• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#61 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

many for altharic  (also posted on Dads)

Right then Hells Bells 1600Wdx now accepts Notes and its refilled and volume up full to transfer notes two at a time you hold the start button down
i basically copied what i done on pink panther and it appeas to work admittedly the secs aren't completly accurate as should be set to in sec-8 out sec-2,3,8 or summut like that
got to admit the layout is in need of a major update the reels aren't the best, but it was many moons back this was produced as for tommy c's layout that has gone wrong in mfme5 no normal cash lamps showing on my file
anyways here you go

This has the hoppers set incorrectly, please see this post:

http://www.fruit-emu...fixes/?p=298802

And I'm not sure why you have set the Note Acceptor to NV4 as the ccTalk one works perfectly well once you have entered the BNV key:

http://www.fruit-emu...fixes/?p=298808

I can only repeat myself so many times before I give up and leave you to it.

Edited by Wizard, 14 January 2017 - 08:19 AM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#62 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

I forget sorry, I know the code 123456 for cctalk but does it matter which notey works as long as one does? As for the hoppers I just thought if they're counting in and out it didn't really matter but again suppose it does for the book keeping side of things.
I must slap myself with a wet fish and remember these things in future lol.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#63 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

Because the ccTalk Note Acceptor always responds to commands, it's always better to use that rather than NV4 as the machine might then think it's got 2 Note Acceptors.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#64 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

This has the hoppers set incorrectly, please see this post:

http://www.fruit-emu...fixes/?p=298802

And I'm not sure why you have set the Note Acceptor to NV4 as the ccTalk one works perfectly well once you have entered the BNV key:

http://www.fruit-emu...fixes/?p=298808

I can only repeat myself so many times before I give up and leave you to it.

Maybe we need a mfme FAQ for setting up meters etc at the very least this should be stickied for reference.

Apologies for repeated questions I understand your frustrations but I don't always see all posts here I have limited time on the computer these days.

#65 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

Last lot of Scorp 4 machines. I think I have now covered all that I have. Thankfully most of this lot over the next few posts, are very simple fixes and in some cases just to get the emulation in the background correct.

The following are just a case of unchecking hoppers in the configuration, because it is simply correct emulation and in some cases, it will also clear the refill messages on start up. So go to, design, edit mode, configuration tab and uncheck both hoppers for these machines -

Around The Board in 40 days

Bankety Bank, Bedazzled, Big Blaster,

Cabin Fever, Cash On The Lash, Chavvy Chase,

Cop The Lot, Coronation Street, Deal Or No Deal (the original machine)

Diamond Mine,  Doctor Do$h, Evolution,  Fever

Golden Balls, Golden Grid, Golden Winner, Happy Notes

High 'N' Mighty, Hilowarth, Hissing Quid, Hit Shot

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, Jumpin' Jack Cash, Lockbuster,

Never Mind The Jackpots, Pony Express, Reely Crazy

Rovers Return, Tubular Bells.

Edited by wearecity, 15 January 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#66 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

Bar 7's £25 30p play - Uncheck hoppers, this has a coms countdown on start up from 100, Wizard, or anyone else do you know how to stop this, or like the can't play until after 2pm machines, something we will have to put up with.

Bar 7's £5 20p play - Uncheck both hoppers and add bit0 1 to coin mech and 0 shortcut. In meter should be 2*1  and out 3*1

Classic Crazy Fruits - £5 jackpot - add bit0 1 to coin mech and the 0 shortcut.

Crazy Fruits Downunder - Uncheck both hoppers, and add bit0 1 to coin mech and 0 shortcut

Crazy Fruits Red - Add a checkbox 32 to get rid of refill message as hopper is needed

Crazy Fruits Green - Had a real muck about to get working, so it's attached to this post.

Dough and Arrow,  Easystreak, Fruit Frenzy, Happy Fruits - Uncheck both hoppers. Add bit0 1 and shortcut 0 to coin mech.

Hells Bells - uncheck both hoppers, make sure the out meter, is set to sec 3*1, otherwise if it has  *4, it will give 4 times payout in meter. Add bit0 1, and 0 key shortcut for coin mech and if it bothers, change the cancel button shortcut while in Edit mode to `

Lord Of The Rings - Return of The King - Uncheck both hoppers. add bit0 1 and 0 shortcut to coin mech.

Lucky Balls - (one without the proper disc reel) - Uncheck hopper 2 to clear pay out err 17, add bit0 1 and shortcut 0 to coin mech. Lucky Balls - (with proper disc reel) just uncheck hopper 2.

Magic Poundabout - Uncheck both hoppers. Add bit0 1 and 0 shortcut to coin mech. Make sure meters are set to in sec2*1 and out Sec 3*1

Money To Burn - add bit0 1 and shortcut 0 to coin mech, uncheck hopper 1, check hopper 2 and add checkbox 32 clear refill.

Montego Pay - add bit0 1 and shortcut 0 to coin mech

Motorway Mania - Uncheck hopper 1, make sure  hopper 2 is checked, add checkbox 32 to clear refill message.

Pac Man by QPS - £5 10p play - Uncheck hopper 1, to get rid of pay err 96

Pac Man - £15, 30p play - Change coin input on coin mech to bit0 1.

Pac Man - £15, 25p play -  Uncheck hopper 1 to get rid of pay err 96. I have two of these DX's, one work fine, after unchecking hopper 1. The other one, I couldn't clear the pay out err 96, even with the same config settings, but after loading in the one that worked, followed by the other one and it cleared. Very strange, but I'm sure I didn't imagine it.

Paystation - Uncheck both hoppers, and add bit0 1 and shortcut 0 to coin mech

Quazzi Mo Dough - If you get an on/off alarm on this, you have time to make a cup of coffee/tea, before it will clear, otherwise fine.

Red Hot X & Red Hot X Club - Check hopper 1 and uncheck hopper 2, to clear, pay err 17

Attached Files

#67 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

Finally some that have issues, I haven't solved, possibly easy and possibly impossible a la Tetris.

Hot Property - Unable to get into door close mode and payout

Jack The Kipper - Unchecked both hoppers as it's meant to be that way, however this has a garbled alpha.

Juicy Jackpots - Garbled alpha

Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers,  should have both hoppers unchecked, Meters set to in sec 2*1, out sec 3*1, I can't get the coin mech to be clickable with the mouse, tried clearing all of screen comps, but no luck.

Nudge It - Alpha goes garbled sometimes, just doesn't look right

Pac Man Plus - Unable to get into door close mode and payout

Return Of The Count - Garbled alpha.

Attached Files

#68 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

Noticed if you resize some layouts in 5.1 the alpha does distort.

#69 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the fixes wearecity.

:)

Could you post bar 7s £5 please, not got it & it doesnt come up in search due to 3 letter word.

Thanks.

#70 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

The ones I noticed have wrong characters. Some start showing goobledegook and some the writing can be fine, until you get into the features, where it'll goes backwards.

Bar 7's attached.

Attached Files

Edited by wearecity, 15 January 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#71 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:55 PM

The ones I noticed have wrong characters. Some start showing goobledegook and some the writing can be fine, until you get into the features, where it'll goes backwards.

Bar 7's attached.

Like this?

Attached Files

#72 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

Another little improvement, which some may not know about is the 7 segs displays.

Load up Bedazzled for instance and look the display for picks. The little display, doesn't look good with the new emulator.

So go into design edit mode and you'll see you can drag off the overlay and reveal the true display underneath. You can then delete it altogether, by right clicking on it and err, pressing delete.

I appreciate, the layout designers are saying duh, really right now, but to people like me, it was a nice discovery.

#73 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

Finally some that have issues, I haven't solved, possibly easy and possibly impossible a la Tetris.

Hot Property - Unable to get into door close mode and payout

Jack The Kipper - Unchecked both hoppers as it's meant to be that way, however this has a garbled alpha.

Juicy Jackpots - Garbled alpha

Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers,  should have both hoppers unchecked, Meters set to in sec 2*1, out sec 3*1, I can't get the coin mech to be clickable with the mouse, tried clearing all of screen comps, but no luck.

Nudge It - Alpha goes garbled sometimes, just doesn't look right

Pac Man Plus - Unable to get into door close mode and payout

Return Of The Count - Garbled alpha.

The first one I looked at randomly had the WRONG ALPHA to begin with.

I believe Return of the Count uses BFM Dot Marix Alpha.  Don't be so quick to blame the emulators Alpha here where the original layout maybe wrong.

Attached File  ReturnoftheCount.png   83.96KB   1 downloads

Edited by Reg, 15 January 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#74 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

Like this?

Yes and similar. But some just fill up with ***&&&&***££"!"£$% at certain points.

I'm sure if people go through the layouts, we will find/highlight and correct many, if an easy solution is available.

#75 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

The first one I looked at randomly had the WRONG ALPHA to beging with.

I believe Return of the Count uses BFM Dot Marix Alpha.  Don't be so quick to blame the emulators Alpha here where the original layout maybe wrong.

attachicon.gifReturnoftheCount.png

I certainly, wasn't looking blame anyone :D Obviously in most cases, options and items, that weren't in early emulators, are now available, so it's understandable that some things may be incorrect.

Thanks for the info.

As an aside, I had this in my MPU5 folder, until I was going through looking at all the scorpion 4 layouts.

Edited by wearecity, 15 January 2017 - 06:23 PM.

#76 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

Noticed if you resize some layouts in 5.1 the alpha does distort.

Yes because it's physically impossible to scale them with 100% accuracy

#77 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

I had this in my MPU5 folder, until I was going through looking at all the scorpion 4 layouts.

This does not bode well with sorting your GAME MANGER - go and check EVERYTHING again...

#78 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

Yes and similar. But some just fill up with ***&&&&***££"!"£$% at certain points.

I'm sure if people go through the layouts, we will find/highlight and correct many, if an easy solution is available.

Yes, an obvious sign that they should be Dot Matrix displays! Blame the original layout creator as they would behave the same in any earlier MFME

#79 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Also any layout using the old Alpha display should be updated to the new one to massively improve readability. It's easy to do, just load the layout, edit mode, design -> Misc Tools -> Convert Alpha

Then bring up the display properties and edit to suit, usually making the thickness 1 for small displays and setting the colour, horz spacing etc. Also be sure to select the right character set for the machine in question BFM for bfm. OKI for the majority of newer machines, and old charset for early MPU4s, also remember to check 16 seg!

#80 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

That's good news then, that it's an easy fix for most alpha.

I looked at converting some old alphas to the new alpha, as I come across them, but it's another thing that affects, a lot of layouts. So where, it's simply a case of  misc tools, convert alpha, I've done them. But some though do need to be edited more than just simply convert. So, it's another on my to do list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users