=3

3rd post down.interesting.

#10 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

Ha! Those posts are by me :)

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#11 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:44 PM

Hey Chopaholic how ya doing bud,its not Alex by any chance is it?

Going back to the Barry nobles  Domino Machines,yes I am persistent but I would love for this to be emulated if atall it were possible,maybe someone has one somewhere (fingers crossed)

not even sure of the tech tbh anyone else know?but it was video of some description albeit a very early one 80's upwards or even possible late 70's.

Been at local library for a few hours today researching the incident that caused Barry to pull out of the Island,does make an interesting read! so ive attached a couple of articles which some may enjoy or not who knows.

I really hated history at school, but this type of history floats my boat :D

and finally  a picture of a very old bell-fruit machine at our local museum,its a gambling machine of sorts i suppose.was wanting to take it home,would look great above my fireplace :S

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   335.62KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   264.02KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   121.47KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  IMG_2309.JPG   96.93KB   1 downloads

#12 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:32 PM

Hey Chopaholic how ya doing bud,its not Alex by any chance is it?

Yes that's me :) I guess I already know you from somewhere?......

I can ask around about the dominoes machines, I've heard folks talk about them before so I might be able to dig up a bit of information :)

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#13 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:41 PM

Mate Good to see you still around :) i called down to yours many years ago up north,if you remember? cant exactly remember why,possibly to do with the emu etc,you made a dvd for me but i wont say what it was lol

loose lips sink ships hehe.how about another Hovel ;) all the best mate

yep would appreciate anything you can dig up especially the roms emulated :):):):)

Edited by Bungle, 30 November 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#14 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:00 AM

After a little further reasearch on an isle of man forum,I have found out,that at the time the domino machines were in the pubs,ordinary fruit machines were not allowed lol,i wonder how barry noble wangled that one $$$ :D

also in the same thread i saw this screenshot,Is it an emulated machine or hoax! as i cant seem to find it????

#15 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:58 AM

This one is running iom roms i take it, tnx for the link .

#16 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

It's not looking good on the rom or picture front,I really hoped it would be possible for one of the layout designers to resurrect it,A real shame and for those of you fruity addicts who never had the chance to experience the machine,I really feel youv'e missed out on something quite special,well they were to me.Not given up hope yet,a few more avenues to explore,and chopaholic may dig up some goodies who knows! And as Mr Noble didn't line them up on the sea front as he said he would,there must be some survivors somewhere, fingers crossed for the future and an immortalised BN domino machine.Thankyou and goodnight....

#17 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

Might be of interest Bungle :)

-----------

Remember how hateful it was to put a load of real money into a fruit machine and be rewarded (occasionally) with a massive pile of stupid tokens if you ever actually managed to win something?

Well the Isle of Man said SCREW YOU BENNY, and mandated that all prizes would be all cash, all the time.

Here is my story of that realisation.
----------

#18 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

hehe nice one alex will take a look mate many thanks,been on to island automatics and they reckon those domino machines are well gone,cabinets probably used for other ventures but the roms will be like rocking horse shit to get,so its a no go,damn shame really,tnx again for the vid will have a look tommorow at my parents as i have no broadband here,as the file is almost half a gig i gotta be careful with my 4g data allowance.cheers mate

#19 cary

cary

• New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

Barry Nobles  ahh the memories of a time gone by ...

as a wee young lad Barry noble was massive in nottingham with his sun valley arcades  (think i can remember about 12 in notts )

and of curse barry nobles astoria a big nightclub in the town centre  (any one from notts my age will remember barry nobles astoria) [I think is  now called MGM]

Ioman  get uss self to the BARRY NOBLE  astoria!!  man

(radio trent advert ) from the 80s

well as you should know Barry noble  was a geordie but maid his base in nottingham ! [link with bellfruit ]

his main factory was just down the road from me you could see line after line of fruit machine thro the upper windows ..

so they had a skip at back the with lots of (scrap) bits n bobs [tokens] keys 

but one day there was a lot domino machines  just lined up out side to get mashed in

so my best bet is they wil be old bellfruit roms ? so hope we can still get hold of them

True Ally Fraser office on Auf Wiedersehen, Pet 2 (ozzy drops big baz) that was in Barry noble office...big chieth

#20 cary

cary

• New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:14 AM

This was the old place

https://www.google.c...!7i13312!8i6656

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users