Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

MFME cabinet build - the project begins.....

Best Answer No1Stoney, 05 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

Coin Mech holder if you need one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...KoAAOSwONBZC7RO

Your coin chute should connect to the top of this, the mech sits on it and the holder can be screwed into your cab.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

I had a touch screen build going on but the main problem was it wasn't comfy to use.  I do prefer a totally touch input as I don't want to have all the buttons.   I do use an 11" Dell Venue Pro Core i3 tabet, which plays very well. A tad small but in portrait mode is ok.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#142 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

New here but this thread is awesome. Im looking for a home made fruit emu and I think I just found inspiration!! Really wanted to run on a rpi but a Windows PC May just be easier. I love your cab but the button placement issue - would a win 10 touchscreen make it any easier? The only thing is you then lose the proper push of a proper tactile fruity button. Not sure. I think your build is awesome.

Glad you've got some inspiration from all the cabinets that have been built so far and thank you for your kind words regarding my own build.

I (personally) steered away from a touchscreen for a number of reasons. Firstly cost. And secondly I really like the feel of whacking a real button for a skillstop or other such thing. Or higher/lower etc. Plus it might be ergonomically awkward hitting buttons at that angle?

It is personal taste though I suppose?

If/When you start your own build make sure you take a load of 'progress' pics and then you can share them in the forums :)

#143 eric

eric

• Regulars
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

Thanks Jamie for your kind words. As you know, I certainly wouldn't have managed to build mine and get it all working without your help.

The software on mine works by reading the memory address 0x96e0a4.

I've spoken to Wizard and he's happy for people to know what address holds the value to pay out. Although he has said that this address may change in the next version of the software.

The software I wrote takes a snapshot of the value at this address when the machine starts.

It then continually compares the value at this address to see if it has incremented.

If the value increases it keeps monitoring it until it reaches £1 at which point it instructs the £1 hopper to pay out 1 coin and deducts that amount from the total that the value has incremented.

If the software polls the value at the address a couple of times and it hasn't changed then it pays out the rest in 10p's.

So.... here's an example of a pay out.....

I win £1.60

The value at the address counts up 10... 20.... 30.... 40.... (at this point my software is just taking the original value of the address away from the new value to calculate the amount it should pay out - but it's not paid anything out at this point)... 50... 60... 70... (it obviously can't  pay out whilst this is going on as it would end up just telling the 10p hopper to pay out 3 coins, then 2 coins, then 3 coins, the 1 coin. etc all the way to £1.60).... 80,.... 90..... 100.... at this point I know that I've won at least a pound so I instruct the £1 hopper to pay a coin out and deduct the 100 from the total... 10....20...30....40....50....60....60.....60.... (at this point the count hasn't changed so I know that I can now pay out 6 coins from the 10p hopper and that's the final amount paid).

My software also monitors that the £1 hopper pays out the coin and, if not, it sends instructions to the 10p hopper to pay out 10 coins and alerts the user that the £1 hopper is empty with a verbal message.

The software was my first attempt at C++ and it seems to work ok. I sent it to Wizard just in case he was interested and I've not heard back so I presume he's still pissing his pants at it but.... it does get the job done! lol :) :) :)

If you need more info Jamie then please let me know. 

Cheers

John :)

Hi John,

your project is fantastic,

Can you send me your c++ software, i have a hopper with interface, but is very dificult for me to understand the function. i begin to build a cabinet.

thanks

Eric

#144 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

Hi John,

your project is fantastic,

Can you send me your c++ software, i have a hopper with interface, but is very dificult for me to understand the function. i begin to build a cabinet.

thanks

Eric

You can use the pac-drive features of version 6 of the emulator which should make your life easier.

Edited by Reg, 30 December 2017 - 02:08 PM.

#145 eric

eric

• Regulars
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

Hi,

the pac drive for send signal to the hopper ? its just  ok for the led control i seem.

i think you must create a  vbnet program for take the cash out signal.

can you help me.

Eric

#146 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

Uptown and I programmed a small segment of vb/c++ code to send the signal to the hoppers. With mfme 6.0 it is possible to use the Pacdrive to signal the hoppers to run. I have not looked into this myself yet but it seems pretty straight forward. If you go down the programming route you should look at the documentation online regarding the hopper interface device to find the code you need to use

#147 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

wonderful stuff

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#148 eric

eric

• Regulars
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

Hi No1Stoney,

Thank you for your help, you and Uptown47 give me very good advice.

Happy new year

Eric

#149 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

I've been meaning to leave a message here since I started my own thread.

I really love this stuff and I've sung praise to this thread and your cabinet a couple of times uptown47 while posting in my own.

I genuinely never expected to see emulation cabinets for fruit machines of all things, so it's amazing how far we've come and how much easier this sort of thing is to achieve in your own home now.

I really love your machines guys, and that video you uploaded above there Reg looks amazing.

The cabinet's very authentic looking in it's design.

Edited by Benjamoose, 01 January 2018 - 01:11 PM.

#150 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Still lurking a bunch but haven't had much to contribute to the forum.

That said I've been thinking of doing this ever since I first discovered this thread;

1) -

2) -

3) - http://benjaminrudman.com/audio/fruitemu_uptown47/uptown47_cab_3.mp3

4) - http://benjaminrudman.com/audio/fruitemu_uptown47/uptown47_cab_4.mp3

5) - http://benjaminrudman.com/audio/fruitemu_uptown47/uptown47_cab_5.mp3

6) - http://benjaminrudman.com/audio/fruitemu_uptown47/uptown47_cab_6.mp3

7) - http://benjaminrudman.com/audio/fruitemu_uptown47/uptown47_cab_7.mp3

Obviously you don't have to use 'em, but when I heard you were using a Text-to-Speech voice intro, I figured maybe you'd appreciate some other options to randomize or something.

Edit: I'm not sure why the first two randomly embedded into a player but the rest stayed as links by the way.

Edited by Benjamoose, 11 February 2018 - 09:09 PM.

#151 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Wow!! They are absolutely SUPERB!!!!

I love 'em!!!

I'm going to be changing my software pronto so that it randomises one of those every time the machine boots up!

I've no idea how you managed to do all them (was that you doing impressions or some software you have) ?

Absolutely brilliant! I can't thank you enough.

Cheers

:)

#152 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

All just impressions/custom voice work. No fancy software :D.

Thanks for the kind words uptown! Glad you like the recordings!

Edited by Benjamoose, 21 February 2018 - 08:43 AM.

#153 eric

eric

• Regulars
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

Benjamoose you make a great job

Your sound files and your  Hd Simpsons layout  is perfect on a vertical screen.

I love it.

Eric 

#154 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Thanks Eric! Glad you like it.

#155 jjoengineer

jjoengineer

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

Hi Guys,
Forgive me if this seems like a daft question but I'm fairly new to all this. I'm having a go at building my own MFME Cab. Obviously to restrict the amount of buttons on the cab from what I can see on YouTube some cabs have coloured buttons either side of the machine and when the game launches it displays what these buttons do on a particular game (see picture). I presume its the bmp note file. However once the layout is "published" on MFME 6 I can't edit it.

Is there a way I can edit the bmp note file? And if not is there a way I can add another bmp note file to the layout?

Again apologies if this is a dumb question.
Thanks
Jon.

Attached Files

#156 gareth_iowc

gareth_iowc

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:06 PM

Attached File  Capture.PNG   47.43KB   0 downloads

Can anyone help me getting the cover working in mgalaxy? 

I can see all of the roms and load them but images show as media missing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users