• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 chloemarietaylor

chloemarietaylor

Chloe

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

I have been search through the lists and resources of the site trying to find a certain machine in hope of playing it once again.

It was a machine of the late 90's with quite a distinctive style. I don't think it was barcrest, jpm or maygay to start with as it was not in their usual style, though I might be wrong.

It was themed around King Arthur or similar. It had a big circular board with quite a lot of stops. I don't remember much but there was the lady in the lake who gave you sword with comical or at least I remember comical voices.

The board was quite forgiving and gave quite a long feature run. The version I played was 5p/£5 if I remember.

Sorry the details are so sketchy, it has been 20 years hehe.

Edited by chloemarietaylor, 28 April 2018 - 10:08 AM.

#2 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

Sounds like Excalibur

http://www.fruit-emu...alibur-1600-dx/

#3 chloemarietaylor

chloemarietaylor

Chloe

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

Sounds like Excalibur

http://www.fruit-emu...alibur-1600-dx/

No that's not it, the feature board was far bigger with many more stops. Definitely scratching my head, i tried all the Arthur, Lady in the Lake, Excalibur, Camelot keyword searches I could think of and still no luck. Thanks though

Edited by chloemarietaylor, 28 April 2018 - 10:48 AM.

#4 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Global knight's trail ?

Edited by Mavroz, 28 April 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#5 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

Spellbound by BWB I reckon :)

In the Barcrest Genesis cabinet.  Last one I saw was in The Pavilion in Burnham-on-sea, but we're talking 20 years ago.  There *may* be a pic floating around somewhere, as I think I saw one years back, possibly from an eBay listing.

You're welcome ;)

Edited by stevedude2, 28 April 2018 - 04:38 PM.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#6 chloemarietaylor

chloemarietaylor

Chloe

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:39 AM

Spellbound by BWB I reckon :)

In the Barcrest Genesis cabinet.  Last one I saw was in The Pavilion in Burnham-on-sea, but we're talking 20 years ago.  There *may* be a pic floating around somewhere, as I think I saw one years back, possibly from an eBay listing.

You're welcome ;)

Hi Steve, sorry have been programming all week and only just checked back. The name definitely rings a bell, though I can't be sure till I see it. I take it it isn't emulated yet then :( xxx

#7 chloemarietaylor

chloemarietaylor

Chloe

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:44 AM

Global knight's trail ?

Just looked in the gallery , definitely not that one. Thanks for trying though. x

#8 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

im sure JPM did camelot, with sounds like By-jove etc etc.

http://www.fruit-emu...melot-1280-wdx/

Edited by nails, 07 May 2018 - 09:50 AM.

#9 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

Hi Steve, sorry have been programming all week and only just checked back. The name definitely rings a bell, though I can't be sure till I see it. I take it it isn't emulated yet then :( xxx

I don't think it's emulated unfortunately, or even if any ROMs are available.  I'll have to see if I ever saved off a pic somewhere.  I'm pretty sure we're thinking of the same game.  It was in the same cabinet as Psycho Cash Beast, King Kebab and so on.  The frames were purple, big circular board, Lady in the Lake mentioned somewhere, I think you had to light the word Spellbound or Excalibur to start the feature perhaps.  Would probably have been 20p play £10 cash originally, but the last one I saw was 10p play £4 jackpot or something.  Made by BWB, with the BWB-style reel symbols of the time.  I wish I could remember more, but it was a pretty forgettable game considering some of the other stuff around at the time.  It's possible there were checkpoints around the board where you had to do a YES/NO skillstop to carry on.  Someone else must remember it...

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

there's a club machine by jpm called club magic circle so maybe there's a awp of it .
In fact whilst we're on the subject this could do with a mfme6 update if any artwork floating about

Attached Files

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#11 chloemarietaylor

chloemarietaylor

Chloe

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

I don't think it's emulated unfortunately, or even if any ROMs are available.  I'll have to see if I ever saved off a pic somewhere.  I'm pretty sure we're thinking of the same game.  It was in the same cabinet as Psycho Cash Beast, King Kebab and so on.  The frames were purple, big circular board, Lady in the Lake mentioned somewhere, I think you had to light the word Spellbound or Excalibur to start the feature perhaps.  Would probably have been 20p play £10 cash originally, but the last one I saw was 10p play £4 jackpot or something.  Made by BWB, with the BWB-style reel symbols of the time.  I wish I could remember more, but it was a pretty forgettable game considering some of the other stuff around at the time.  It's possible there were checkpoints around the board where you had to do a YES/NO skillstop to carry on.  Someone else must remember it...

Definitely sounds the same one I remember. I only remember it being in one arcade and 10p/£4 sounds about right. I just remember it being a machine that gave a long game on a modest amount and give a decent chance of been ahead at the end, at least at that stake. There are very few machines I liked that can't be played on emu any more, this is perhaps the last one for me.

#12 1969kappa

1969kappa

South Park fan

• Regulars
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Robinhood ?

#13 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:22 PM

Definitely sounds the same one I remember. I only remember it being in one arcade and 10p/£4 sounds about right. I just remember it being a machine that gave a long game on a modest amount and give a decent chance of been ahead at the end, at least at that stake. There are very few machines I liked that can't be played on emu any more, this is perhaps the last one for me.

Was it this?

Attached Files

#14 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

Was it this?

Excalibur

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#15 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:13 PM

Excalibur

BwB version??

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#16 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

Maybe

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#17 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:39 PM

Robin hood by Ace coin housed in the Red electra cabinet. Running impact 

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#18 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:42 PM

Excalibur was a red genesis cabinet know as the genesis gray made by MDM leisure running mpu4,

#19 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:47 PM

https://www.fruit-em...-excalibur-mdm/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users