Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

Or maybe welcome back?

erm, maybe? lol

#22 Pokerhontis99

Pokerhontis99

• Regulars
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

There is some right pathetic bitches on here.  The guy paid a subscription and asked about when he is going to be able to get what he is entitled to.  Just because someone pays for the privilege of being able to download a few extra MB a day, it doesn't mean he is on the take.  I wonder what happened to that guy who created one of the best quality artworks this site has seen (Simpsons Metldown), that's right, he f***ed off because of all the abuse he got, being accused of being someone else and has returned to screw everyone over or whatever the real person did to make everyone so paranoid.  

I am a subscriber to this site, i expect nothing apart from being able to download layouts as and when i like and I have contributed nothing towards the creation of layouts.  I throughly enjoy and appreciate all the layouts the creators release and cannot express how happy i am when there are new releases, especially machines from my era.  Yes there are people who take advantage, but you shouldn't accuse people based on the minority. 

Edited by Pokerhontis99, 26 September 2018 - 11:12 PM.

#23 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:16 AM

Benjamouse has not f***ed off due to any abuse he got on here.  He is/was working on the Simpsons beer guide but did say he had other commitments,so wouldn't have much time for a while. This was posted at desert island fruits.

Hold the bells mate.

#24 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

There is some right pathetic bitches on here.  The guy paid a subscription and asked about when he is going to be able to get what he is entitled to.  Just because someone pays for the privilege of being able to download a few extra MB a day, it doesn't mean he is on the take.  I wonder what happened to that guy who created one of the best quality artworks this site has seen (Simpsons Metldown), that's right, he f***ed off because of all the abuse he got, being accused of being someone else and has returned to screw everyone over or whatever the real person did to make everyone so paranoid.  

I am a subscriber to this site, i expect nothing apart from being able to download layouts as and when i like and I have contributed nothing towards the creation of layouts.  I throughly enjoy and appreciate all the layouts the creators release and cannot express how happy i am when there are new releases, especially machines from my era.  Yes there are people who take advantage, but you shouldn't accuse people based on the minority. 

Hiya Pokerhontis, thank you for your post :)

I understand that, having made a donation to the upkeep of the site,  I must have upset some people upset by just informing an admin that I had done so; just in case that doesn't happen automatically. I was more than prepared to wait, so long as I knew that at some point someone would know about the donation, and the appropriate action taken to upgrade the account (which did actually happen very quickly, and with a lovely message from the admin people).

I'm not sure how I've upset people so badly with such a simple request, although this is the Internet and things seem to work like that sometimes. I suppose you've only got to check YouTube to see that a comments section simply doesn't work.

A shame as I would have liked to contribute to the forum but I'm not sure I'm even wanted here.

#25 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

Hiya Pokerhontis, thank you for your post :)

I understand that, having made a donation to the upkeep of the site,  I must have upset some people upset by just informing an admin that I had done so; just in case that doesn't happen automatically. I was more than prepared to wait, so long as I knew that at some point someone would know about the donation, and the appropriate action taken to upgrade the account (which did actually happen very quickly, and with a lovely message from the admin people).

I'm not sure how I've upset people so badly with such a simple request, although this is the Internet and things seem to work like that sometimes. I suppose you've only got to check YouTube to see that a comments section simply doesn't work.

A shame as I would have liked to contribute to the forum but I'm not sure I'm even wanted here.

I posted confirming it had been dealt with swiftly and before anyone actually posted your membership category had been changed to reflect the true position. Not really sure what else we can do to be honest. It's the internet. I'm not locking this thread and it will end up like a game of whack a mole all over the shop. It probably would be beneficial if no one else responded to this and energies diverted to furthering FME which, hopefully, is why we are all here.

Cheers

#26 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:57 AM

Sometime things written on the internet are taken the wrong way.

For instance my post at the beginning, was meant as a way of saying just what it said, that perhaps you were keen on downloading more than 1 layout a day. I personally didn't see what was wrong with you being keen on getting started and maybe I should have added a  :)  at the end of my post.

But I didn't and then couldn't tell from your quote of me, whether you thought I was having a go or not, which I wasn't.

I thought, well things will now move on anyway, because you sounded keen on not just downloading but getting involved in the discussions and even looking at doing some layouts. It's a shame that things haven't completely moved beyond this post, but good to see you have posted in other threads.

To make it clear from my view, anyone who donates, is a member to be thanked and accepted, even if they don't get involved with the discussions etc...after the donation stage.

#27 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

Sometime things written on the internet are taken the wrong way.

For instance my post at the beginning, was meant as a way of saying just what it said, that perhaps you were keen on downloading more than 1 layout a day. I personally didn't see what was wrong with you being keen on getting started and maybe I should have added a  :)  at the end of my post.

But I didn't and then couldn't tell from your quote of me, whether you thought I was having a go or not, which I wasn't.

I thought, well things will now move on anyway, because you sounded keen on not just downloading but getting involved in the discussions and even looking at doing some layouts. It's a shame that things haven't completely moved beyond this post, but good to see you have posted in other threads.

To make it clear from my view, anyone who donates, is a member to be thanked and accepted, even if they don't get involved with the discussions etc...after the donation stage.

No, it was clear from your post that you weren't having a pop :)

It's a shame it's so difficult to tell from what people write whether they mean good or bad (or indifference!). That's the beauty of spoken speech, of course!

As an aside, I'm working on a piece of software, the purpose of which is to directly benefit all users of the fruit machine emulation scene. I don't want to say too much more at the moment, but I believe that it will be of genuine use to the majority of people who enjoy emulation. The first release will be within the next month - I have a working beta version here just now. This will be my contribution to the scene.

I appreciate all the layout makers because I look at the layouts and just think "wow, that must be incredibly difficult, intricate and time consuming to make all those layouts". It's not something that I would have the patience (or skill / knowledge) to do if I'm honest.

And of course, I also appreciate the creator of the emulator which has allowed us to enjoy both old and new fruit machines. I suspect he enjoys the challenge of adding new and interesting features and additions to the software, enabling the creation of more and more machines!

#28 FruitEMU

FruitEMU

• Administrators
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

@fruitnutter - please can you reply to the PM sent.

Many thanks.

#29 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

As an aside, I'm working on a piece of software, the purpose of which is to directly benefit all users of the fruit machine emulation scene. I don't want to say too much more at the moment, but I believe that it will be of genuine use to the majority of people who enjoy emulation. The first release will be within the next month - I have a working beta version here just now. This will be my contribution to the scene.

As far as i know Wizard works really hard on new features aswell as updates .... maybe a penny pusher emulator in the future but who knows as there are fruit machines out there with penny pushers .... as for you said creating a new emulator is a challenge but i would not like to be in a competition with our Fruit Emu Legend WIZARD as hes the main reason why we are all here enjoying the layouts

Edited by Liverpool2008, 29 September 2018 - 12:55 PM.

<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#30 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

As far as i know Wizard works really hard on new features aswell as updates .... maybe a penny pusher emulator in the future but who knows as there are fruit machines out there with penny pushers .... as for you said creating a new emulator is a challenge but i would not like to be in a competition with our Fruit Emu Legend WIZARD as hes the main reason why we are all here enjoying the layouts

Oh I'm not writing an emulator, nor will I be in any form of competition with Wizard, he's far in advance of anything that I could produce!

I'm just hoping to make something that makes peoples lives a bit easier, that's all!

#31 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:31 PM

Oh I'm not writing an emulator, nor will I be in any form of competition with Wizard, he's far in advance of anything that I could produce!

I'm just hoping to make something that makes peoples lives a bit easier, that's all!

Its a challenge mate but good luck :)

<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#32 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

Its a challenge mate but good luck :)

Cheers! Always loved working on software projects, hopefully this will be a useful one!

#33 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Hold the bells mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users